I need help!!! Any animal owners out there??

Traci...

I really think he is just confused...a week is an eternity for a dog (my dog greets me after 5 minutes away like I've been gone for a month).
I understand that he's not a puppy, so he doesn't need to go all the time....
Do you know how long after he drinks that he needs to go (for example, when my dog - 1 yr old- drinks, I know he usually needs to go outside about 2-3 hours later)? Time it so that about 1/2 hour before that you start outside....give him a while, bring him in if he doesn't go. Then watch him like a hawk...if he doesn't pee in the house then take him back out after 15-30 minutes. Keep repeating this until he goes somewhere. If he goes in the house, firmly tell him "no" or "bad boy" (whichever disciplinary word you usually use...keep it to 1-2 words) and then pick him up and say "outside" (or whatever word you use for going outside) and leave him out there for awhile. (then I usually feel bad for yelling and give him big kisses and hugs and say things like "good boys go outside"). He will begin to associate the good things with going outside,.
He probably feels guilty and isn't sure what is wrong and why you're mad!

Also...as a last resort, you could start crate training!
My dog loves his "bed" as we call it!

My cat Louis used to do that when he was a kitten. (It's weird, because cats know how to use a litter box when they're very young.) We honestly thought something was wrong with him. We even put the litter box near the food. (I don't really think that's a good idea for us. If anything that DETERRED him from using it).

Turned out, he didn't like the litter we were using. We got some new litter, put it in a foil turkey pan and locked him in the bathroom until he used it. We let him out when he did.

Try putting him and a puppy pad in the bathroom and don't let him out until he uses it.

I have three dogs....two Keeshonds and a Collie mix and I think most dogs figure out that sooner or later they need to do their business outside.

Having said that, I think a medical problem might be considered. My female Keeshond was almost seven years old before a vet figured out her problem. She too peed in the house without rhyme or reason. As time went on she developed diarrhea, Well, after much testing it was determined that she has moderae inflammatory bowel disease. Her medication and diet have solved the problem!

The interteresting part is that the peeing in the house is not thought to be a symptom of her IBD. But..... once she began her medicine we haven't had any more epidodes!!!! And it's been just about a year now.

Good luck with your precious little baby! I'm sure he wants to do the right thing for you, but he either needs a little more time or a consultation with a vet. A urinary tract infection should be ruled out.

Best wishes.