I need help from all of you Chanel experts

einertia

O.G.
May 17, 2008
Hello everyone,

I am new in the chanel bag club, I bought my first bag from the Paris in Rome collection last year, before selling it last summer (should have thought harder before picking that one) and just got a chevron boy woc in august.

Needless to say, I am already planning my next chanel purchase by selling a pochette metis and a Saint Laurent i don't use anymore.

Now, I have decided my next bag would be a reissue, 225 or 226. I have this strange idea/fantasy in my head that the bag of my dreams will be readily available as soon as I walk into the rue cambon store with my credit card in my hand: I am dying to get a chevron reissue in caviar leather (not distressed) with ruthenium hardware. Probably black.

Now, does this combo even exist? Do they often have it? How long do you think I will have to wait until they have some? Now I know it's hard to tell but could they just not ever have it?

Please excuse my naivety or stupidity, I'm new at this and I'm just trying to learn. Learning about chanel and how they operate regarding bags alone makes me happy and I'm sure many of you can relate.

Thank you so much in advance!

Hello everyone,

I am new in the chanel bag club, I bought my first bag from the Paris in Rome collection last year, before selling it last summer (should have thought harder before picking that one) and just got a chevron boy woc in august.

Needless to say, I am already planning my next chanel purchase by selling a pochette metis and a Saint Laurent i don't use anymore.

Now, I have decided my next bag would be a reissue, 225 or 226. I have this strange idea/fantasy in my head that the bag of my dreams will be readily available as soon as I walk into the rue cambon store with my credit card in my hand: I am dying to get a chevron reissue in caviar leather (not distressed) with ruthenium hardware. Probably black.

Now, does this combo even exist? Do they often have it? How long do you think I will have to wait until they have some? Now I know it's hard to tell but could they just not ever have it?

Please excuse my naivety or stupidity, I'm new at this and I'm just trying to learn. Learning about chanel and how they operate regarding bags alone makes me happy and I'm sure many of you can relate.

Thank you so much in advance!
Hi. Nice to meet you. I am learning too. What I can tell you is that you can't really walk into Chanel and expect them to have exactly the combo you want. Once you figure out what works for you (color, hardware, size, style, design), you still have to be prepared that that particular combo will only come along once in a blue moon -- so you have to grab it when you can. Chanel has mastered he game of anticipation (addictive anticipation), and that is why we are all keeping our eyes open for each new collection that comes along for months in advance (there are 6 different collections per year). We start to discuss the collections as soon as the shows happen and speculate what will be available. Once we find out what stores are getting we get on wait lists (usually a 2+ months before the collection arrives in stores). Even then, stores might only get 1-2 of a particular item and not every store gets the same thing. Some items are only available overseas and if you really want it you are going to have to make travel plans or enlist a personal shopper. It is kind of crazy, but that's how we roll.

I'm a huge reissue fan and have several in my collection. What you are describing (chevron caviar with ruthenium) would be a seasonal version, not part of the permanent line of reissues (which are black distressed calf with either ruthenium or gold hardware). You would have to keep your eye out for a collection that offers it, or look for a pre-owned version. Have you tried a search of the resale sites or check out TPFs In Search Of (ISO) thread? The current collection (17k) is offering a black chevron reissue with distressed calf and all black hardware. You might want to check that out. Reissues are only offered in every other collection. They alternate with the CC classic flap. When you start looking at all of the diffferent collections, you fall in love with all kinds of things you didn't expect.:heart::heart:

Oh, one more thing. Chanel handbags never, ever go on sale. So don't hold out thinking that might happen! Plus, prices go up and the US is probably due for an increase. Many of us take advantage of department store credit card offers (10% off first purchase, double or triple points, 12 months no interest,etc) to keep up with our passion.

I hope this helps you get started. Welcome aboard and as many of us say, it is a slippery slope!! :flowers:

Thank you so so much for your reply!!

I actually tried on a chevron reissue with gold hardware (not shiny gold though) in august and that, as well as my new woc, started the obsession. The thing is, i consider this future purchase my first and i don't want to make a mistake like I first did. I keep thinking "maybe not black, but black is a classic you'll use it forever", "or maybe a boy", "no no, reissue 226. Or 225. Or 226". You get the gist. I am going mad haha.

When you say there are 6 collections a year, could you please tell me when they come out/what they are called?
For the sales, I know only certain items go on sale but I know I have to accept to pay the full price as I don't think the bags go on sale.

I haven't checked the thread you're mentioning but I definitely will, thank you for telling me about it. I don't think I want to buy this one second hand, this must seem stupid but I really want this big purchase with the whole experience of going to the store and being with a sales associate and so on.

It is a slippery slope indeed because there are the bags indeed, but also the wallets and o cases and card holders and necklaces and... I'm in trouble haha.

the combo you're looking for doesn't exist, at least not yet anyway!! i have never seen a chevron reissue done in caviar leather, but i could be wrong. hoping to hear from other experts on here. the majority of reissues in general are distressed calfskin. HTH!

the combo you're looking for doesn't exist, at least not yet anyway!! i have never seen a chevron reissue done in caviar leather, but i could be wrong. hoping to hear from other experts on here. the majority of reissues in general are distressed calfskin. HTH!
There was this thread which discussed the recent reissue in caviar that was sort of half quilted and half chevron (but with gold HW)

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/17c-black-caviar-boy-or-reissue-225.960228/

Thank you so so much for your reply!!

I actually tried on a chevron reissue with gold hardware (not shiny gold though) in august and that, as well as my new woc, started the obsession. The thing is, i consider this future purchase my first and i don't want to make a mistake like I first did. I keep thinking "maybe not black, but black is a classic you'll use it forever", "or maybe a boy", "no no, reissue 226. Or 225. Or 226". You get the gist. I am going mad haha.

When you say there are 6 collections a year, could you please tell me when they come out/what they are called?
For the sales, I know only certain items go on sale but I know I have to accept to pay the full price as I don't think the bags go on sale.

I haven't checked the thread you're mentioning but I definitely will, thank you for telling me about it. I don't think I want to buy this one second hand, this must seem stupid but I really want this big purchase with the whole experience of going to the store and being with a sales associate and so on.

It is a slippery slope indeed because there are the bags indeed, but also the wallets and o cases and card holders and necklaces and... I'm in trouble haha.

With gratitude to blueangel22 from another post, these are the Chanel collection seasons (as a letter code) with the times when they appear in stores. So, right now we are in 17K, with items for 17B still trickling in. The shows themselves are usually 6 months in advance of a collection release. So, right now the shows in NY, Paris, Milan are showing for Spring/summer collections.

Four seasons of Chanel & Delivery time in US
C = Cruise; usually deliver Nov - Jan
P = Printemps (spring in French); spring act 1; usually deliver Jan to Mar
S = Summer; spring act 2; usually deliver Mar to Jun
A = Autumn; pre-fall; usually deliver May to Sep
B = fall/winter act 1; Jun to Oct
K = fall/winter act 2; Aug to Nov

I totally get what you are saying about going mad with making a decision and wanting the full purchase experience. I think a lot of TPF members feel the same way. On a personal note, I had never owned a Chanel or any luxury bag until I was well into, ahem, middle age. At that point, I thought it was a huge splurge to finally get a black caviar jumbo classic flap (aka gateway drug). When my parents died, I found myself craving that store purchase as a way of processing my grief and filling a hole in my life. I've never considered myself materialistic, but honestly there was really nothing else in my life at the time that made me feel important and special in the way a luxury purchase could. Family, job, friends -- everything else was work. Walking into Chanel and being treated like a queen was something else entirely. I had a terrible time making decisions and probably purchased more than I should (easy to do), but I really love and admire this brand. Fast forward to today and I think I have gained a lot of perspective regarding my purchasing behavior (and I mean it when I say that Chanel creates addictive levels of anticipation), but I have definitely made up lost time in terms of developing a collection I can enjoy for a lifetime and now I think I'm ready to slow down and just use my gorgeous bags rather than buy more.

Good luck in your search and let us know what you decide to do!:wave:

With gratitude to blueangel22 from another post, these are the Chanel collection seasons (as a letter code) with the times when they appear in stores. So, right now we are in 17K, with items for 17B still trickling in. The shows themselves are usually 6 months in advance of a collection release. So, right now the shows in NY, Paris, Milan are showing for Spring/summer collections.

Four seasons of Chanel & Delivery time in US
C = Cruise; usually deliver Nov - Jan
P = Printemps (spring in French); spring act 1; usually deliver Jan to Mar
S = Summer; spring act 2; usually deliver Mar to Jun
A = Autumn; pre-fall; usually deliver May to Sep
B = fall/winter act 1; Jun to Oct
K = fall/winter act 2; Aug to Nov

I totally get what you are saying about going mad with making a decision and wanting the full purchase experience. I think a lot of TPF members feel the same way. On a personal note, I had never owned a Chanel or any luxury bag until I was well into, ahem, middle age. At that point, I thought it was a huge splurge to finally get a black caviar jumbo classic flap (aka gateway drug). When my parents died, I found myself craving that store purchase as a way of processing my grief and filling a hole in my life. I've never considered myself materialistic, but honestly there was really nothing else in my life at the time that made me feel important and special in the way a luxury purchase could. Family, job, friends -- everything else was work. Walking into Chanel and being treated like a queen was something else entirely. I had a terrible time making decisions and probably purchased more than I should (easy to do), but I really love and admire this brand. Fast forward to today and I think I have gained a lot of perspective regarding my purchasing behavior (and I mean it when I say that Chanel creates addictive levels of anticipation), but I have definitely made up lost time in terms of developing a collection I can enjoy for a lifetime and now I think I'm ready to slow down and just use my gorgeous bags rather than buy more.

Good luck in your search and let us know what you decide to do!:wave:

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me, you are so kind.

I am so sorry about your parents and am glad you are better. As far as I'm concerned, the bags are the only "substitute" that help me deal with the pain behind a baby I dream of having but is taking a while to arrive...

I will definitely keep you posted, my husband is taking me to Paris quite soon so hopefully I can start to make up my mind about sizes etc. Just the whole trying on experience should be fun ☺️