I need help TPFers. Very first balenciaga purchase

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all! I've been lurking the balenciaga subforums for a while now and I'm finally ready to buy my first balenciaga. I've decided on a Classic city as my 1st (hopefully, not the last) purse to buy, in the RHW in brass.

Now I can't decide which color to get:
    The GRIS CHARTREUX
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458669230.113257.jpg

Or the Beige liegne
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458669252.792086.jpg

My purses are mostly black, brown, purple and I have 3 blue ones in different shades.
    I only have 1 beige prada that I am about to sell because the leather is too high maintenance for me so that I never really use it. I personally like the color though.

I'm torn. If I was rich, I'd buy both lol!

Also, I've been reading about HGbags here and the reviews are mixed. There was a long thread from 2006 which basically gives warning about her intermittently and randomly selling fakes.
    But what I've seen is that after that specific thread and beyond 2006, she's consistently been listed as a reputable seller, not just in TPF but in other blogs and vlogs. I'm really wanting to buy from her because of the cheaper price plus there's a promo currently on going.

Pls help me with my decision my lovely TPFers!
    Thanks in advance!!!

2. They are very different, so a lot of it depends on your wardrobe and which one makes your heart sing.

Personally, I'd go for the Gris Chartreaux, in spite of the fact that the color name is confusing (it's really blue, not gray). The beige liege has some greenish undertones (to my eye anyway), and I think that with regular HW, the HW blends in too much. But if a blue bag doesn't fit your life, Beige Liege is more neutral -- I'd just pick a different HW!

I've bought several bags from HGBags and have never had a bad experience. But be sure before you order because she does charge a restocking fee.

3. Thank you so much for your input catsinthebag!
    Have u requested more pics from her? She only has 2 pics each of her new ones on her website.
    Thanks again!

4. I haven't asked for additional photos. I have written to her asking other questions (for example, if she expects to get a certain style or color) and she's been very responsive. It usually does take a full day to get an answer, however.

5. Are there any other colors you would consider? I really like the Gris but you said you had other blue bags. The Beige really isn't my favorite.

6. I like them both a lot.

Out of these two though, I prefer the Gris Chartreux.

I have purchased many bags from HG Bags over the years and have never had an issue with Authenticity.

Erica is super nice and trustworthy, in my opinion. She will totally send more pics if you request.

I actually just purchased a City from her and can't wait for it to get here.

Please let us know what color you decide. ;)

7. Thanks for your input ladies!
    Come to think of it, maybe that's why I have only 1 beige and more blues is because I like blue

TaraP, were you able to make use of the 20% off? What hardware and color did you get? I'm excited for you too! Pls post pics once you get it ok?

8. Heck yeah I used the coupon! :P:biggrin:

I got the new silver rh on Gris Fossile leather.. I am super excited to see it in person.

I will totally post pics when it arrives.

9. Can I ask you a likely stupid question?
    On the hgbags website, was it in the balenciaga sale area that you purchased your purse? So if it says new, that means it's brand new or it's from the new spring line? Coz the beige i was debating against the Chartreaux City doesn't have the word new after it. Does that mean it's preloved?
    Thanks TaraP!!!

10. No question is stupid.. ;)

All bags are brand new never used wether they are in the Balenciaga section or the Balenciaga Sale section. They are new and from the new line. :graucho:

The only pre-owned bags are clearly listed in the pre-owned section.

Please let me know if I make sense.

11. You make perfect sense!!! Thank you so much for patiently answering my questions. Will make a decision tonight and make the purchase. Ooh! I'm so excited! The first purchase is always exciting and scary!!!

12. It may be your first but it won't be your last :lol:

13. Anytime friend!

Super excited for you! I'm sure you'll love which ever color you choose.

14. I love the gris chartreux, such a beautiful blue!

15. Ok ladies! I did it! I checked out and confirmed my purchase!
    Thanks again for your input everyone!!!
    Will post pics when I receive it