I need a new "teacher" bag ...

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello there :smile:

I have been carrying my LV Luco Tote for years now as my primary work/teacher bag. On most days, it works well for me. However, I sometimes find it isn't as wide as I would like it to be. I don't need to carry too much, but more often than not, I have a HUGE stack of papers that I need to take home with me to grade (I know, I should just stop assigning so much!). I need to fit a MacBook Air, a few notebooks, correcting pens, and a pile of papers in the bag. I love that the Luco zippers and feels very structured (it will stand up straight when I place it down).

I have been scouring the forum, the LV site, and I am really struggling to find the right replacement.

The bag needs to meet the following requirements:
    1. At least as large as the Luco.
    2. Zippered closure.
    3. More structured over less (but, may be willing to compromise on this one, as I can use a base shaper?).
    4. Comfortable to carry - straps shouldn't be too thin (i.e. Neverfull).

I have thought about the All-In, but I am concerned about some reviews of it being very flimsy? I have also looked at the Totally, but I really do not like that style. I am willing to hunt for a discontinued/pre-loved style if the style is what works for me.

I would love to hear your suggestions :smile: Thanks in advance!

cheidel likes this.
  2. Rachel109 and Melanie like this.
  3. @cbarrus Thank you for your suggestion :smile: I will definitely look into it!

cbarrus likes this.
  4. What about the Raspail? I just learned about this bag. I believe it is discontinued, but I've seen some on the pre-loved market, and it looks like it might fit your needs.

Melanie likes this.
  5. When I taught, my teacher bag was either a vintage Cabas Mezzo or a NF GM. I found that both were quite comfortable to use. Not sure if you’re new to teaching or not, but one thing I forced myself to do by my second year was to take less home! I tried an alternating grading schedule of using my conference period, my lunch, and the 45 mandatory minutes I had to stay after school. This allowed me to take little to nothing home! Good luck and I hope you find the perfect bag!!!

Queensmama and Melanie like this.
  6. @NLVOEWITHLV Thank you for the suggestions! I am hesitant of the NF GM because it doesn't have a zipper, but maybe I will revisit! I am going into year 19 for teaching! I have tried and tried to limit what I bring home, but with two AP courses and one Honors course (along with my two academic courses), I am constantly behind with grading!

7. Wow congrats on 19 years!!! It really sounds like you have your hands full. I only had 2 preps, E2 level and AP E2. The NF was perfect for me, what I did was place 6th and 7th period stack of papers on the bottom kind of curved then I put 1st and 2nd period on one side and 3rd and 4th on the other side.

Melanie likes this.
  8. FYI I also never took my district computer home. Oh yeah, and aren’t we all always behind on grading ;)

BrilliantGoddess and Melanie like this.
  9. I use a Longchamp tote along with my LV. The leather straps are very comfy. I don’t carry a laptop - just a few binders. I also have a cart I use occasionally to load up if I need to.

Melfontana, PurpleLilac and Melanie like this.
  10. The LV Cabas Alto has nice soft wide straps, but an open top. The Cabas Mezzo has a zip top, nice wide straps also. Both are discontinued bags, and I often see both preloved on Fashionphile or Malleries. I have the Cabas Alto in Mono, and the Cabas Mezzo in DE. I also understand your feelings about the thin straps of the NF, but I have soft vachetta strap covers on my Mono NF GM, and it’s very comfortable to carry even when I load it up for travel. My friend had the All-In, but she returned it because it is very flimsy. Hope you find the bag that works for you. :smile:

Melanie likes this.
  11. @dramaprincess713 Thank you for the suggestion! I am not overly familiar with that bag, so I will definitely check it out :smile:

dramaprincess713 likes this.
  12. cheidel likes this.
  13. Thanks! Most days, I do love teaching, so it makes it easier ;)

I end up taking my laptop home more than I want because of attending meetings at central office or other locations ... I need to work on that!

14. Oh. I usually carried my MacBook because it’s lighter and I could log into all my district operating systems with certain usernames and passcodes. I hated our big computers!

Melanie likes this.
  15. How about the Iena MM? I have one and love it.

Melanie likes this.