I need to dye the fabric on my zipper pull..

Mar 28, 2015
So I recently bought a pre loved Rebecca Minkoff. Only damage is the discoloration of the bag so I bought tarrago dye and the bag is turning out great :smile: however the color of the zipper pull is hot red and I'm dyeing the bag dark grey! So the contrast is harsh. I tried using the same dye for the zipper but I feel like the dye just absorbs so quickly into the zipper pull frabric I don't have a chance to spread the paint thoroughly... I guess I could use up the paint slowly but is there any easier way??? Thanks I'm advance!

So I recently bought a pre loved Rebecca Minkoff. Only damage is the discoloration of the bag so I bought tarrago dye and the bag is turning out great :smile: however the color of the zipper pull is hot red and I'm dyeing the bag dark grey! So the contrast is harsh. I tried using the same dye for the zipper but I feel like the dye just absorbs so quickly into the zipper pull frabric I don't have a chance to spread the paint thoroughly... I guess I could use up the paint slowly but is there any easier way??? Thanks I'm advance!
Actually, grey and red are complimentary colors.

Did the zipper take any color at all or ?

Yes, a photo would be nice...

Actually, grey and red are complimentary colors.

Did the zipper take any color at all or ?

Yes, a photo would be nice...

No I don't think so but I'll examine it closely it's gunmetal hardware so it's hard to tell. Yeah, idk.. I just wanna grey it out because the red looks so neon and bright... I wanted a neutral -ish crossbody. Will be posting pictures momentarily. I have another thread on the RM forum of what the bag looks like, can't quite grab the link to it tho since I'm mobile.