I need help

imelda74

Apr 9, 2011
I have some Decoltissimos, (see my avatar) and they fit beautifully. they have a moderate but super skinny heel. I cannot walk on carpet in these to save my life but tile is no problem. Is it because the heels are so skinny?
Dessye--I know we are shoe twins on these, do you have problems walking on carpet in the decolts?

Im so scared I am going to break my shoe or myself. or both.

These seem like they will be special occasion shoes vs. everyday. i am desperately looking for comfy everyday shoes that i can walk on any surface with.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA

I have some Decoltissimos, (see my avatar) and they fit beautifully. they have a moderate but super skinny heel. I cannot walk on carpet in these to save my life but tile is no problem. Is it because the heels are so skinny?
Dessye--I know we are shoe twins on these, do you have problems walking on carpet in the decolts?

These seem like they will be special occasion shoes vs. everyday. i am desperately looking for comfy everyday shoes that i can walk on any surface with.

Imelda, I have the New Decoltissimo 85 and find them really comfy, maybe you just need abit more practise in them, that's all. Don't give up!!

Then if you really can't make these work for everyday use, go for the Ron Rons, Simple or New Simple.

Goodluck!! ;)

Yeah, some details would help like 5elle said already....

I find on carpet floors, it's easier to slip with the varnished sole. So it's best to have them half-soled to prevent this....

It seems my right foot is just so unstable on carpet, the softer the carpet the worse it is.

I am confident that i need more practice.
I am planning on expanding my colleciton to include VP, Pigalle 120, and MBP in 120 if I can. Also I want to have a pair of Simples, RonRons, and Rolandos.

Is it your heel that's unstable though? Are you travelling to one side and your heel going from under you? I still don't understand. How is the fit of the shoes?

Hi:

I have the same pump(see my avatar)...these are the original Decoltissimo's with a very skinny heel....I also have the New Decoltissimo's which have a much more thicker heel and I agree with you...You have to be very careful with the way you walk with the original Decolt's.....the heel feels very delicate to me as well....but I still wear them quite often, not just for special occasions....Just need to be more careful with them..

Is it your heel that's unstable though? Are you travelling to one side and your heel going from under you? I still don't understand. How is the fit of the shoes?

It may be that im travelling to one side, but it just seems like my right ankle is all wobbly, as in it shakes alot when I walk on it on carpet in these shoes.

Hi:

I have the same pump(see my avatar)...these are the original Decoltissimo's with a very skinny heel....I also have the New Decoltissimo's which have a much more thicker heel and I agree with you...You have to be very careful with the way you walk with the original Decolt's.....the heel feels very delicate to me as well....but I still wear them quite often, not just for special occasions....Just need to be more careful with them..

shoe triplet :yahoo: (you, me, Dessye)

I will definitely be careful with them given that skinny heel.

Hmmmm, does it feel like the heel is bending? Maybe it's the fact that the heel is curved inwards. Perhaps it is a similar issue that I have with my 150 shoes. Check the heel to make sure it is solid with the rest of the shoe. If it is solid, then the bending of the heel is relative, ie. the arch of the shoe is bending making it seem like the heel is bending. If this is the case, it's all just practice....