I need serious help! Hermes vs. Louis Vuitton

Which one for a 19 year old?

• Hermes Picotin in Blue Jean

• Louis Vuitton Bon Bon in Teal

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh kimmy, that's a TOUGH choice !!
However, this is how I see it.....the bon bon i LVoe in teal, it is soooooo limited (my SA told me only 80 TOTAL were produced) that if I could get my hands on one that would be IT !! (I prefer teal to the pink one), the H bag is a classic, it will be around FOREVER, so it would be something to look forward to later on....!!!!! Good luck deciding !!!

When I look at this thread, I was gonna to say Hermes. I'm same age as you, imo, I'll go for Louis Vuitton first :smile: But ahh~ it's also quite hard to decide as I like Hermes abit more than LV. AHH!! I'm sharing the same dilemma with you now.

Anyway, ignore what Kpassa said. When my parents learnt that I was purchasing my first Chanel bag that time, they didn't reject but they encouraged me to buy. Initially, they even wanted to pay for me but I turned them down.

The Hermès Picotin is a true classic. Beautifully made and elegant. I also like the Bon Bon, my older sister has it in pink (she's your age too) and it's a really fun, cute bag. But i don't see her wearing it in 5/10 years. Probably 2 year TOPS. And it's kind of hard to wear, though blue jean goes with practically everything.
Obviously my vote goes for Picotin, i love how it can be both casual and formal (whilst the Bon Bon is strictly casual IMO). And you'll wear it for years to come!

i'd choose the picotin. if you find it too small, you can always get the GM size. and you can dress it up with scarves or charms to make it more fun. the picotin will last you longer...

I am generally not big on logos but I like the LV better for some reason between those two bags. I don't really "get" most Hermes bags (I like a few but that one doesn't wow me) so I may not be the best person to ask. I will say that neither LV or Hermes are my all time favorite designers so maybe my opinion is objective? I know that the LV is limited so in the event that you did get bored with it and wanted to sell, I'm sure there would be a pretty good market for it(?)

Picotin all the way!:tup:

It's a great investment as it will always hold it's value, it will get the utmost respect because it's Hermes and it's fabulous!
As a few people have said, the Picotin will remain in style wheras the Bon Bon may pass out pretty quickly.

I hope that you're getting closer to your decision!

Amber x

If I was turning 20 I'd go for LV Bon Bon and enjoy its fun color spring pattern.
But I also like another member's suggestion about dressing up the Hermes Picotin with a scarf or other embellishments.
There's really no bad choice here.
If I could have both I'd first get the one that's harder to buy and then the other one :smile: Yeah, I wish LOL

I had no idea you could wear it cross-body. That rocks!!

I vote for the bon bon especially if your avatar is actually you, I can see you rocking the crap out of the LV.

I think that the Hermes looks a bit boring, sorry I don't mean to offend anyone.

I am 20 and I did find the bon bon a bit tween-like for my taste but I was at the store yesterday and I saw it in real life. It is so fun. You can wear it cross body, as a shoulder bag, or you can hold it folded over like a clutch. On top of that, it is a limited edition and if you ever do sell it, which I hope you won't, you can probably get a good amount of money to go towards your Hermes.

One more thing, I know that this wasn't part of your consideration but I might look into a LV epi noe or petite noe in toledo blue. The shape and size is very similar to the Hermes but its way more fun in my opinion.

I would consider how you use your bags. If you know you will want to get rid of the bag in a couple years get either bag as they will both be worth close to what you paid for them. If you keep stuff forever and ever then get the picotin as it will last forever, never be dated and can be carried by any age.

I love the picotin and hope that is what you chose!

I'm also 19, almost 20, and I say go for the Bonbon, you have plenty of time to wear classic Hermes bags, but only so long that you can wear a bag like the Bonbon without being "eccentric."

Also, if you want to buy a bag, you should do it. If you can afford it at this age, more power to you!:tup: