I need help styling this dress!!!!

GearGirly

Oct 28, 2010
After trying on every dress in my closet, and shopping for a few weeks and finding NOTHING that I love, I've decided to wear this dress to my sister's wedding. The wedding is October 6th in Palm Springs, so it will be about 100 degrees. I am a little concerned that it looks too summery for October, but Palm Spring does let you get away with a different look. And, the dress is really fun to wear, it feels festive and light. The wedding is casual, and mostly fun, but I still want to look good.

I have no idea what type of shoes, jewelry, etc for a dress like this. I have long hair and will likely wear it up because of the heat. I'm willing to buy things to wear with it since I already own the dress and I'm not spending $ on another dress!

Thanks in advance for any help, I really need it!

Attachments

• Lauren+Alaina+Dresses+Skirts+Print+Dress+7RwwAKzV6SYl.jpg
    Lauren+Alaina+Dresses+Skirts+Print+Dress+7RwwAKzV6SYl.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 487
After trying on every dress in my closet, and shopping for a few weeks and finding NOTHING that I love, I've decided to wear this dress to my sister's wedding. The wedding is October 6th in Palm Springs, so it will be about 100 degrees. I am a little concerned that it looks too summery for October, but Palm Spring does let you get away with a different look. And, the dress is really fun to wear, it feels festive and light. The wedding is casual, and mostly fun, but I still want to look good.

I have no idea what type of shoes, jewelry, etc for a dress like this. I have long hair and will likely wear it up because of the heat. I'm willing to buy things to wear with it since I already own the dress and I'm not spending $ on another dress!

Thanks in advance for any help, I really need it!
Tricky, I would go for a pair of high heel sandals or pumps - probably in black or white. I woudl start with a pair of black suede heels. Given the neck line I would avoid any jewelry, but perhaps could wear a gold or silver wide bracelet/cuff on the arm.

Thanks so much for responding! I think her styling in the picture makes it look kind of tacky, but it actually flows in a really breezy, fun way. I love the suggestions!

I feel you like the flowey aspect of the dress so you should play up on that, going softer in general. I would not have a belt, or have a very thin and fine one if you need to nip in the waist.

Since it will be hot, I would actually think a flat to small heeled sandal would look better with this dress as it seems not quite long or formal enough to go with a high heeled shoe.
I think the shoe would look best in the greenish hues of the leaves on the print or the very lightest pink on the flowers.

I favor these in the blue/green or light natural (great price):
Nine West Sandals

Something sage:
Balenciaga sandals

I would do rose gold accessories. Perhaps a stack of bracelets up the arm and a pretty pair of earrings. I would also do a pinkish/nudish (or perhaps white?) clutch to blend with the dress. Maybe something to play up the pink in the bracelets:

BCBG Nude/rose gold clutch

This is also very nice:
Acne clutch (pink)

Would wear hair long and flowy, or half up half down with some braiding.

Oh what the heck, I made you a Polyvore set:
Lauren dress and accessories

Last edited:
I would ditch the tie belt and buy a wide black belt instead. For shoes, I would wear something like this:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/jimmy-c...ualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=7126
Maybe some silver jewelry and a pop of color (like red) for your clutch.
p
It's a beautiful dress! very flirty & feminine and, kudos for not choosing a body-con, short dress!
I like the idea of a wide black belt--gives the dress more "formal structure). (I've seen a skinny belt worn over an un-adorn wider belt): wide black belt underneath and skinny belt in the same color as the flower or leaf on top to coordinate. kinda like this at wendy'slookbook: http://www.wendyslookbook.com/2012/06/arctic-fox-winter-white-origami-fox-belt/
I also like those high-heeled sandals that have the wide band at the top with a little bit of toe peeking out and an ankle strap--the ankle straps (on most people) are sexy!
http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-us-W2012/269192/828474/SHINY SANDAL (the style in black not necessarily with the sparklies)
and if you're going off the shoulders, then hair 1/2 up, 1/2 down with chandelier earrings long enough to graze your shoulders and no necklace.
i also think wider cuffs would be lovely (if you like cuffs).
definitely a cute box clutch.
gold accessories would be nice, but it just depends on your skin tone.
--most important thing: wear what gives YOU the most confidence--so that you can concentrate on being there for your sister, being w/ family and friends and enjoying it all :smile::smile::smile: have a great time!

Thanks for all the ideas, I almost decided to go with something else because I was having a hard time since it isn't my usual style, but I really like it on! I've decided to wear it to the ceremony and then change to my little black dress for the reception. I am definitely incorporating ideas from this thread!