I need help choosing my J12, please see inside

that's definitely a strategy! it's so funny how when i bought this watch i was definitely tempted by the j12 BUT it was pretty new and i was like nahhhh it's not gonna have staying power. lo and behold nearly 10 years later there are all of these fun variations! i like the one with the emerald markers and the white with rose gold... but alas, i am lazy. my rolex ain't going anywhere... and there's no way i am buying another watch... would rather have another bag!!! haha

good decision re keeping the white w diamonds and yes get a rolex or something else next :smile:
Thanks for your comment... I think you might be right about the black. However, I am SO close to buying a Rolex and actually my favorite is black with diamond markers.. but I will think an extra time :smile: It might be a good contrast though when I keep the white J12... Hmmm :smile:

ok really? didn't op say she bought it at chanel personally?? eek

I just took a look at your pic more closely. The GMT in that pic is not genuine. The GMT was only offered in white as a 42mm in a production run of 1000. There were no other sizes or versions made. I'm sorry. If you need further proof, let's look at your pic.

j12-2.jpg

The "CHANEL" in the yellow box is too thin of a font. No j12 has such dial printing.

The date numbers in the red box are vertically aligned on every J12 other than those with Piguet movements. Yours is incorrect.

As a former Chanel employee, I can assure you with 100% certainty that it is not a genuine chanel.

Note the dial of a genuine GMT-

gmt.jpg

Furthermore, your watch lacks the inner ring of markings between the bezel and dial, on the "rehaut" area of the watch. The datewheel is also in the completely wrong location.

If you dispute this you can feel free to call Kenneth @ Chanel Fine Jewelry Waikiki Hawaii @ 808-923-3555 or Robin at Chanel Fine Jewelry Encore Las Vegas @ 702-765-5055.

ok really? didn't op say she bought it at chanel personally?? eek

This is really kinda weird.. I got this as a gift after pointing it out myself at Chanel... Following that I went in there to have links taken out and nobody in the store has ever said to me it was fake and I know they wouldn't touch it if they knew. This freaks me out, I will definitely look more into it.

I am staying with my new J12 with diamonds in 33mm... I love it... However, I will for sure get a black 38mm in the future :smile:

This is the exact one that I want! Do you mind me asking how much you paid for this watch? I am saving towards one right now :girlsigh: Also does this come in 38mm automatic?
Hi, this watch DOES come with 38mm automatic. I was seriously considering it, but it's more sporty looking, so doesn't suit my dressing as well as the 33mm.

I paid only USD4815 after 10% discount. I was told by my SA the prices are expected to increase anytime this month. So hurry!

If you want more details, please PM me. This is fashionatic's thread, not very nice to impose. :P

This is really kinda weird.. I got this as a gift after pointing it out myself at Chanel... Following that I went in there to have links taken out and nobody in the store has ever said to me it was fake and I know they wouldn't touch it if they knew. This freaks me out, I will definitely look more into it.

I am staying with my new J12 with diamonds in 33mm... I love it... However, I will for sure get a black 38mm in the future :smile:

It's 100% fake.

I did authentication for Chanel Fine Jewelry, and I have half a dozen of them. I have a master catalog of every model ever made. :smile:

Wow! Impressive....

When I get my J12, can you authenticate for me? Though I got it from Saks, it's mailed to me, so I'm still a little worried, especially after seeing what has happened to OP here...