I need Rolex help fast!!!

purseinsanity

I can't stoaaaaahp!!
O.G.
Apr 10, 2007
So my DH is going to get me a Rolex for Christmas! :yahoo: Originally, I wanted a Rose Gold one but the more I think about it, my love for rose gold comes and goes, and at this price point, I want something that I'll love forever, KWIM??

So I know what model I want, but I can't for the life of me decide on yellow vs. white gold!

I've found myself drawn to white gold Rolexes every time I see them in magazines, ads, etc. Gold is timeless and I have a couple white watches already. Nothing really in yellow gold which DH seems to think would make the most sense, but I'm not sure I love yg watches. My jewelry is pretty much evenly divided between yellow gold and platinum. All my high priced rings are all in platinum.

What would you do??? I have gone back and forth so much that I think DH is losing his patience and is just going to pick one himself! I was supposed to tell him by lunchtime today so he could order it for me. Obviously, that didn't happen! :P Help!!

Oh, maybe I should mention I plan on getting a SS Cartier Tank Francaise and a YG Cartier Roadster sometime in the next year or so. I love the look of a YG Roadster!

Which Rolex model do you want? I prefer yellow gold watches for a timeless look. Yellow gold has been treasured for thousands of years, unlike white gold or platinum, so it seems more timeless to me.

I'm leaning towards the oyster perpetual datejust pearlmaster w/diamonds. I love the clean lines of it.

I love the look of a yellow gold w/a more simple dial and presidential strap. But DH isn't going to buy both right now. :P

My mom has the white gold Rolex Pearlmaster with diamond dial and bezel and it is beyond beautiful. I have seen the Pearlmaster in YG and I am personally not a fan.

I do love the Presidential in YG, which seems to be the IN thing right now, but it is also such a classic, timeless look!

You're so lucky to be getting the Roadster in YG! I have it in SS and I would LOVE to own one in YG someday!

My vote is WG for the Rolex! Congrats on all your upcoming watches!!! :happydance:

^OMG...sounds amazing!!!

I agree, lol, you need one for every occasion! That's why I was originally thinking:
Rose Gold Rolex
SS Cartier Tank
and YG Cartier Roadster!!

Too bad the rose gold didn't make my heart sing. :cry: Ruined my master plan!!!

I would go for what you love to wear....especially in a Rolex. White gold.

I've never been a fan of Rose gold due to the high copper content and personally for a watch that is a substantial piece of jewelry, no thanks.

I would go for yg rolex, that's the next on my list but won't be for a while yet as my DH thinks I've got too many watches & I told him you can never have too many watches, I too have the Ss roadster large size & it really is lovely in yg, I think you need to try it on & you will know if that's the one or not. Good luck with your decision.

I prefer YG, but it sounds like you prefer the WG more! It doesn't matter if you have a variety in your watch collection - get whatever makes your heart skip a beat! :smile: