I need some advice.....

luralee

Changes mind always!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
I have an item listed on ebay -- BIN or Best Offer. I had my Best Offer set to automatically reject if below a certain $.
This morning I got an email from a buyer that put in 3 offers below my limit. But she wants to purchase the bag. I tried to modify my BIN, but I got the nasty/dreaded limit notification. (I don't sell much, but revised a couple of listings before I realized they count that as new.)
I read a thread on here that advised having the buyer pay the BIN and then give them a discount on the invoice. I emailed her and suggested that.
She replied and wants to know if I can end the listing and give her my email address for Paypal and she will purchase it outside of ebay. She said I will save all the fees then.
I don't want to screw up and get banned and I know you are not supposed to do that.
Can someone please advise me what to do?! Obviously I want to sell my item.

Thanks!

As great as it sounds not to pay ebay fees, I remember there as a similar question someone else posted and one response was asking what the buyer gains to do the transaction outside of ebay. Saving the fees benefits you; ebay protects you (somewhat, kinda) as a seller. I guess it depend on how comfortable you feel with the buyer, but you really leave yourself a bit open for problems if something does go wrong.

I have an item listed on ebay -- BIN or Best Offer. I had my Best Offer set to automatically reject if below a certain $.
This morning I got an email from a buyer that put in 3 offers below my limit. But she wants to purchase the bag. I tried to modify my BIN, but I got the nasty/dreaded limit notification. (I don't sell much, but revised a couple of listings before I realized they count that as new.)
I read a thread on here that advised having the buyer pay the BIN and then give them a discount on the invoice. I emailed her and suggested that.
She replied and wants to know if I can end the listing and give her my email address for Paypal and she will purchase it outside of ebay. She said I will save all the fees then.
I don't want to screw up and get banned and I know you are not supposed to do that.
Can someone please advise me what to do?! Obviously I want to sell my item.

Thanks!

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/bining-through-auction-and-invoicing-for-less-361249.html
try this thread it might help you, good luck alfie x

alfiebach -- I had seen that thread and offered that option to the buyer, but she then suggested the off ebay idea.
i would not feel comfotable going off ebay, unless your not bothered about being suspended. i'm sure if they found out, it would cause trouble. its chance you take i feel. good luck alfie x

Thanks -- I did reply and decide not to go off ebay. The buyer replied back and wants to do the BIN for $150 and then I give her a partial refund later of $20??? What not just do the discount on the invoice? I have emailed her again. I just don't quite understand what's she's wanting. I am almost ready to just blow her off.

If you post the bag on www.bonanzle.com (join and then import your Ebay listings) it is free to list and then you could put the price you are asking and she can join (free too) and make the offer for the amount she wants to pay. Then pay via Paypal. You save fees and don't have to mess with any of this... All transactions at this time are in the form of offers on bonanzle - you have to approve before the transaction completes. Then just end the listing in Ebay. You still save fees.

Just a suggestion. :shrugs:

Thanks -- I did reply and decide not to go off ebay. The buyer replied back and wants to do the BIN for $150 and then I give her a partial refund later of $20??? What not just do the discount on the invoice? I have emailed her again. I just don't quite understand what's she's wanting. I am almost ready to just blow her off.
so she is willing to pay the BIN, and then wants you to refund later. thats an idea, but risky on her part, not saying you would not refund, but you cant loose. does she inderstand what you mean. dont blow her of yet, another poster made suggestion about bonzale, might be another way. but what about ebay fees,make sure its a refund, then you will get a credit if that makes sense alfie x

hmm i thought you could offer a discount on the invoice as long as it's not an immediate payment required bin??

i guess she can just pay it and you can refund it to her paypal (the difference)

also, i don't think "off ebay" transactions and get you suspended ... i think they are just "frowned upon" and not encouraged.

As great as it sounds not to pay ebay fees, I remember there as a similar question someone else posted and one response was asking what the buyer gains to do the transaction outside of ebay. Saving the fees benefits you; ebay protects you (somewhat, kinda) as a seller. I guess it depend on how comfortable you feel with the buyer, but you really leave yourself a bit open for problems if something does go wrong.

take out eBay (they can't protect you since it isn't on eBay) but Paypal does protect you in the buyer complaint policy.

Search tPF for Paypal Buyer Complaint to get more details [I have a few postings about the differences between eBay vs off eBay]