I need help styling this dress!!!!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. After trying on every dress in my closet, and shopping for a few weeks and finding NOTHING that I love, I've decided to wear this dress to my sister's wedding. The wedding is October 6th in Palm Springs, so it will be about 100 degrees. I am a little concerned that it looks too summery for October, but Palm Spring does let you get away with a different look. And, the dress is really fun to wear, it feels festive and light. The wedding is casual, and mostly fun, but I still want to look good.

I have no idea what type of shoes, jewelry, etc for a dress like this. I have long hair and will likely wear it up because of the heat. I'm willing to buy things to wear with it since I already own the dress and I'm not spending $ on another dress!

Thanks in advance for any help, I really need it!

Lauren+Alaina+Dresses+Skirts+Print+Dress+7RwwAKzV6SYl.jpg
  2. Tricky, I would go for a pair of high heel sandals or pumps - probably in black or white. I woudl start with a pair of black suede heels. Given the neck line I would avoid any jewelry, but perhaps could wear a gold or silver wide bracelet/cuff on the arm.

3. Oh I like the dress and I think a black clog like or platform sandal would be perfect. I would also add lots of arm candy. Enjoy

4. Thanks so much for responding! I think her styling in the picture makes it look kind of tacky, but it actually flows in a really breezy, fun way. I love the suggestions!

5. #6 Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    I feel you like the flowey aspect of the dress so you should play up on that, going softer in general. I would not have a belt, or have a very thin and fine one if you need to nip in the waist.

Since it will be hot, I would actually think a flat to small heeled sandal would look better with this dress as it seems not quite long or formal enough to go with a high heeled shoe.
    I think the shoe would look best in the greenish hues of the leaves on the print or the very lightest pink on the flowers.

I favor these in the blue/green or light natural (great price):
    Nine West Sandals

Something sage:
    Balenciaga sandals

I would do rose gold accessories. Perhaps a stack of bracelets up the arm and a pretty pair of earrings. I would also do a pinkish/nudish (or perhaps white?) clutch to blend with the dress. Maybe something to play up the pink in the bracelets:

BCBG Nude/rose gold clutch

This is also very nice:
    Acne clutch (pink)

Would wear hair long and flowy, or half up half down with some braiding.

Oh what the heck, I made you a Polyvore set:
    Lauren dress and accessories

6. you rock!!!! Love the rose gold and pink with it!

7. I wouldn't wear flats with that dress, but that's just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth...:smile:

8. p
    It's a beautiful dress! very flirty & feminine and, kudos for not choosing a body-con, short dress!
    I like the idea of a wide black belt--gives the dress more "formal structure). (I've seen a skinny belt worn over an un-adorn wider belt): wide black belt underneath and skinny belt in the same color as the flower or leaf on top to coordinate. kinda like this at wendy'slookbook: http://www.wendyslookbook.com/2012/06/arctic-fox-winter-white-origami-fox-belt/
    I also like those high-heeled sandals that have the wide band at the top with a little bit of toe peeking out and an ankle strap--the ankle straps (on most people) are sexy!
    http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-us-W2012/269192/828474/SHINY%20SANDAL (the style in black not necessarily with the sparklies)
    and if you're going off the shoulders, then hair 1/2 up, 1/2 down with chandelier earrings long enough to graze your shoulders and no necklace.
    i also think wider cuffs would be lovely (if you like cuffs).
    definitely a cute box clutch.
    gold accessories would be nice, but it just depends on your skin tone.
    --most important thing: wear what gives YOU the most confidence--so that you can concentrate on being there for your sister, being w/ family and friends and enjoying it all :smile::smile::smile: have a great time!

9. Gorgeous dress! I agree about removing the tie-belt for something fitted; for shoes I would find some plain thin strappy (possibly t-bar) wedges.

10. Thanks for all the ideas, I almost decided to go with something else because I was having a hard time since it isn't my usual style, but I really like it on! I've decided to wear it to the ceremony and then change to my little black dress for the reception. I am definitely incorporating ideas from this thread!