I Need Some Info Please...On Hermes Scarves.

I will keep one of them but I have lots of other things she left me to keep to remember her by, I was hoping that I could sell the rest and give the money to the family to ehlp cover the funeral costs, her family is not very wealthy and I am sure they can use the money. I just thought keeping these in the back of the closet would be a shame.

I am just here to gather more information and maybe get an idea of what these might be worth. Talk about timing my son just came over to drop off some halloween stuff, he said he can help me take some pictures. I can share them with you soon.

My son said he will take the pictures later and help me start an ebay account. I will just put them on ebay I guess, Thank you ladies for your help and suggestions I just found 2 more of them in another box she left for me so I think I will frame 2 of them and hang them in ym bedroom. The money I get froms elling the others will go to her family, I just can't let these hang out in the closet, someone will enjoy them as much as she did. Tahnks again for the help, I really appreciate it!

Hi Tina,

I am sorry for your loss.

In terms of value, with very few exceptions that always score high prices, the market is very volatile. You can see sellers sell scarves for quite high amounts and then the next day the same scarf doesn't get any bids... It's kinda hard to predict. Also the condition of the scarves is important. Are they storefresh, do they have spots or runs, are the labels attached, etc, etc, etc. The Napoleon scarf for instance, is a Jacquard scarf (with a pattern woven into the silk), that is not produced any more - however it doesn't guarantee that it will sell.

My advise to you would be to join one of the Yahoo groups (or both). The members there are extremely knowledgeable and they have great experience in selling scarves. Also you are allowed to sell scarves within those groups. What you have to understand though is that a lot of those dealings are based on trust and some kind of reputation. People who post on these boards are real Hermes afficionados and they want to deal with people who display a genuine interest and are genuinely interested in H scarves. This is also the reason why some sellers on ebay score high prices on a regular basis.

My advise to you would be to watch ebay auctions for scarves and get a feel. If you want to post pics here I think that would also be OK, I could identify most of the scarves from your descriptions already.

You can also have a look at these resellers' sites: luxury scarf apparel womens clothing at luxuryscarves.com, designersilkscarves.com, House of Scarves

Should these addresses not work, let me know, as I typed them from memory.

I agree with Ms. 2703-if you are not a Hermes scarf fanatic, and if you really want to sell most and frame a few, you have to educate yourself on what you've got, and then decide to sell them yourself, consign them, etc. About the only scarf price you can be sure of is BNIB from an Hermes store or boutique-if you spend a little time finding out what you have, and if they are in pristine shape, and people want them, they'll sell, but for what is something you won't really know till they do-on ebay, once you know the names of your scarves, you can look them up that way-Good luck!

Thanks for the advice...I researched them online a little bit and found out they are indeed older ones...I couldn't find any value information but my son suggested that we just put them on ebay for $99 each? Im not sure if this was good or bad? But I guess I will just have to wait and find out, like I said before I am not looking to make any money, all of the money wil go to the family anyway I just didn't want to sell them so cheap that I was giving them away. I found 5 more since I last posted in another box she left me, I decided to keep 2 of them to frame, and I am going to frame 2 more and give them back in nice frames to the family along with any money from the other ones if they sell...These really are nice, but like I said I just don't wear scarves...Otherwise I would keep them all.

Hi Tina, 99$ each is a good way to start. And don't be discouraged if they don't sell right away, you're a new seller and people need to 'trust' you.
Be sure to watermark your pics and be very, very VERY precise in your descriptions. Hold them against the light to find any pulls or stains. Be honest about any smells (incl perfume). Present details of the scarf, such as the title, the artist's signature and copyright signs (if there are). Good luck!

Thank you for the good tips! If they don't sell or even if a couple don't sell I might just give them back to the family, or maybe post them cheaper? Not sure yet. I have to wait and see what happens with them 1st. I put them on ebay and my son was very helpfull and he took good pictures of the markings and tags and so on. He set me up with my own ebay account same name I have here it's what I use everywhere online. If you didn't already know my name is Tina and I am a banker. hahaha. Anyway thanks for the tips, if someone has a question about one of them maybe I can ask it here if I don't know the answer.

Oh I wanted to ask if I am allowed to post a link to the ebay auctions I listed? I now know I am not allowed to sell on this forum directly but am I allowed to show where they are for sale? Or is this not allowed? I do not want to do anythign that is prohibited you have all been so helpful and patient with me, and I thank you for that!

If I am not allowed thats ok, just asking.

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum, my name is Tina. I had a close friend of mine pass away recently and she left me with a few Hermes scarves (7 of them) They are really nice but I do not wear them myself and I am affraid these will just sit in my closet.

I was thinking about selling them on ebay but I have no history and I was told by another friend that if I put them on there for sale with no feedback that people would think they are fake? From what I heard there are alot of fake ones that look like these scarves? My son has told me that they are real because they have tags on them and that the ends are rolled over and hand stitched? Also he told me that the real ones have a line above the second E? Is this information correct? All of the ones I have all have these marks. Does that mean they are real?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge with these, but I am not very up to date on fashion...Anyway I was wondering if your ladies could tell me of a place where I can sell these nice scarves? I am not sure if I can sell them here or not? If not anyone know where?

I can post pictures of them if anyone is interested in what they look like, Unfortunatly I do nopt know what these are worth either...I tried looking them up online but these are some older designs and I had no luck finding their values.

I can have my son help me add some pictures here (I am not good with cameras myself) if you would like to see them, I mean if that helps with giving me some information.

Thanks you ladies, I hope to hear from you soon!

Oh, I almost forgot, my son has an email that he checks often it is

[email protected]

He told me that he will let me know if anyone writes to me there. Thank you.

Hi Tina. why do you ask where you can sell the scarves, if you joined ebay before you started this thread?