I need help deciding between an Icare and a Carryall

eek160

Queensboro King
Dec 14, 2008
i can't decide on which one to get. i'd basically be using it as a bag to carry to work everyday.
which one is more suitable. does anybody here have both? does anybody have pictures of both side by side so i can get a better comparison?

does anybody here use an icare or a carryall as sort of a briefcase/bag that they carry to work or school everyday?

help. thanks. oh, it would also be helpful if someone could take a pic of themselves carrying the bag. preferably men, because i'm a male. i don't want to walk around looking like i'm carrying my gf's purse and i don't want to look like i'm headed to lga.

I don't have either bag, but I hope I will be able to help you make your decision.

The Icare, is truly a great bag for what you need it for. Though the bag is listed as luggage, it's abilities make it functional for everyday use. There are a few compartments in the bag and there are also quite a number of pockets as well. It would make a great work/school bag. The Carryall, is a great bag as well... but I don't think it will make a great work bag, because it's more of an overnight/gym bag. This bag doesn't really doesn't scream "everyday." If you were going to the gym and wanted to carry a few books or whatever, then the Carryall is great... if not... choose the Icare! :biggrin:

Hope I was able to help! :biggrin:

I have both the carryall and more recently, the iCare.

It really depends on what your needs are. I know you mentioned something for work. I suggest the new iCare for that. The carryall, don't get me wrong, is a great bag but it is limited in size, etc. The iCare was designed to be used as a work bag for files, laptop etc and it is so functional. If you own a pegasse, you can slide it right on.

These bags a both relatively new but as I mentioned, I love the carryall for a smaller keepall for running errands, to store mags etc while travelling. You could use it for work related but again, it is very limited in size and I think the iCare looks more like a work bag. You walk in with a carryall, people may think you have a very large albeit funny looking purse.

I hope that helped

I was looking at both as well, likely as a travel bag but also as a school bag. I was hoping that the carryall came in damier, but when I looked at pics, I realized that it doesn't come with a long strap. I think the handles would dig into the shoulder if the bag were loaded up. The Icare comes in damier (weather proof!), it has a shoulder strap and it looks more roomy. I would go for the Icare! I'm hoping to check it out myself soon.

As an x-owner of the Carryall and a happy recently owner of the Icare I've got to experience both the cons and pros of both bags, especially as for use to work (school). As it might being said, the Carryall isn't that practical when it comes to holding documents, paper, laptop etc since it is so wide instead of high. The Icare though is higher and not that wide, but it really holds a lot. Beside the laptop-pocket it is able to hold a lot of documents and got a front-pocket where you can store your mobile, charger for computer, pencils etc.
And if you, like me, easy get your bag full (and by that it gets heavy) the carryall is not practical to wear unlike the Icare where there's a shoulderstrap you quickly can take off in case you want it as a bag to carry by hand.

I really, really think you should go for the Icare.