I need a new bag...should I go for the B30?

Monceau

O.G.
Jun 26, 2012
It's that time of year again, podium is upon us and I am down to the wire on deciding between a B30 and B35...

I need a black tote that won't need to be babied, so whichever size I choose will be black Togo.

I would like something with the proportions similar to the Plume 32 and HAC 32. I'm hoping that someone here can enlighten me on how a B30 compares with these two bags. I have some concerns that a B30 will look too small on me (I'm 6 ft/ 130 lbs) I know that I can carry a 35, but I'm just not sure I want that much bag. In kellys, I always go with 32, but the K is a dressier bag than the B. For weekend casual, I want something that looks a little bigger than the k32. I need a bag with enough presence to balance a casual outfit, not huge, but not tiny looking, either

So, with that plume 32/ HAC 32 ideal size in mind, would a B30 be a good choice, or should I go for a 35 and have room to spare? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!:smile:

I think a 30 would look nice on you, but I think of the 30 as more of a bag and the 35 as more of a tote. It depends how much you want to carry in a bag...I found I had to edit contents a bit for a B30

with your height and slim build (from memory of your action shots), you can definitely carry both b35 and b30. i think b30 will look small on you if and when you wear winter gear (i.e. if u live in a cold climate most of the time!). if you wear light summery outfits all the time then b30 will be just fine imho.

i am nowhere as tall as you but i do find the b30 small looking when i am wearing thick coats in winter time. b30 is also not sufficient to hold winter gear such as gloves, scarves, earmuffs, umbrella, thermos flask etc... hth.

as an example, peony lim is tall (probably not 6ft though) but she carries her b25, b30, b35 and b40 equally well.

As a taller lady myself, I am interested to see the responses posted here. Maybe with pictures? :smile: Enjoy your hunt, Monceau! :hugs:

Thanks, dear! I have been studying the threads but it is amazing how different a particular bag looks from different angles/ perspectives. I have not seen a b30 IRL, hence the dilemma.

I think a 30 would look nice on you, but I think of the 30 as more of a bag and the 35 as more of a tote. It depends how much you want to carry in a bag...I found I had to edit contents a bit for a B30

Good point! The B30 can probably venture beyond the casual tote outing.

with your height and slim build (from memory of your action shots), you can definitely carry both b35 and b30. i think b30 will look small on you if and when you wear winter gear (i.e. if u live in a cold climate most of the time!). if you wear light summery outfits all the time then b30 will be just fine imho.

i am nowhere as tall as you but i do find the b30 small looking when i am wearing thick coats in winter time. b30 is also not sufficient to hold winter gear such as gloves, scarves, earmuffs, umbrella, thermos flask etc... hth.

as an example, peony lim is tall (probably not 6ft though) but she carries her b25, b30, b35 and b40 equally well.

Thank you, chincac you always have the most sage advice!
I don't live in a winter-heavy climate, but I am thinking of this as a fall/ winter bag, because I rarely carry black bags in the spring and summer. I want to look proportionate, so perhaps the 35 would be best for this purpose and then I could do a 30 in a light color next time around. This is where I get into trouble- I start dreaming of my next purchase before I even finish the current one! :P

I think you would look great with either one. Its more of a question of how much you want to carry around. If for example you need to use it tote around work papers sometimes then go for the 35, if its just going to be your weekend tote for running around town than the 30 would work too.

I think you would look great with either one. Its more of a question of how much you want to carry around. If for example you need to use it tote around work papers sometimes then go for the 35, if its just going to be your weekend tote for running around town than the 30 would work too.
Thank you!
I don't carry much on a daily basis: wallet, keys, phone, karo GM...Sometimes my iPad mini and its nice to have room for a scarf or shawl. It's rare that I would carry anything beyond that, so both sizes probably work from a utilitarian standpoint.

Darling you MUST try a B30 on first for yourself. The size difference visually between a 30 and 35 will be a SHOCK if you do not prepare yourself. I am 5'7, 135 and when I was presented with a B30... the reaction from friends was OMG it's soooooo small. For me, I was prepared bc I had tried a B30 before and for me... it's absolute perfection. I will NEVER buy another size. I don't carry much so that's not an issue but if I wanted to load up my 30s I can. It holds a lot if you want. If you can use a K32, a B30 is very comparable. The K isn't as wide as the B so I don't think that will be an issue for you at all. I really think it's going to boil down to the visual difference. I love it but I would never tell someone to get something they have never tried themselves bc you have to feel confident to rock it. Is there any way you can try one on first???? Have you ever tried a Garden Party 30? It's similar visually.....

Darling you MUST try a B30 on first for yourself. The size difference visually between a 30 and 35 will be a SHOCK if you do not prepare yourself. I am 5'7, 135 and when I was presented with a B30... the reaction from friends was OMG it's soooooo small. For me, I was prepared bc I had tried a B30 before and for me... it's absolute perfection. I will NEVER buy another size. I don't carry much so that's not an issue but if I wanted to load up my 30s I can. It holds a lot if you want. If you can use a K32, a B30 is very comparable. The K isn't as wide as the B so I don't think that will be an issue for you at all. I really think it's going to boil down to the visual difference. I love it but I would never tell someone to get something they have never tried themselves bc you have to feel confident to rock it. Is there any way you can try one on first???? Have you ever tried a Garden Party 30? It's similar visually.....
This is really good to know- thanks, dear!
I'm not concerned about the utilitarian aspect, because I just don't carry much, but it is the visual that I wonder about. Chin made a good point about coats/ winter items, so I'm thinking perhaps the Black birkin should be a 35 and then I can plan a different color in a 30 for the following podium? Perhaps by then I will have a chance to see/ hold one IRL.

I have a HAC 32 which is such a great size. I though that the B30 would be pretty close visually to the HAC 32, but I found a few pics where the B30 looks quite a bit smaller than the HAC 32...

I think you are right- safest to see it on myself and then I will have a reason to order one at the next podium!

Also, let me add this. When I was trying to decide on an Evvie, I did what you are doing now and asked other pfers around my height/size if a pm or gm was right. The response was amazing and honest and pics were great. HOWEVER.... when I got it... it was just wrong wrong wrong Too big...hung on my body weird.... just awkward. I loved the color and had never tried it on. It was a DISASTER. This is a B30 we're talking about so you MUST try it on or something similar. Only YOU know how you feel when it's on your arm.

I think Glamourbag is similar to your size and she has both sizes... and they look amazing on her. I know I wouldn't tell u a 30 looks bad on your frame bc it won't... but what I say is irrelevant.

Also, let me add this. When I was trying to decide on an Evvie, I did what you are doing now and asked other pfers around my height/size if a pm or gm was right. The response was amazing and honest and pics were great. HOWEVER.... when I got it... it was just wrong wrong wrong Too big...hung on my body weird.... just awkward. I loved the color and had never tried it on. It was a DISASTER. This is a B30 we're talking about so you MUST try it on or something similar. Only YOU know how you feel when it's on your arm.

I think Glamourbag is similar to your size and she has both sizes... and they look amazing on her. I know I wouldn't tell u a 30 looks bad on your frame bc it won't... but what I say is irrelevant.
I think you are so right! It's a pricey item, so I want to be sure I will love it. If there is a price increase this year, it's going to happen before anything will arrive from this podium anyway, so better to wait until the June/July podium and find a way to try one before then.

I would highly recommend u to try it yourself if possible! B30 fits a lot if u want to fill it all up. When I received my B30 my 2 tall friends, both about 5'9, tried on the bag and surprisingly it didn't look that small on them! I'm short :smile: just 5'3. Here's how a B30 Togo looks on me with my "winter gear" :smile:
With the sides all out the bag looks bigger actually.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1452462033.643104.jpg

The B30 Togo is "heavy" enough for me so I definitely wouldn't go for a B35 Togo if u concerns abt the weight.
But yes definitely try a sample if u could. Good luck!