I Need Help Choosing Between Two Bags

LadyLibra

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
I need a new bag to go with a pair of gorgeous Coach snow boots in Black/Silver Signature. I went to Macy's tonight and saw two bags that I liked - the old style Hailey in Black Leather with Silver HW and the Brooke in Silver/Black Signature with Silver HW. I went with the Brooke because 1) I've always wanted a Brooke and 2) I haven't used my The Sak Silverlake Satchel in Black Leather with Silver HW (it's the older version with the braided handles and detachable shoulder strap).

Price is of no concern. After all applicable discounts, there's only a $4 difference between the two bags after taxes.

However, I live in the Northeast and am wondering if the Brooke, if used on a regular basis, will withstand the harsh Winter weather. So, should I 1) run back to the store first thing in the morning to swap the Brooke for the Hailey or 2) just stick with the Brooke and swap it out for The Sak Silverlake Satchel from time to time?

Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

I need a new bag to go with a pair of gorgeous Coach snow boots in Black/Silver Signature. I went to Macy's tonight and saw two bags that I liked - the old style Hailey in Black Leather with Silver HW and the Brooke in Silver/Black Signature with Silver HW. I went with the Brooke because 1) I've always wanted a Brooke and 2) I haven't used my The Sak Silverlake Satchel in Black Leather with Silver HW (it's the older version with the braided handles and detachable shoulder strap).

Price is of no concern. After all applicable discounts, there's only a $4 difference between the two bags after taxes.

However, I live in the Northeast and am wondering if the Brooke, if used on a regular basis, will withstand the harsh Winter weather. So, should I 1) run back to the store first thing in the morning to swap the Brooke for the Hailey or 2) just stick with the Brooke and swap it out for The Sak Silverlake Satchel from time to time?

Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Oops, my snow boots are Silver/Black Signature and I meant to say exchange the Brooke for the Hailey. BTW, I usually don't go for Coach Signature anymore but my Winter ski jacket is Black with Grey and White accents, so I thought a Signature bag would be both a nice contrast and match my snow boots.

Well, I'd rather have the leather Hailey because I think that would be too much siggy for me (both bag and boots).

But since you already have another black leather bag, how about a splash of colored leather, maybe a red or bright blue bag? Or if bright colors are not your thing, a nice gray or metallic?

Do you have any pictures? Are the siggies the same pattern in the boots and the Brooke?

Thanks for responding!

Here's a link to the exact same pair of boots that I own on ebay (NMA): http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTH-COACH-...en_s_Shoes&hash=item1c180c579f#ht_5953wt_1035

Here's a link to the Brooke on Macy's website: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=633481&CategoryID=46974

Both the Brooke and the boots are in the Silver/Black Signature print. However, the C's on the Brooke are larger than on the boots.

Well, I'd rather have the leather Hailey because I think that would be too much siggy for me (both bag and boots).

But since you already have another black leather bag, how about a splash of colored leather, maybe a red or bright blue bag? Or if bright colors are not your thing, a nice gray or metallic?

Thanks for responding!

My initial thought was the same as yours, that a bag and boots in Signature would be too much. So, I thought about getting the Grey Leather Brooke or the Grey Kristin Leather Hippie that are on Macy's website. However, I don't know how well those bags will match the Grey accents on my coat, my Grey beanie hat and the Silver/Black Signature boots. They seem OK online but I've discovered that online stock photos can be deceiving.

If my coat was solid Black, I probably would have gone for a colored bag but I think adding red or blue to a Black coat that has White and Grey accents would be too much. BTW, the Brooke has a very pretty red lining.

Personally, I would go with the leather Hailey. It is a great, all purpose, all weather bag that will get you through the winter in style!

Thanks for responding!

I appreciate your thoughts on the Hailey. However, after looking at pictures online last night, I came to the conclusion that the Hailey, while a great bag, isn't quite stylish enough for either the coat or boots. I think that The Sak Silverlake Satchel has a bit more style to it and complements them better.

I'm not sure about the winter thing, but I personally like the style of the Brooke much more than the Hailey. I would keep it.

Thanks for responding! I like the style of the Brooke better as well, so I've decided to keep it.

I would stick with the Brooke since you said that you always wanted a Brooke and you don't use your other convertible bag.

Thanks for responding!

I'm going to keep the Brooke and swap it with The Sak Silverlake Satchel on really nasty, snowy days.

Also, I forgot that I have a pair of Coach Silver/Black Signature/Tattersall sneakers, which I can use the Brooke with as well. Sometimes, pairing a Coach Signature bag with Signature boots can be a bit much, but I love pairing Coach Signature sneakers with a Signature bag.