I need help!! My PS11 is falling apart

vincent ko

Feb 25, 2013
I'm so disappointed and sad that my PS11 is falling apart. Today I just noticed that there's a bald patch on the back of the flap. On top of that, the thing on the side of the flap is starting to peel off – it's because that every time I use the strap, it squeezes the flap and this happens only one side. Can anyone suggest some ideas to me? I don't what to do at this point... I got this bag last December online at Lane Crawford.

Attachments

• 20140720_110241_resized.jpg
    20140720_110241_resized.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 2,062
  • 20140720_110313_resized.jpg
    20140720_110313_resized.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 2,046
  • 20140720_110326_resized.jpg
    20140720_110326_resized.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 2,036
  • 20140720_110718_resized.jpg
    20140720_110718_resized.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 2,055
so sorry this happened to you. mine was bought in feb and i have not been using it more than 10 times n the edges of the bag n the strap is peeling! very disappointed with the quality. the stitchings r also peeled to show the white dots. Never again Proenza schouler! so angry i bought this!

so sorry this happened to you. mine was bought in feb and i have not been using it more than 10 times n the edges of the bag n the strap is peeling! very disappointed with the quality. the stitchings r also peeled to show the white dots. Never again Proenza schouler! so angry i bought this!
I actually agree with you on this one!! I'm so disappointed in the quality of the PS bags–this definitely will be my last PS bag for sure.

vincent ko & vanfall - Sorry to hear that... how about try to contact PS if they can do something about it. Lane Crawford must be an authorized dealer of PS so they probably can direct your concern too?
Seeing how recent you both purchased the bags, it really concerns me a lot about this brand. I just purchased a PS1 and am thinking about getting a PS11... but after reading this then definitely not...

I actually agree with you on this one!! I'm so disappointed in the quality of the PS bags–this definitely will be my last PS bag for sure.

OMG, that is terrible! Your bag isn't even a year old!

Definitely contact PS and see if they can do something about it (which they should) and let us know what they say.

OMG, that is terrible! Your bag isn't even a year old!

Definitely contact PS and see if they can do something about it (which they should) and let us know what they say.
I have already contacted Lane Crawford and this is the email that I've received 4 days ago

"We are finding if there is any solution to fix your bag, we will get back to you as soon as possible."

I haven't received an update from them yet and I've also contacted PS just now. Hoping to hear from them soon with great news.

vincent ko & vanfall - Sorry to hear that... how about try to contact PS if they can do something about it. Lane Crawford must be an authorized dealer of PS so they probably can direct your concern too?
Seeing how recent you both purchased the bags, it really concerns me a lot about this brand. I just purchased a PS1 and am thinking about getting a PS11... but after reading this then definitely not...
I was thinking of getting another PS11 in regular leather but after this little number, I'm definitely not going to do that. I did contact LC and they said that they'll look into it; I also just contacted PS and looking forward to hearing from them soon. I will update this thread as soon as I have an answer.

I was thinking of getting another PS11 in regular leather but after this little number, I'm definitely not going to do that. I did contact LC and they said that they'll look into it; I also just contacted PS and looking forward to hearing from them soon. I will update this thread as soon as I have an answer.

I am contemplating on getting a PS1, but after learning about the quality issue I am now having a second thought. :confused1:

Doesn't haircalf usually have a tendency to bald wherever it rubs against you? That's why I always avoided those kinds of bags. I'm not sure why the piping is doing that though, I've seen older season PS1s have piping cracking after extensive use but none of my PS11s have ever done that.

As long as it's through an authorized retailer they will most likely fix it. Hang in there. :flowers:

So I have an update–I contacted both Proenza Schouler and Lane Crawford but Lane wasn't really that helpful. Proenza was so helpful and they offered to replace the panel for me as well as fixing the bald patch.

So I have an update–I contacted both Proenza Schouler and Lane Crawford but Lane wasn't really that helpful. Proenza was so helpful and they offered to replace the panel for me as well as fixing the bald patch.

Yay! That's good news! Although it was terrible that it happened to you at least PS is making good on their products. That makes me feel better about the brand. :smile:

Yay! That's good news! Although it was terrible that it happened to you at least PS is making good on their products. That makes me feel better about the brand. :smile:
I know right! Words can't even described how happy I am that they are willing to fix this for me. Sad part is it will take at least 8 weeks for the repair. I'm just wondering does this happen to other PS11 owners out there?