I need help fellow tPF'ers....a fabulous wool trench for F/W08

BellaShoes

Stronger for it...
O.G.
Oct 14, 2007
I have turned to you ladies for hair stylists and ankle boots with fabulous results...and now....I am in desperate need for a fabulous wool trench coat for F/W08. I have spent the better part of my life in Southern California needing little to no experience in wool trench coats. Here I am, simply loving our new home in San Francisco BUT I need a wool coat for winter now.

Your favorites, pics and links are in need.... TIA Ladies!;)

i love these two from burberry on nordstrom.com
_5661739.jpg

_5662224.jpg

Are you really set on a trench style? I have last year's lady coat from J. Crew and just purchased the new Greta coat. They are both really lovely and are priced very competitively, considering the quality. I like J Crew because they carry a wide range of sizes and you can go with the thinsulate, if you need a little more warmth.

I recommend the double cloth over the other blends as the coats made out of it are not bulky.

Also, a friend of mine purchased the red wool trench from Banana Republic that is currently on line. It is lovely.

Not a lady, but a guy that has a sister who's a fashion fanatic that got him to look at coats with her.

I suggest you check out coats on Browns.
http://www.brownsfashion.com/pages/category/category.asp?ctgry1=fashion/womens/coats&viewAll=true

You'll be able to locate them in the US, and they'll probably be a bit cheaper, but thats just to get an idea. I'm quite partial to the YSL coat with mink collar, which is close enough to the trench, being chic and feminine at the same time:
http://www.brownsfashion.com/product/fashion/womens/coats/92902.htm
92902_1.jpg

In traditional YSL style, it's classic and chic, yet still has a flare which will always give it a trendy feel.

Thank you ladies... and Vivek too;) snowqueen, the red coat from BR is lovely however I seem to be partial to Burberry's trench as it seems to be a timeless classic. Brigadeiro... thank you for the links. I have checked out burberry and am heading to net a porter now....

More pics and links ladies.... I love the help!