I need HELP finding a bag for COLLEGE!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I'm going to college next year and I don't want to carry a backpack, handbag, PLUS laptop bag. So I want to leave the backpack just for books and put my laptop in my purse. Here's the problem...my laptop is huge. It's 14"h x 10.5"w 11.8"h and it's 1 inchish thick. I don't want to buy a laptop bag because i already have 2 and there too heavy and I don't want to buy another one even if it looks good beause than i'd still be carrying 3 bags =P. I went to Coach and the best I could find was Optic Signature Baby Bag which would probably break my laptop if i tried to jam it in or worse ruin the bag lol and the other one was not available in stores, but a new version is coming out in Sept {i'm not very patient haha jkjk). I liked this design the best -->Coach Soho Signature Tote, but the biggest size which is something like 12"x 12" completely dwarfs me. I stand at barely 5 feet 3inches so that bag takes up like half my body. So I am looking for a bag that's not only cute but versatile as well =P.

Just browsed the website and maybe this is ok i guess--> New Signature Soft Tote , but don't like the little c pattern on this one--> Mini Signature Multifunction Tote.
    Any suggestions on bags that could fit a laptop and still work as a handbag? (It doesn't have to be Coach)

My spending limit is $500ish.

Thanks for your time!:yes:

2. You may want to reconsider the tote idea. I have a laptop that weighs 5 pounds and even that gets heavy. When you factor in your books (I don't how you plan to use the bag--do you plan to carry your laptop to class everyday or just to the library?) a tote could just get to be too much. I'm in grad school and carry my laptop and case books to class every day and I use a backpack and a tumi carrier in this style Laptop Carrier - TUMI
    I rarely carry a purse to class, I throw my wallet, keys, phone and lip gloss in the small pocket of my backpack.
    Carrying a heavy bag on one shoulder can really damage your shoulder (I pinched a nerve).
    You may just want to look around at your fellow classmates and see what they're doing.

3. I have the same problem! I really want a tote to put my laptop & a notebook in for class...too bad class starts on Monday...gotta love the procrastination!

4. I have a friend who uses Tom Bihn laptop bags. I can't remember the name of the particular bag but it was not too heavy and it had excellent protection for the laptop.

TOM BIHN

5. knishdion - for now I'll be bringing my laptop to all my classes

thanks guys for being so helpful :smile:
    if there are any other suggestions I'd be happy to hear them :smile:

6. There's the Coach transatlantic messenger which i think is designed to hold laptops?

Otherwise, I just have a laptop sleeve and throw my laptop in my regular bags. Maybe longchamp, herve chapelier, vera?

7. I originally planned on bringing my laptop to class, but it was just too damn difficult. I have a 12" ibook, and compared to other laptops it's REALLY light and small - but it was still a pain lugging it around campus. On heavy days I bring my balenciaga city - which holds a ton and can be handheld or worn on the shoulder - in it I can carry my normal stuff, makeup etc, plus a notebook, paperback, etc. On lighter days I carry a large Coach hobo - which also holds alot, but not as much as the balenciaga by far. And occasionally I'll use my LV speedy 30 - because it also holds a ton, but I hate I can't wear it on my shoulder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice