I need help deciding!!!

luluhalabaloo

Jan 26, 2011
Girls, you have to help me. Two questions: I bought this wonderful Fendi Monster Baguette. But I am worried that a) it will be too trendy and I won't be able to wear it next year and if I were to sell it, the value wouldn't be there because it's too trendy, b) it's too young for me (I am 54, but I skew younger and can easily wear trend and do), or c) the fur, the fur, I swore off fur in fashion years ago and only eat organic level 4 meat or eggs because of cruelty to animals and forgot about the fur! I do have a few classic designer bags, but this is a real trend bag, and it isn't cheap...so I am so on the fence for all those reasons! I also bought a Fendi bug (Junior lucy and reasonable price) to update my bag wardrobe with the trend. But do I keep it the monster baguette?

As a second question, I also bought a Cartier Ballon Bleu watch that I love, the pink MOP, see attached. Do I keep it? If I could only keep one, which one would it be?

Thank you so much for your time!!!!

Attachments

• Fendimonster.jpg
    Fendimonster.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 245
  • catierballon.png
    catierballon.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 249
The watch is beautiful, but I adore the baguette :cloud9:

Sorry - I'm no help at all re the ethical or resale concerns :P
All things Fendi Monster seem to sell out though, so I would think it would retain value as a collector piece… ?

They are both lovely but I would pick the watch if you prefer to choose one item.

I personally purchased a few bag bugs as I enjoy the fun they bring to my bag collection which isn't always current season:smile:

I never buy my bags based on resale as there isn't any certainty what resale at be in 3 weeks or 3 years down the road.

PS....I still have my beloved watch that my sweet DH purchased for me 18 years ago:smile:. And I wear it everyday!

I would go for the watch - it's very classic, gorgeous and will never go out of style. As far as the bag, I think it will be outdated and price for it is very high - $3000. And re-sale value on it is not very good - one of the similar bags (mink version that retailed over $4,500) on ebay sold around $2,300 and seller couldn't sell it for several months. I would purchase Chanel or Vuitton instead, that would go with a lot of outfits and will last for many, many years.
Also this bag is made out of metallic leather which will wear out quickly.

The watch. The baguettes feel too young for me and I'm 37.

I also have ethical objections over the fur. There are plenty of fashion trends to follow that don't demand you abandon your beliefs.

I'm your age and also can carry off a few trendy pieces so I get where you are coming from. I love the bugs and bag, and also the watch. The answer is which one are you going to pine after if you don't have? You have the bug so maybe you don't need the bag too? I don't look at things that are unique like that as trendy. I have a Prada sequin bag, that I where during the day sometimes, that others might consider trendy. I just think it's special. You have to decide which one you love the most. I love the watch, but you didn't say what other watches you have. It's a classic by anybodies standards.