I need help! Speedy Louis Vuitton bag questions.

Selmass

May 10, 2018
Hi! I am a 14 y/old girl new to the fashion world:smile: I really want to buy my first designer bag-a speedy by Louis Vuitton.It would be perfect because I need a bag that can fit my MacBook and books.I already have a Michael kors bag but is that really a luxurious designer bag? It’s very small and can only fit an iPad mini.So I want to buy this bag-speedy-I have the money for it ,so if I decide to buy it it would be without you parents-they hate Louis Vuitton and think that it’s not elegant, or worth the money. And they definitely think I am too young. Am I too young for this bag? It scares me to buy it because I don’t want people to think I am uneducated, wannabe-rich,spoiled etc...should I wait a few years? But then the bag would go up in price...I don’t know what to do! I really love fashion and design, and I have literally been dreaming of this bag when I first discovered it. It’s also timeless,so I could use it for the rest of my life!
Do you think I should go for it, wait, or simply never buy it?

Hi! I am a 14 y/old girl new to the fashion world:smile: I really want to buy my first designer bag-a speedy by Louis Vuitton.It would be perfect because I need a bag that can fit my MacBook and books.I already have a Michael kors bag but is that really a luxurious designer bag? It’s very small and can only fit an iPad mini.So I want to buy this bag-speedy-I have the money for it ,so if I decide to buy it it would be without you parents-they hate Louis Vuitton and think that it’s not elegant, or worth the money. And they definitely think I am too young. Am I too young for this bag? It scares me to buy it because I don’t want people to think I am uneducated, wannabe-rich,spoiled etc...should I wait a few years? But then the bag would go up in price...I don’t know what to do! I really love fashion and design, and I have literally been dreaming of this bag when I first discovered it. It’s also timeless,so I could use it for the rest of my life!
The Speedy is not ideal for carrying a laptop. Have you considered any other Louis Vuitton bags?

Never say never my dear. But hold off. Your time will come. Just not now.

Hello, personally, I don't think you're too young to invest in yourself and your wardrobe, especially if you plan to keep this bag forever :tup:

The Speedy is a wonderful bag, I think you should go for it... but... it's not the right bag to carry a mackbook and books, I'm afraid.

If I were in your position, and if I could give 14 y/o-me some advice, I would get the Speedy and get a comfortable and durable book bag, I'd try to go affordable without compromising quality and use that for school, then carry the Speedy for everything else, and use it as much as possible.

I would get a Speedy B25 in mono, such a cute bag for all ages :love: gld!

I would encourage you to wait simply because as a 14 year old your lifestyle is likely very busy, with you going a lot of place where your bag will get thrown around. I’m thinking classroom floors, bus seats, bleachers, mall food courts, etc. At least that’s what I remember when I was 14. I LOVED designer bags then as well but at this point you may not be able to use it the way you want to and it still be cared for as a luxury item simply because other 14 year olds are not going to treat it as such. Does that make sense? And i love the size of the speedy 35. I’ve had all sizes of speedy in various materials they come in and the speedy is a great bag- but I think you’ll enjoy it more if you wait.

Hello, personally, I don't think you're too young to invest in yourself and your wardrobe, especially if you plan to keep this bag forever :tup:

The Speedy is a wonderful bag, I think you should go for it... but... it's not the right bag to carry a mackbook and books, I'm afraid.

If I were in your position, and if I could give 14 y/o-me some advice, I would get the Speedy and get a comfortable and durable book bag, I'd try to go affordable without compromising quality and use that for school, then carry the Speedy for everything else, and use it as much as possible.

I would get a Speedy B25 in mono, such a cute bag for all ages :love: gld!

Hi! Thank you for your reply! I had my eyes on the speedy B25 mono but as I understand it doesn’t fit a laptop. I still want to buy it tho. Do you know any bags good for school that can carry books and a laptop but is still not ugly or “too big”? If you know any please send a picture!

I would encourage you to wait simply because as a 14 year old your lifestyle is likely very busy, with you going a lot of place where your bag will get thrown around. I’m thinking classroom floors, bus seats, bleachers, mall food courts, etc. At least that’s what I remember when I was 14. I LOVED designer bags then as well but at this point you may not be able to use it the way you want to and it still be cared for as a luxury item simply because other 14 year olds are not going to treat it as such. Does that make sense? And i love the size of the speedy 35. I’ve had all sizes of speedy in various materials they come in and the speedy is a great bag- but I think you’ll enjoy it more if you wait.

That seems resealable! It is what everyone says. I do have a very busy weeks and no one else I know have this kind of luxury...What kind of bag did you have when you were 14 for school? Thank you for your reply/opinion :smile:

Hi! Thank you for your reply! I had my eyes on the speedy B25 mono but as I understand it doesn’t fit a laptop. I still want to buy it tho. Do you know any bags good for school that can carry books and a laptop but is still not ugly or “too big”? If you know any please send a picture!
You're very welcome :wave:
I'm glad you were thinking about the same bag. Since you're interested in fashion I don't think you'll be throwing your bag around and messing it up :biggrin:

For a nice black bag there are unlimited options, just do a quick Google search for small computer bags and start getting an idea of what you like and really need.
Check out zappos, they have good pics and video showing modeling shots. If not, hit a sale at Macy's or Nordstrom rack, heck, even Marshalls and TJMaxx have some cute bags at low prices. Don't rush this purchase, look at a lot of them and find the perfect bag for you, happy shopping!

Before I make the jump to actually buy a new kind of purse, I first buy a similar type to test if I actually like the type of bag. I was in love with the Céline Phantom bag a few years a go, but after trying a same style bag, I came to the conclusion that it was not the type of bag for my lifestyle. I would suggest to try figuring out what kind of bag girl you are first and gift yourself the perfect bag for a special occassion (sweet sixteen/graduation).

Reactions: Selmass
As other's have mentioned, I would wait simply because the Speedy isn't really going to fulfill what you need it for right now (laptop/books/etc). Also, depending on the other people around you, it may inspire jealousies or judgement against you which could result in other problems. If a lot of the other kids in your school use designer bags then it may be ok, I just know that at 14 for me, that type of bag would have probably been vandalized or (more likely) stolen in my school. Of course that is more of a call for you to make since I don't know anything about your situation. Personally I think you should wait until end of highschool/college before making a big luxury purchase. Maybe you could get a smaller SLG in the meantime if you want something from LV?

If you are looking for a cute backpack, I may suggest looking at the Anello bags. I saw them in Japan last year and they have become a bit popular now in the US (I've seen quite a few people carrying them). Unfortunately I'm not sure if there are US vendors so you may have to order from overseas and also watch out for fakes as there are quite a few of those as well. I think they run around $40-$50.

When I was 14 I used a plain black Jansport backpack (I guess it'd be considered their "vintage" model now....). That was the popular bag at the time and I decorated it with an iron patch on the pocket and some decorations I drew into the leather bottom using jelly roll pens. I don't think Jansport has the appeal now as it did back then though lol!

As other's have mentioned, I would wait simply because the Speedy isn't really going to fulfill what you need it for right now (laptop/books/etc). Also, depending on the other people around you, it may inspire jealousies or judgement against you which could result in other problems. If a lot of the other kids in your school use designer bags then it may be ok, I just know that at 14 for me, that type of bag would have probably been vandalized or (more likely) stolen in my school. Of course that is more of a call for you to make since I don't know anything about your situation. Personally I think you should wait until end of highschool/college before making a big luxury purchase. Maybe you could get a smaller SLG in the meantime if you want something from LV?

If you are looking for a cute backpack, I may suggest looking at the Anello bags. I saw them in Japan last year and they have become a bit popular now in the US (I've seen quite a few people carrying them). Unfortunately I'm not sure if there are US vendors so you may have to order from overseas and also watch out for fakes as there are quite a few of those as well. I think they run around $40-$50.

When I was 14 I used a plain black Jansport backpack (I guess it'd be considered their "vintage" model now....). That was the popular bag at the time and I decorated it with an iron patch on the pocket and some decorations I drew into the leather bottom using jelly roll pens. I don't think Jansport has the appeal now as it did back then though lol!

I will look at the Anello bags and see if I like them! I haven’t seen anyone with them, but maybe that is because I live in Europe and not USA :smile: I don’t think my bag would be stolen from me at my school because it’s not a public school.But i don’t want people to think poorly of me so I will simply wait to make this purchase until I am at least 16...thank you for your help!