i need advice on whether a not so pristine bag is worth buying and can it be cleaned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads like this irritate me. I thought we were not allowed to discuss the condition of bags on fleabay? It is not nice to pick apart someone's listing~ especially when the listing was written and described as honest as possible. What may be your preferences for what you would pay should be your own business. This is the type of thread that reminds me of when "Achtung" was around and it turned everything into a nightmare causing many honest sellers and buyers nothing but grief.

Threads like this irritate me. I thought we were not allowed to discuss the condition of bags on fleabay? It is not nice to pick apart someone's listing~ especially when the listing was written and described as honest as possible. What may be your preferences for what you would pay should be your own business. This is the type of thread that reminds me of when "Achtung" was around and it turned everything into a nightmare causing many honest sellers and buyers nothing but grief.

I agree 100%. I'm confused as to why the "Finds" thread is restricted to no chatter, but there are other threads with lots of chatter about ebay auctions (such as threads like this, plus the bbag authenticating thread). It really does have an impact on the buyers and sellers.

My original post before I deleted it was along this line but I chickened out. You got more balls than me girlie! :woohoo:

"What may be your preferences for what you would pay should be your own business."
I agree 100% with this.
I think this thread was intended just to ask for advice, but this kind of threads with discussions of the bags, etc.. can, indeed, cause grief to the sellers and buyers and create dif. opinions. I think the op doesnt now about the past problems in Achtung , etc..

:tup::yes::yes::yes:

^^ ITA!!! :girlsigh:

make it another :tup::yes:

For anyone who hasn't been around for a while, there was a section in the Bal subforum that got shut down because of a lot of drama and other stuff. Contributing mainly to the issues were threads such as this.

I 100% agree. I think this thread started innocently but it's getting out of hands. It really reminds me of all the mess that happened on Achtung before it was closed. Too many grief to both sellers and buyers.
Also, if this thread goes on it is very likely that similar threads about other bags will be started, and honestly I am not realy looking forward to seeing this kind of trend set here. Sorry, but that's just MHO.

For the newer members here, here is a link to a post by Vlad - this was when things got out of hand in the Balenciaga forum:

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/balenciaga-i-am-trying-to-figure-you-out-138429.html

I agree that this thread started out innocently enough. And I agree that everyone has an opinion on the condition of a bag that may currently be available on Ebay or another auction site. But while that auction is ongoing, I don't think this is the place for the discussion. Again, I thought this type of activity was prohibited. Just because this thread isn't in the Shopping section, this doesn't mean that the rules should not apply.

It is very hurtful to a seller to see her bag taken apart, criticized, etc. I have sold a lot on Ebay, and I have never had one of my items ripped apart like this. It is up to the seller what price that they put on a handbag. The marketplace will determine its worth, and that marketplace is always evolving. And when certain people may be trashing an item, you never know what their agenda is. Perhaps they are waiting for the relist of the item? I am reporting this thread, and I hope that it will be closed.

oh no! i'm so sorry! i didn't want it to get out of hand! and i had no idea..that is why i hadn't posted what bag it was that i was looking at or even that it WAS on ebay..i just made it as vague as possible so it wouldn't be picked apart..i'm so sorry! i didn't want anyone to bash the seller or anything..i just wanted to know if others would have bought a bag for a lot more if it was pretty used..i'm sorry to everyone and to the seller..

Well, the seller's a lovely and well-liked and well-respected Pfer who knows her bags and knows how infrequently these come up. And to be fair, the OP didn't identify the bag or the seller: it was someone else along the way. So, maybe we should just cool it on this bag before someone has to close the thread. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.