I need help picking! Give me a hand!

Sooooooooo, are you just going to leave us hanging....again? What did you decide woman?

Lol... Neither! I'm kinda done with the Q. Deals really aren't that good there and the EP isn't easy after awhile. I'm changing things up... Buy outright (sales of course) at retail, outlets or maybe the bay. Tired of taking chances with "as is" and the hassle. Plus, I'm leaning towards more of the older bags now. I'm not too impressed with most of the newer styles and leathers.

A red Buckley called my name (again...I cancelled the first time) and for the 2-3rd time on an Elephant Zip Barlow. I still want another Zip Barlow in either Natural or Black and I'm torn. Can't get both, so I need your help. I'm thinking I should have gotten the Black and Natural but since the Elephant is already on order, which two bags would you choose? Black and Elephant or Black and Natural or Elephant and Natural??? I'm having such a hard time deciding. I just want to make the best choices as you know the price point

View attachment 3253642

View attachment 3253643

View attachment 3253644

I would go elephant and natural. I have the elephant and I love the color. It goes with everything that black would. The natural on the other hand is so universal too. I tend to stay away from black because I will switch it out if I am wearing light colors or brown. I feel like it doesn't stand out as much as the others. Good luck!

A red Buckley called my name (again...I cancelled the first time) and for the 2-3rd time on an Elephant Zip Barlow. I still want another Zip Barlow in either Natural or Black and I'm torn. Can't get both, so I need your help. I'm thinking I should have gotten the Black and Natural but since the Elephant is already on order, which two bags would you choose? Black and Elephant or Black and Natural or Elephant and Natural??? I'm having such a hard time deciding. I just want to make the best choices as you know the price point

View attachment 3253642

View attachment 3253643

View attachment 3253644

Thank you ladies for all your input... I've decided not to go with either. After all this...Cray Cray, I know! I tried on in person yesterday and it's not as comfy as I'd like but dang, it's such a nice bag. I looked at my inventory and have soooo many Florentine bags. For a tote, I've decided that I want something lighter, like Pebbled or Nylon or some other material. Thanks again!! Stay tuned for another "help me choose" dilemma. [emoji16]

I'm giving up the ban to nab a black zip zip.
I realized I don't have a weather Dooney!! The one I have is white Pebbled leather. White!! I also don't have a black handbag, Whaaaaaat?!

So. I'm Zip Zip turn between the black Pebbled and the black saffiano.
Both roughly the same price depending on whether I hit Ebay or as is Q.

Anytime have both? Or opinions as to which they liked the best between this style with the leathers?

I realized I don't have a weather Dooney!! The one I have is white Pebbled leather. White!! I also don't have a black handbag, Whaaaaaat?!

Anytime have both? Or opinions as to which they liked the best between this style with the leathers?
I'll just note a little detail that I like. On the Saffiano, I prefer the braided zipper pulls better. I wish they put them on the pebble leather bags. A detail on the Pebble.....you get smooth leather on handles and base, pebble on the body of the bag....so that's nice too. Tough call Blaze. I like both bags too. I think the Saffiano looks a bit dressier or slick but honestly you can't go wrong with either.

Update: I just did a side by side and I favor the Pebbled version. It just has more character and interest to me with the two leather textures.

Last edited:

I've got the black pebbled with smooth black leather trim. I love the shine of the saffiano black too. Good luck in your choice! I may have chosen the saffiano if I had a choice at the time of purchase, but I didn't.

DB Pebbled Zip Zip Black.jpg Black Zip Zip & Pretzel.JPG

I'll just note a little detail that I like. On the Saffiano, I prefer the braided zipper pulls better. I wish they put them on the pebble leather bags. A detail on the Pebble, you get smooth leather on handles and base, pebble on the body of the bag....so that's nice too. Tough call Blaze. I like both bags too. I think the Saffiano looks a bit dressier or slick but honestly you can't go wrong with either.

Update: I just did a side by side and I favor the Pebbled version. It just has more character and interest to me with the two leather textures.

I never realized the difference in the zipper pulls until now!

I have pebbled and Saff and like both! If you want it for all weather and not have to worry at all, go with the saffiano. If you want a slightly more casual look then pebbled. I just ordered the White patent zip zip myself from ILD! Couldn't resist 109.00 for a full size Zip zip and I've beefing eyeing the White patent since last year ! Good luck deciding!
Ps. ..I almost always dress casual but still like the look of Saff. and patent bags with casual outfits, TJM! ;)