I need hug and sorry, this is gonna be long

Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome: Welcome to tPF!

Rock your purses! :rochard: Who cares what others think!

I used to think expensive purses were dumb until I came here & fell in love with LV on the subforum...and now I've got few of my own pieces & could hardly care what anyone else says about them, or me. :rolleyes:

You mention you're an RN...with a supportive DH & family....so that's all you really need, right? You've got your education, a condo, etc....u know how hard you work, so as long as you meet your financial obligations, what you do with your $$ is btwn you & your in-laws. You hardly need to care about SIL's opinion...you certainly don't need her validation. You are your own person & nothing anyone says or writes can change that.

And I agree with the other responses on this thread... public forums are not the best places to air such things. All sorts of people read these kinds of posts & come to their own conclusions w/o knowing the whole story. Kinda like how sad you felt she "summed up your life in 2 paragraphs" but then you post about her here.

It feels good to vent though, doesn't it?

Especially in a place like this where we've got our semi-anonimity and people with similar interests will understand & support our view.

You never do know who might be reading these threads... :ninja:

I have been in this situtation before with my ex fiance's siter. she was nasty to me from day one. And she was a small facotr in the demise of that relationship. Hugs I know how hard this is. The problem was with my issue everyone in her life was an enabler and allowed her to behave that way including her brother, my man at the time. But not me - i am strong and opinionated on the best of days so she and I were like oil and water. seriously i had to restrain myself from punching ehr at times she was that nasty albiet very passive aggressively like your sister in law. I mean you are married to her brother she should confront you like a human being and work things out now cower and wrtite mean things on a blog. i would confront her but also depends on your husband and how he would feel about it? Would he support you especially if it is done tactfully and non-confrontational or would he be against that?

I would just mention it to your DH and see what he recommends. Sometimes, even if you make every effort to figure out what's wrong, it doesn't matter. On my DH's side of the family he has a relative that hates us both,and for very silly reasons. Part of the issue is r/t jealously I am quite sure that we can afford nicer things at a younger age. And jealousy could be in your case too. I understand because I'm an RN too and a lot of people I know are thrifty and they scoff at my bag purchases.

You don't have to validate anything, but a semi-decent relationship with the relative would be nice,but that I think is not really up to you.

Thank you for all the advice...

I've been meaning to say something to my SIL but I just don't know how she'll react...and it didn't help that my stomach was giving me problems yesterday...and that she overslept and missed our LV date. I've never been stood up before...I guess it has to happen at least once in your life :P

Anyways, I'm 95% over it. I'm just so confused..
put me down behind my back and to my face, it seems like nothings wrong:shrugs: What gives?

I need chocolate...or something nice from LV.

BTW Junkenpo, I know you know I know! Thanks for the friendly words of wisdom...

Status
Not open for further replies.