I need Rolex help fast!!!

purseinsanity

I can't stoaaaaahp!!
O.G.
Apr 10, 2007
In "H"andbag "H"eaven
So my DH is going to get me a Rolex for Christmas! :yahoo: Originally, I wanted a Rose Gold one but the more I think about it, my love for rose gold comes and goes, and at this price point, I want something that I'll love forever, KWIM??

So I know what model I want, but I can't for the life of me decide on yellow vs. white gold!

I've found myself drawn to white gold Rolexes every time I see them in magazines, ads, etc. Gold is timeless and I have a couple white watches already. Nothing really in yellow gold which DH seems to think would make the most sense, but I'm not sure I love yg watches. My jewelry is pretty much evenly divided between yellow gold and platinum. All my high priced rings are all in platinum.

What would you do??? I have gone back and forth so much that I think DH is losing his patience and is just going to pick one himself! I was supposed to tell him by lunchtime today so he could order it for me. Obviously, that didn't happen! :P Help!!

purseinsanity

I can't stoaaaaahp!!
O.G.
Apr 10, 2007
In "H"andbag "H"eaven
Oh, maybe I should mention I plan on getting a SS Cartier Tank Francaise and a YG Cartier Roadster sometime in the next year or so. I love the look of a YG Roadster!

MBeech

memento mori
O.G.
Oct 19, 2008
Which Rolex model do you want? I prefer yellow gold watches for a timeless look. Yellow gold has been treasured for thousands of years, unlike white gold or platinum, so it seems more timeless to me.

purseinsanity

I can't stoaaaaahp!!
O.G.
Apr 10, 2007
In "H"andbag "H"eaven
I'm leaning towards the oyster perpetual datejust pearlmaster w/diamonds. I love the clean lines of it.

I love the look of a yellow gold w/a more simple dial and presidential strap. But DH isn't going to buy both right now. :P

Bentley1

O.G.
Nov 9, 2009
My mom has the white gold Rolex Pearlmaster with diamond dial and bezel and it is beyond beautiful. I have seen the Pearlmaster in YG and I am personally not a fan.

I do love the Presidential in YG, which seems to be the IN thing right now, but it is also such a classic, timeless look!

You're so lucky to be getting the Roadster in YG! I have it in SS and I would LOVE to own one in YG someday!

My vote is WG for the Rolex! Congrats on all your upcoming watches!!! :happydance:

purseinsanity

I can't stoaaaaahp!!
O.G.
Apr 10, 2007
In "H"andbag "H"eaven
^OMG...sounds amazing!!!

I agree, lol, you need one for every occasion! That's why I was originally thinking:
Rose Gold Rolex
SS Cartier Tank
and YG Cartier Roadster!!

Too bad the rose gold didn't make my heart sing. :cry: Ruined my master plan!!!

Bentley1

O.G.
Nov 9, 2009
^Oooh, she has it already! Does she love it?
Oh, she adores it! It was a 40th anniversary gift from my dad. She wears it often and it is so versatile. It has the white mother of pearl face.

I love how unique it is in the world of Rolex, I rarely see women with this particular style. :shrugs:

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
I would go for what you love to wear....especially in a Rolex. White gold.

I've never been a fan of Rose gold due to the high copper content and personally for a watch that is a substantial piece of jewelry, no thanks.

Nov 9, 2010
In Handbag Heaven
I would go for yg rolex, that's the next on my list but won't be for a while yet as my DH thinks I've got too many watches & I told him you can never have too many watches, I too have the Ss roadster large size & it really is lovely in yg, I think you need to try it on & you will know if that's the one or not. Good luck with your decision.

Lanier

Eeek - it's a mouse!
O.G.
Jul 25, 2006
At the beach ☀
I prefer YG, but it sounds like you prefer the WG more! It doesn't matter if you have a variety in your watch collection - get whatever makes your heart skip a beat! :smile: