I need opinions! First Hermes purchase, should I do it or wait??

Hermes makes such fabulous bags that I would research more. You may need to save a bit more to get something that makes your heart SING... but it will be worth it to do so. I wouldn't just jump on something you're not sure about. Trust me, there will be something that makes you swoon (and not have to ask anyone else what they think) in no time and you don't want to have regrets. If you are sure about this bag, then bid away... but if you are hesitant..

I go with my gut instinct. For the past 2 years, I was dying for a bag in Rose Tyrien... never thought I would ever find anything other than Constance, B or K to make me buy... then I saw an Evelyne. I jumped on it. Went with my gut bc I regretted not jumping on it first time I saw it. Never looked back! Best bag in the world and PINK. So go with your gut instinct and don't settle for less. It can seem like you're waiting a long time...but it's worth it in the end dear. GL!

I guess I am aching for a Hermes, just any cute Hermes, but the ultimate would be a pink one. I just can't be too picky as a first timer.

Actually, you can (and IMO you should ) be picky with your first Hermes bag. You received some great advise.

My two cents - if you really love and want a pink bag....wait for it. If you are willing to spend 2K on this very used omnibus, for a bit more you can buy any number of Hermes bags. Check out the evelyne's or garden party's. Both are great bags and come in a variety of pink shades ;)

just to add my 2 cents dont settle for anything less than the best when it comes to Hermes. I am in the same boat and aching for my first Hermes bag and I dont want just any bag because its Hermes. So now I wait for that right one. It may take weeks, days or months, but I dont mind waiting. And I agree with everyone, this bag is pretty old and just because its Hermes doesnt mean you have to settle. I say delete the link to it dont look at it again and start researching other great Hermes bags. Good Luck

I've noticed your posts in the authentication thread. You may find the answer as to why your post was not answered in the first post. Also... as a policy, authenticators do not comment, specifically, on what makes an item authentic or counterfeit.

As to whether or not you should buy this bag or pass... this would be a pass for me. The photos are not detailed, large, or crisp enough for my peace of mind... especially for a purchase up to $2,000. And, they do not offer returns. But... we all possess different tolerance levels for these things.

If $2,000 is your budget... you may find a bag that you love in this price range. (See *EDIT* below.)

These threads will help you find places to "go hunting":

Reference: Master List of Brick and Mortar/.Com Resellers
Reputable Hermes Sellers on eBay

Then, when you find something you love... you can research the seller in more detail, by searching here:

Discuss: Hermes resale/Ebay sellers
General Shopping

Or, if you've looked through the Hermes reference library, and decided on a "shopping list", you can post it here:

PLEASE Help me Find

In the meantime, here's some eye candy:

Purple/Pink Color Family...Pics Only!

GL!

*EDIT*

There was a rose jaipur (peach pink) Picotin PM on Yoogi's Closet that recently sold for around $2,000 (here)
And... here's a crevette (peach pink) Evelyne TPM on Fashionphile for $1,995 (here)

:smile:

Thank you so much, it is at $550 right now, but there are several days to go, I thought maybe of going up to $2000 on it. Those two other styles mentioned in pink are awesome too. Maybe if this one goes too high, I will start looking for one of the others mentioned! Those were some great ideas!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice!! It has all been wonderful, but my searching days have now been extended. My other half has now cut my budget down and I am now looking for a Hermes keychain! lol! He said I can't right now and it makes me want to cry. Such beautiful pink bags out there, I am NOT picky on the shade as long as it is not coral, melon or lilac. Must be any true shade of pink, but now it looks as though it will be several more months if I am lucky. Lots of time to decide now.

I've noticed your posts in the authentication thread. You may find the answer as to why your post was not answered in the first post. Also... as a policy, authenticators do not comment, specifically, on what makes an item authentic or counterfeit.
:smile:

Thank you so much for noticing. I understand that they are not obligated, as I have seen some posts that are no where near what the format is asking for. Plus I totally understand not helping with post-purchase inquiries, that makes total sense. But for people who use the format correctly, they should at least acknowledge them. By not, they look very unfriendly, and unwelcoming to newcomers. They REALLY really did blow the wind right out of my sails, and made me feel that I shouldn't be here. Other brand forums I have chatted in previously, have all been so helpful. I also totally understand why they wouldn't comment specifically, but at least tell me that they can't give an opinion.

On the other hand, everyone here who helped me get some ideas and lead me in the direction of a purse I would really adore have been so wonderful! I so appreciate everyone's responses, you have all helped to make it a little more fun again. At this moment, I would be on cloud nine with just a keychain or dust bag! lol! My budget has been reduced last night and Hermes is not in the options for now.

Thank you so much for noticing. I understand that they are not obligated, as I have seen some posts that are no where near what the format is asking for. Plus I totally understand not helping with post-purchase inquiries, that makes total sense. But for people who use the format correctly, they should at least acknowledge them. By not, they look very unfriendly, and unwelcoming to newcomers. They REALLY really did blow the wind right out of my sails, and made me feel that I shouldn't be here. Other brand forums I have chatted in previously, have all been so helpful. I also totally understand why they wouldn't comment specifically, but at least tell me that they can't give an opinion.

On the other hand, everyone here who helped me get some ideas and lead me in the direction of a purse I would really adore have been so wonderful! I so appreciate everyone's responses, you have all helped to make it a little more fun again. At this moment, I would be on cloud nine with just a keychain or dust bag! lol! My budget has been reduced last night and Hermes is not in the options for now.
Don't be discouraged. H is not going anywhere and where there is a will, there is a way. Part of the fun of H is to dream about things you want and aspire to purchase one day. We all do it.

As for authentication, just remember that the authenticators are volunteers. If they don't answer your post, don't take it personally. Just find another way to get your item authenticated or move on.

Good luck. You too will own your dream pink item one day!