I need help deciding...

SoxFan777

j'adore dior
O.G.
Oct 19, 2007
Hey, all!

I need help deciding on a bag... Here are my two choices... I can only keep one and I got them for practically the same price (the second one, the pelham, was $150 more). My problem is the my DH bought me the first one and it was SO SWEET of him.... he's never gotten me a purse before and I'm afraid if I "trade it out" he'll be sad (and not do it again ever!) But really, I do like both bags a LOT so I need to decide...

I'm trying to decide between two black canvas bags. The first one is the Large D-gold. The second is the small pelham. I will try to link to pictures...

gucci.com/images/ecommerce/styles_new/201006/web_full/189835_FFPAG_1000_001_web_full.jpg
gucci.com/images/ecommerce/styles_new/201005/web_full/162900_FAF3G_1000_001_web_full.jpg

Hey guys, i'm new here...
Not sure how to create new topic also, so hopefully you guys don't mind I put my post here.
Here is the question, any one of you know that this gucci bag is considered as classic collection? the one with the navy leather trim.
http://www.gucci.com/us/styles/211137FP47N4075#

Classics are just bags that are on sale for more than one season. This, therefore qualities as a 'classic' :biggrin:

Hey, all!

I need help deciding on a bag... Here are my two choices... I can only keep one and I got them for practically the same price (the second one, the pelham, was $150 more). My problem is the my DH bought me the first one and it was SO SWEET of him.... he's never gotten me a purse before and I'm afraid if I "trade it out" he'll be sad (and not do it again ever!) But really, I do like both bags a LOT so I need to decide...

I'm trying to decide between two black canvas bags. The first one is the Large D-gold. The second is the small pelham. I will try to link to pictures...

gucci.com/images/ecommerce/styles_new/201006/web_full/189835_FFPAG_1000_001_web_full.jpg
gucci.com/images/ecommerce/styles_new/201005/web_full/162900_FAF3G_1000_001_web_full.jpg

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first one!!!! I would totally keep the one he got you! My mom has that same style in the all leather GG in dark brown (large) and every time she wears it I drool lol...........Love that style!!!

although i LOVE the pelham since i have one, im going to say keep the first one your DH got you. RARELY do men ever purchase a handbag for their wives. so take that as a blessing :smile:

Yes, what she said! My DH would probably never buy a Gucci! I doubt very seriously he even knows what a Gucci is!
:lolots:! sadly, since im so OBSESSED about gucci and authenticate all the time, my bf is somewhat knowledgeable! lol, "lucky" for him huh? but its ok, its an EVEN exchange because i engage and watch sports with him;)

although i LOVE the pelham since i have one, im going to say keep the first one your DH got you. RARELY do men ever purchase a handbag for their wives. so take that as a blessing :smile:

ITA!! DH bought me a MBMJ bag once (I told him I wanted it) and this man NEVER would buy me a bag EVER! Needless to say when I got the bag I didn't like it as much as I thought I would since I had only seen it in a catalog so I returned it. He didn't get me another gift to replace it. :sad: I don't think he'll ever get me another bag again. :sad:

To answer your question..I love and have both styles but prefer the single strap of the D gold hobo to the double braided straps of the pelham anyday! I also love that it zips whereas the pelham doesn't. Thus, I say keep the D gold!

i think i'm training my ten year old early...today he saw me bidding on a bag and asked what i was doing...i explained it too him and he asked what my maximum amount was...his face was full of shock!!! ON A POCKETBOOK MOM???!!! my husband just shook his head, i guess he's tired of hearing me say "it'll last forever!" (that doesn't mean we'll carry it EVERYDAY forever!!)