I need some enabling.. and advising!!

margaritaxmix

Apr 5, 2007
So I know it's a little early, but I love planning ahead. My 17th birthday is in June, and I've decided that I want to get the small leather Sabrina. My mom loves the bag, and I think it's absolutely gorgeous.

My only concern is... will I really use it that much? I want to use it mainly for going out to dinners and dates with my BF, and maybe once in a while.. to go shopping. My mom really wants to get the white one for me, but I'm scared to death of how quickly it could get dirty.

So I guess my questions are:

1) Is Sabrina going to stick around in the full-priced boutiques until June, or will they be going on sale in the department stores soon, etc?

2) What color??? I definitely don't want brown or black... I was thinking either the neutral/tan, the white, or the light pink. I'd get metallic, but that's not really in my budget at this point, unless it goes on sale. Would the metallics go on sale sooner?

3) Ladies with white bags... is it hard to maintain?

Thanks in advance for all your help with my indecisiveness! :heart:

Like you, I am afraid of white bags. Given you don't want black or brown, I'd get the light pink or tan. I love pink but yet do not have a solid pink bag- go figure! I love the Sabrina from the posts I have seen on here and hope you get it. As for staying full-price, that's a hard thing to know. So much goes to the outlets pretty quickly now...

hi
I already saw some sabrina on sale table at Macys' and Dillars, a few weeks ago , Dillards have large patent sabrina in green at sales table for less than $300 (40%off additional to 1st marked down). I have a magenta sabrina, it's very lovely.

The pink is very cute. It's still light color though, so might show wear almost as much as the white. I think all three colors you are considering are very nice, but the light pink gets my vote! Otherwise for color, I personally like the cherry!

I think you should get the light pink, it's my favorite one and such a pretty shade! I'm holding out for them to go on sale at department stores soon myself!

So I know it's a little early, but I love planning ahead. My 17th birthday is in June, and I've decided that I want to get the small leather Sabrina. My mom loves the bag, and I think it's absolutely gorgeous.

My only concern is... will I really use it that much? I want to use it mainly for going out to dinners and dates with my BF, and maybe once in a while.. to go shopping. My mom really wants to get the white one for me, but I'm scared to death of how quickly it could get dirty.

So I guess my questions are:

1) Is Sabrina going to stick around in the full-priced boutiques until June, or will they be going on sale in the department stores soon, etc?

Hmm.. not sure how long they'll be around in the FP boutiques. I am new to Coach myself. As much as I love some of the Coach styles though, I don't think I'll ever pay full price since I'm close to the outlet, plus my local Dillards/Macy's carry them also and have sales often. Two weeks ago Dillards had a lot of Coach at 50% plus 30% off. Macy's had a 50% off sale then too. Haven't been back since, so not sure what sales are going on right now. I'll keep you in mind if I ever see the small leather sabrinas go on sale.

2) What color??? I definitely don't want brown or black... I was thinking either the neutral/tan, the white, or the light pink. I'd get metallic, but that's not really in my budget at this point, unless it goes on sale. Would the metallics go on sale sooner?

I would recommend a color that's fun (like the light pink) or one that compliments your style and wardrobe color palates your wear most often.

3) Ladies with white bags... is it hard to maintain?

I'm not a big fan of white bags. For me it's not worth the worry of having to make sure it doesn't get dirty/stained. Just last month, I purchased a white leather patent thinking I can get past the worrying, and as much as I loved the style, I decided to return the bag.

Thanks in advance for all your help with my indecisiveness! :heart:

Good luck.

The pink is very cute. It's still light color though, so might show wear almost as much as the white. I think all three colors you are considering are very nice, but the light pink gets my vote! Otherwise for color, I personally like the cherry!
I agree, pink is still so light that it would show wear, but it's definitely calling to me!

The cherry is absolutely gorgeous but I'm not too sure that color works with my wardrobe.

First, I don't think I knew anything about purses at age 16, and you already have a collection that rivals the middle aged women here! :tup:

Some department stores have had Sabrinas, but it's been hit or miss -- definitely a miss in my Dillard's. The rumor is that Coach is holding back the Sabrinas from the outlets until the end of the year, but I always wonder whether rumors are there to fuel purchases now.

That being said, my vote is for the light pink Sabrina. I am not a pink person at all, but this bag is so fresh and beautiful that I'm completely enamoured with it. I recently saw a woman carrying it in court, and it was just breathtaking -- feminine but not girly, and it could go from a casual day of shopping to a night out to a courtroom (although the latter surprised the heck out of me -- I never would have expected it).

I also think you'll get more use out of the pink than the white -- not that the Labor Day Rule holds much water any more, but I like the pink as an autumn bag more than the white one.

Get the one that "sings" to you. If it's the one you love you'll be ok with taking the extra precautions. I've had ladies look at me like I'm crazy when I've wiped down a restroom counter then put additional papertowel down then put my H bag down. I dont care, I love my bag and will do whatever it takes.
Good Luck
:smile:

I say cherry or tan. The patent camel they've come out with is soooo gorgeous, but I don't know what sizes it comes in. In June, I'm willing to bet they'll be on sale some damn where. HAPPY SUPER EARLY BIRTHDAY!

First, I don't think I knew anything about purses at age 16, and you already have a collection that rivals the middle aged women here! :tup:

Some department stores have had Sabrinas, but it's been hit or miss -- definitely a miss in my Dillard's. The rumor is that Coach is holding back the Sabrinas from the outlets until the end of the year, but I always wonder whether rumors are there to fuel purchases now.

That being said, my vote is for the light pink Sabrina. I am not a pink person at all, but this bag is so fresh and beautiful that I'm completely enamoured with it. I recently saw a woman carrying it in court, and it was just breathtaking -- feminine but not girly, and it could go from a casual day of shopping to a night out to a courtroom (although the latter surprised the heck out of me -- I never would have expected it).

I also think you'll get more use out of the pink than the white -- not that the Labor Day Rule holds much water any more, but I like the pink as an autumn bag more than the white one.

Such a helpful post, and thank you for the compliment!

I never really thought about how seasonal white is... it actually does seem more of a summer bag to me rather than all-year.

I definitely am growing more fond of the pink and even considering the cherry a bit! Keep the opinions coming!

I guess I will just have to keep my eyes open at department stores!

I like the pink, but I saw cherry in person, and WOW! I'd definitely go check them out. Cherry wasn't a color I would have considered for me, until I saw it in real life. It gets my vote. :girlsigh:

Pink is light toned like white so personally I'd still be just as paranoid about it getting dirty or settling it down on surfaces. But then again theres always protection sprays and the regular cleaning, so it would help if you're good with caring for your bags.
If you're not going for the safe neutrals like black or brown, I'd suggest cherry too! It's not full on red.. but enough so that it sorta acts like a neutral itself.
It's so bright and fun! Not so much a seasonal colour like white would be. I definately think the cherry would be a great splash of colour for any outfit. Have you seen this in real life? it's so gorgeous.
If you don't have much colourful bags, then it would definately be a nice addition!