I need help picking! Give me a hand!

I'm looking to get a budget birthday bag (alliteration! Whee!) But I can't decide. I probably won't be ordering for about a week and I'm planning on ordering from ILD. Give me your opinions on my chosen options.

1. Claremont Miller olive
Pros: my favorite style
Olive!
Looks like the perfect size

Cons: top of my budget
Handles might be annoying (I'm not against clipping a longer strap on there)

2. Siena briana
Pros: orange!
The price is right

Cons: open top

3. Small Briana
Pros: price is even more right
Orange!

Cons: maybe too small? (Probably not. I don't generally carry much)
Open top.

4. Small double handle
Pros: best price
I like it

Cons: maybe to small
I wish the handles folded down.

I like to think is use the pockets some of them have, but really I always end up just throwing things in. So.

What would you pick?

I tried to add links, but my phone is a butt head, sorry.

Buyall: everyone has different needs and requirments in a handbag. For me, and open top bag is just unacceptable unless there is a large zipper pocket inside. Also, I've found that if a bag is even a little too small it makes using it annoying. So go for the handbag that best meets your needs because no matter what the color, if the bag doesn't work for you, you won't get much use out of it.
In addition, the Dooney retail boutiques are having a 50% off sale this month. You can call any of them, I deal with the store at the Westchester in White Plains NY. Ask if the bag you want is included in the sale and if they have the color you want and can ship it to you. Sales are final. so ask for them to check the bag over carefully and let you know if there are any defects or damages.

Also, call the Dooney outlets to see if styles you like are at a better price and shippable in the colors you like. This changes every few weeks, but it's worth the effort. It doesn't matter where the outlet is located, for $7.50 they can ship to you if they have what you want and it's in the 'shippable' category. Often outlet prices are better than ILD.

Buyall: everyone has different needs and requirments in a handbag. For me, and open top bag is just unacceptable unless there is a large zipper pocket inside. Also, I've found that if a bag is even a little too small it makes using it annoying. So go for the handbag that best meets your needs because no matter what the color, if the bag doesn't work for you, you won't get much use out of it.
In addition, the Dooney retail boutiques are having a 50% off sale this month. You can call any of them, I deal with the store at the Westchester in White Plains NY. Ask if the bag you want is included in the sale and if they have the color you want and can ship it to you. Sales are final. so ask for them to check the bag over carefully and let you know if there are any defects or damages.

Also, call the Dooney outlets to see if styles you like are at a better price and shippable in the colors you like. This changes every few weeks, but it's worth the effort. It doesn't matter where the outlet is located, for $7.50 they can ship to you if they have what you want and it's in the 'shippable' category. Often outlet prices are better than ILD.

Ooh, I forgot about calling stores! That's how I got my flo satchel. That's good thinking, there! Thank you!

I think I'm leaning towards either the Briana (open top is doable, pouches will keep me organized enough, my lunch will probably fit in there) or the Miller. I just really like that Miller. I'm going to call later to s see if it's included in that sale.

Thank you for your input.

So I'm thinking more and more about the Briana and the Miller. I like the look of both of them, buy I wonder if I'll be bothered by the fact that they might not feel like "real leather"

So that makes me think I need something else. But Florentine and dillen are not in the budget. So pebbled! I sort of like the double top handle and the pocket satchel, but not as much as the others.

Does anyone have any experience with Claremont or Siena? Do they feel completely like plastic? This is all silly, but I don't have a store where I can go see and touch them. The closest dooney store is about 3 hours from me.

So I'm thinking more and more about the Briana and the Miller. I like the look of both of them, buy I wonder if I'll be bothered by the fact that they might not feel like "real leather"

So that makes me think I need something else. But Florentine and dillen are not in the budget. So pebbled! I sort of like the double top handle and the pocket satchel, but not as much as the others.

Does anyone have any experience with Claremont or Siena? Do they feel completely like plastic? This is all silly, but I don't have a store where I can go see and touch them. The closest dooney store is about 3 hours from me.

Did you look at the pebbled on I love Dooney and the Dooney site? There are some great deals right now.
To me Claremont feels like saffiano--so no, it does not feel like soft, pliable leather.
I have never felt the Sienna. I love Dooney also has some Dillen right now at decent prices.

Yeah, that's where I was looking at the pebbled stuff :smile:

I don't mind the feel of saffiano. I'd never expect it to feel like my soft leather bags. I just worry that it might feel totally artificial. The only saffiano I've handled is Michael kors stuff, and I like it. It doesn't feel like leather, but it doesn't feel like plastic either.

My wheels are spinning over here.

Yeah, that's where I was looking at the pebbled stuff :smile:

I don't mind the feel of saffiano. I'd never expect it to feel like my soft leather bags. I just worry that it might feel totally artificial. The only saffiano I've handled is Michael kors stuff, and I like it. It doesn't feel like leather, but it doesn't feel like plastic either.

My wheels are spinning over here.

Wish I could be more help :smile:. Look forward to your reveal once you decide.
Personally, I like Claremont and saff.......but pebbled or Dillen is my all time favorite Dooney leather.

http://www.dooney.com/pebble-grain-small-double-handle-tote/R51B.html?dwvar_R51B_color=AWBNPATN#q=Double&start=5&cgid=dooney-bags

I like this guy, but would maybe order from ILD because I hear their shipping is better.

http://www.dooney.com/pebble-grain-small-double-handle-tote/R51B.html?dwvar_R51B_color=AWBNPATN#q=Double&start=5&cgid=dooney-bags

I like this guy, but would maybe order from ILD because I hear their shipping is better.

Oh love this one and looked at it today! You will get free shipping from Dooney for orders over $100 but will have to pay tax. Yes, Dooney is slow but your handbag will arrive perfectly wrapped and protected.....but it will with ILD as well.

http://www.dooney.com/pebble-grain-..._color=AWPLPATN#q=Pocket&start=15&cgid=dooney

Or this one. But it's more expensive. Decisions decisions.

Maybe I'll spend enough time dithering that one will sell out and my decision will be made for me.

I have a claremont satchel and a Siena drawstring. The claremont feels closer to leather than the siena. The siena is very stiff and shiny while the Claremont is more pliable and has only a slight sheen. I much prefer the claremont. I kept the Siena because it was a gift, it was cute, and mightily indestructible. I feel like I could stand on it and the thing won't budge.

You laugh but I have a floor full of Dooneys and have stepped on them on more than one occasion. Quite by accident I assure you. Oops!

Hi, I have this bag in an ostrich-embossed leather - I like it but it's quite small. It has a fixed center zip section and I can't get much I need in it. I rarely use it anymore. Overall it is about the size of the small Briana bag, but the small Brianas are much more functional IMO. I like the strap that cinches the bag closed and it is completely open inside but only one slip pocket. Actually I think the Siena and Montecito lines are incredibly chic bags, but I know they are not everyone's cup of tea.

I have a few Siena and Montecito bags, both large and small Briana styles, I like them, very functional and colorful and I don't think the Siena feel like plastic, they are just fairly stiff bags and very structured.The textured exterior coated leather is very attractive. I'm OK with Sienas out in the rain as well, but do take care about the vachetta handles and try not to have them too exposed. Again, all just my opinion, I am a fan of the Siena line.

Hi, I have this bag in an ostrich-embossed leather - I like it but it's quite small. It has a fixed center zip section and I can't get much I need in it. I rarely use it anymore. Overall it is about the size of the small Briana bag, but the small Brianas are much more functional IMO. I like the strap that cinches the bag closed and it is completely open inside but only one slip pocket. Actually I think the Siena and Montecito lines are incredibly chic bags, but I know they are not everyone's cup of tea.

I have a few Siena and Montecito bags, both large and small Briana styles, I like them, very functional and colorful and I don't think the Siena feel like plastic, they are just fairly stiff bags and very structured.The textured exterior coated leather is very attractive. I'm OK with Sienas out in the rain as well, but do take care about the vachetta handles and try not to have them too exposed. Again, all just my opinion, I am a fan of the Siena line.

I thought about it maybe being too small, but I really don't carry much. I'm carrying a small flo satchel right now and it's generally half empty. And I have bigger bags I can switch into if I need to.

One thing I don't love about the Briana is the depth? Width? Whichever. I always end up not liking it when a bag feels like a box on a strap. Slimmer is better to me. Which has me rethinking the Miller again. I really do like that one. But there's like a $60 price difference between those too!

Gah. Decisions are hard.

I thought about it maybe being too small, but I really don't carry much. I'm carrying a small flo satchel right now and it's generally half empty. And I have bigger bags I can switch into if I need to.

One thing I don't love about the Briana is the depth? Width? Whichever. I always end up not liking it when a bag feels like a box on a strap. Slimmer is better to me. Which has me rethinking the Miller again. I really do like that one. But there's like a $60 price difference between those too!

Gah. Decisions are hard.

You should take as much time as you need to get just the right bag for you and your budget. But just know there is always a pricing game going on. ILD changes their prices frequently and the bags do sell out. Just the voice of experience here :smile:.

Oh I know. That worries me and almost makes it easier at the same time. If it sells out or the price jumps, it's easily off the list.

I'm just super indecisive about these things. And my brain is a jerk. I keep finding styles I like, and materials I like, but generally they don't match up. Like if I could have a leather Daniela I'd be stoked. But that's not a thing.

Sigh.