I need help decorating my office wall...

1. My office at work is all white brick walls and the wall behind me is HUGE and I need something to put on it! Any ideas????

I currently have a framed print I bought for $25 that is 32" x 26" (seemed big in the store but got lost on the wall!).

The girl in the office next to me just hung up a beautiful quilt. I hate to copy her, so need to come up with something else.

I am the webmaster for a college and spend about 60 hours a week sitting here -- my home away from home. :sad:

Please help me with an idea! Nothing too expensive but I'm willing to spend about $100 for something else.

The wall is 9' high and 8' wide.

2. How about a tapestry on a rod...

3. That's a nice idea! I wonder if they make huge ones... have to look it up now! Thanks!

4. A beautiful framed scarf, a japanese kimono or robe hung by a rod. Framed artwork from children in your family- whether it's your kids, nieces, nephews, godchildren, etc. A great print already framed from an art museum...

5. my desk walls are decorated with magazine tears of bags and pictures that I like.... it's quite colorful...

6. Does your college have art students? Maybe they can paint a mural on the wall?

7. since you are the college webmaster i suggest items relating to your school. i was thinking of sports shirts, sweater with sports letter, frontpage of college newspaper nicely framed etc.. if you want something more girly i would use plates from the spode blueroom collection (they are available in blue,red, black). in an office i decorated i used the red plates, brass candle sconces and hunt scene pictures. when you have some nice green plants this makes a cheery room. tj maxx and marshalls often have the plates for $7.99 you can't beat that price. good luck.

8. Wow - ya'll have some great ideas!!!! Thank you!!!

I do have all the other walls decorated and pics of my daughter here and there. I have a bulletin board with newspaper clippings of her in sports as well as a couple of drawings she made me. It's just this big blank wall behind me that's icky and plain.

Think I found a couple of things on eBay I might get! One is a tapestry and the other is a quilt (even though I didn't want to be a copy cat :P ).

I do have lots of plants around -- all fake though. (Yes, I buy fakes! LOL! Plants only!)

Love the idea of college merchandise, too... wonder if the bookstore will give me some freebies for advertising! :graucho:

Thank you again!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice