I need something in taupe!!

Bethanh

O.G.
May 24, 2012
:wave:
Hi everyone!!!
I've been AWOL for the last year. We did a massive renovation and I was so consumed by the whole process that I had no head space for any mulberry (even though the store called me every few months!!)
Now we are finished and back home and I must admit that I am hankering after something in taupe.
So I guess I am ready to get off the couch!!:lol:

Now I just need to decide what to get. I'm an Alexa girl. But I must admit the willow is calling (if they did the del Rey in taupe I would be tempted by that).
Unfortunately the willow is close to A$3000!!!!
Man, I must have missed several price rises in my absence!!
I don't want anything too heavy, and don't really like the bays shoulder bag.

Any suggestions? Does anyone have the willow in taupe?
God, it's good to be back!! :graucho: :love: (and I need to change my sig!!)

Thanks littlemisspeppa. I haven't seen the shoulder bays IRL yet, so I need to see it before I discount it. Saying that, I also haven't seen the taupe IRL either. I really wanted a midnight blue Alexa, but they didn't get them in Aus (and I do have a nightshade blue SS Alexa and a nightshade heritage SBS). I must admit my taupe love may come from my desire for a taupe Hermes Lindy (way out of my reach).

Has anyone seen the taupe IRL? Photos?

Do you like primrose I suspect they will be well reduced in the sale. I have the old stone colour goatskin in roxy maggie and bays and love the colour..It's a great neutral not quite brown or grey but Shades of both.

Hi elvisfan4life! I hadn't considered the primrose. A bit like the shoulder bays, it seems a bit too handbaggy (??) for me. Because we only have a single store in Sydney, I'm also limited by what they actually have!! (I'm constantly jealous of all of you girls and your outlet finds). But I will check it out...

Hi elvisfan4life! I hadn't considered the primrose. A bit like the shoulder bays, it seems a bit too handbaggy (??) for me. Because we only have a single store in Sydney, I'm also limited by what they actually have!! (I'm constantly jealous of all of you girls and your outlet finds). But I will check it out...

I went to the Sydney store in 2011 when we went on hols it's quite small but the ladies were lovely..I had my oak lily and they had t had one in yet!!!

They are lovely instore - I got regular calls from them even on my hiatus!!
They don't get the full range in though - and only get one or two in when they do come in. It means that you pretty much have to grab something when you see it rather than wait for the sales and risk missing out completely.
The Aussie dollar has also dived, and with import taxes it is so expensive to buy from overseas. :crybaby:
It is a serious financial commitment to be a mulberry addict over here!!

(And did you enjoy Sydney?? She's certainly a city that likes to show off!)

They are lovely instore - I got regular calls from them even on my hiatus!!
They don't get the full range in though - and only get one or two in when they do come in. It means that you pretty much have to grab something when you see it rather than wait for the sales and risk missing out completely.
The Aussie dollar has also dived, and with import taxes it is so expensive to buy from overseas. :crybaby:
It is a serious financial commitment to be a mulberry addict over here!!

(And did you enjoy Sydney?? She's certainly a city that likes to show off!)

I adored Sydney....loved Brisbane too but Sydney is just so special....circular quay is so unique....I'd love to travel to work that way would make working more bearable!!

I was the opposite my hols were so expensive as the pound was so weak..glad to see it going the other way now

I adored Sydney....loved Brisbane too but Sydney is just so special....circular quay is so unique....I'd love to travel to work that way would make working more bearable!!

I was the opposite my hols were so expensive as the pound was so weak..glad to see it going the other way now

I grew up in Brissie and have lived in Sydney for most of my adult life. Brissie is great, but Sydney is amazing!

That must mean that you are due for another visit down under?!?

Hi i was interested in taupe also. I did a search on the US website. I just put in taupe. Everything that Mulberry has on the website in taupe showed up. I was hoping for an Alexia or DelRay. No such luck. Who know what next year will bring.

I love taupe too... not that many options so far though. The double zip Bays is nice, but may be too bulky if you're an Alexa fan... small Willow maybe??

Off brand, I saw a lovely Anya Hindmarch bag (Ebury) the other day in "mid grey" goatskin which is pretty much exactly the same colour as Mulberry's taupe goatskin, but less shiny - it was light, looked hard wearing, sadly Mulberry-level prices... :sad:

Can the Sydney M store order in for you if there's something you're desperate to see?

I liked the Taupe as well but I did see the Daria last week in store & it looked different from the colour on line. I thought it looked a bit flat & underwhelming irl like a dark putty colour. But it may be one of those colours that look different in different lights. Not sure what to think as I thought that I would like it immediately.Think I will wait until the sale to see how much they are reduced by before I decide. :thinking:

I love taupe too... not that many options so far though. The double zip Bays is nice, but may be too bulky if you're an Alexa fan... small Willow maybe??

Off brand, I saw a lovely Anya Hindmarch bag (Ebury) the other day in "mid grey" goatskin which is pretty much exactly the same colour as Mulberry's taupe goatskin, but less shiny - it was light, looked hard wearing, sadly Mulberry-level prices... :sad:

Can the Sydney M store order in for you if there's something you're desperate to see?

I think you are right s_kat. I am really drawn to the small willow - and I do love the look of the ostrich and calf mix.
The Sydney store is unable to order - I believe they place their order for the start of the season and that is it. Oh, how I envy all of you pommie lasses!