I need the Real Scoop on Paddys

I've been looking around the forum and seeing some great bags. I think I am sure I need a medium Paddy. Some of the other styles are cute (and thanks for the pics) but I am sold on the Regular Paddy's look.
I'm an ebayer and I know the evil that lurks...LOL That's why I would be purchasing one used from an avid purse lover like myself in a safe situation as far as authenticity. I've seem some awesome colors. But I am a neutral person so I am aiming towards a whiskey or tan type bag. I saw a gorgeous metallic Chloe. I also saw a beautiful blue/grey one. I am not fond of light colored bags so the blanc is out.

^a gorgeous tan on eBay was posted in the shopping thread!
eBay: Auth CHLOE Paddington TAN with invoice!!! gently used (item 260083495731 end time Feb-11-07 09:54:26 PST)

I sold my tan paddy satchel and somewhat regret it - but I didn't find it a very practical bag with the lock-flipping (even with lock off), and I didn't find the handy pockets very handy (phone slipped out of cell pocket because of slouch, and outside pockets are nice and deep but they are full length so your items drift underneath the bottom of the bag and it makes it hard to find things quickly). Still, I loved the look (sans lock - got burned out on seeing ginormous locks), loved carrying it, loved the leather too! If you carry Kooba the paddy weight won't bother you one bit.

Now I have a new-style paddington hobo - the same great leather, the shoulder drop is longer, lots of pockets (although still minor accessibility issues!), and no lockplate so the lock can be left off without looking like something is missing. BUT if I could've afforded to keep the regular satchel too, I would have.... and TAN is the original campaign color - a truly iconic bag!

You are going to have so much fun shopping for one!!

among all chloes, the paddy is my favorite, the medium is heavy for me though so i got the baby size. the weight is more manageable although not a lot of room for all my stuff.