i need a new look!

any opinions on the new look?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/kallison/random011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/kallison/random007.jpg
it's not nearly as blonde in this pic...can't seem to get it in a pic...oh well.

Yeah, the blond doesn't seem noticeable in the pics. Don't you think with a major change, it takes us awhile to get used to seeing ourselves differently? I had a body wave (see--completely opposite of you--I pay someone to curl my hair). At first I didn't like it but once I got used to it, it was fine.

I think you look beautiful, but I've never had the hair texture or curliness you describe, so I don't know how hard it is to care for it. Be glad it's thick, tho, 'cause hair usually thins over time. Your eyes are stunning.:yes:

i really like the highlights and the cut doesn't look bad at all...although i'm sure it's a pain to straighten all the time. it sucks to not get what you want/are expecting, but it really doesn't look bad.

It's hard to tell because the avatar pic is so much smaller. I think I like the former look better because your facial features stand out. It sounds like you could use a stylist who knows how to handle your hair and cut it to best advantage. Maybe let it grow a bit from the current length. How long is it in the avatar pic? Is your hair naturally dark brown or is there a little auburn in it?

as for the facial features...yes, they stood out more because i was 30 lbs lighter. and gaining weight changed my face...
it's a little longer than chin length right now. and it's naturally dark brown, no auburn.
i feel ugly now...

Well you don't look ugly to any of us. Give the new look some time--a drastic change takes awhile to get used to. Personally I think dark brown hair is lovely--Angelina Jolie! And if highlights are done right (I recall the bad old days of "frosting" our hair) it can really enhance. Too bad we can't see the real blond in the pics. Brown eyes look good with any color hair. My natural color is dull brown and my eyes are a nothing green/hazel. You start with a better palette of color than most of us. And your smile is gorgeous.

I wish you could see yourself the way we see you. That doesn't mean change isn't good for us. Do you go to a salon that is usually good?(You said she didn't listen when you said you didn't want your hair razored) Maybe there's a better place in your area where they can work with the positives of your hair (thick, good color, natural curl).

Be patient (that's so hard) and see how you like the new look. The great thing is that hair grows and we can change our minds if we want to. And I'm not denying your feelings, but you are not ugly!:heart:

You must be naturally curly because I had the same exact problems! you should give the curly thing a try, I started using devachan products after a trip to their salon and never went back to straight since then, its like a whole system but it works really well (Devachan Departure Lounge & Spa) but anyhow, I do love your new look I still think it looks good either way

everyone who knows me seems to love it...and i'm starting to like it, too. i have NO idea how some stupid highlights can boost my self-esteem (especially when i started out hating them), but it has! i feel ridiculously confident right now.

lizlikeshugs, not sure about her tops. i can ask her when i see her in class thursday. but i'm pretty sure they're just something she picked up at tj maxx or something.

^^^^^That list of research and writing you're doing makes me glad I'm not in college or grad school anymore. I don't know where I found the discipline to finish anything! Good for you!:yahoo:

So glad you're liking the highlights. I think we're programmed to resist change.

i considered it an absolute miracle that i finished my theory paper. though i suppose 2 hours of sleep in 72 hours might account for that...
my only HUGE thing left to do is for abnormal psych. its due tuesday...i should probably start doing that. :P