I need a new bag...should I go for the B30?

I have tried on B35 in exotics and a B30 togo and I have a HAC 32. While I'm nowhere near as tall as you, I've got a curvy shape and B35 is likely what I "should" carry but my next podium order will be a black B30. For me, it's going to be a more petite ladylike bag as I have plenty of roomy large casual bags. I'd love a smooth leather but will probably take Togo if that is the only option.

I considered another HAC in black as there are plenty available but I want something that's more comfortable for carrying on my arm over heavier coats so I'm looking at the B because of it's longer handles. I can jam it up my arm only so far with a winter coat on.

With your fabulous height and slim build from your scarf photos, I think B30 would look awesome on you but I think a lighter color B30 and black B35 would be a great solution as well. And I know what you mean about ordering this one while thinking about what's next!

I think you can definitely do a 30, but be prepared for the difference between 30 and 35.
Your thread brings back old memories, when I was looking for my first B. several years ago.
When H. showed me a 30 B. for the very first time, I could not say no fast enough.
I thought it was really way too small, compared to a 35. (I'm about 5,6" btw).
So my first B. was a Black 35 B. I still love that bag, but my second and other B's are all 30's.
I love that size, and I find a 30 appears bigger in brigter colours, which works for me.
You should try a 30 yourself if you have the possibility. But be open minded, as your first thought will probably be that it is so small.
But as I said, based on what you carry around, I think a 30 would definitely work for you.
Do you have an option to place a special order? Because if you do, you might want to consider black Chèvre if you want to go for black.

Good luck, I hope you will like the 30 size as much as I do :smile:.

I love your idea of a black 35b now and a light 30cm B later!! IMHO a 35cm B will have more presence with your statuesque frame.

Thanks, I am really gravitating towards this idea now, aaaaaand...it gives me the opportunity to plan a B30 later:smile:

I have tried on B35 in exotics and a B30 togo and I have a HAC 32. While I'm nowhere near as tall as you, I've got a curvy shape and B35 is likely what I "should" carry but my next podium order will be a black B30. For me, it's going to be a more petite ladylike bag as I have plenty of roomy large casual bags. I'd love a smooth leather but will probably take Togo if that is the only option.

I considered another HAC in black as there are plenty available but I want something that's more comfortable for carrying on my arm over heavier coats so I'm looking at the B because of it's longer handles. I can jam it up my arm only so far with a winter coat on.

With your fabulous height and slim build from your scarf photos, I think B30 would look awesome on you but I think a lighter color B30 and black B35 would be a great solution as well. And I know what you mean about ordering this one while thinking about what's next!

Thanks, dear! The HAC 32 is just perfect in so many ways- I like the size and the N/S configuratation. I keep suggesting to my SM that they should bring back the HAC 32, or do a Birkin 32...
I'm going to plot out how I intend to use the bag- I'll probably go with the black 35 now and perhaps something unique in the 30 later. All fall, I've thought I would like a black bag that is more casual than my K32 but a little more polished than an Evie and hand carry. I guess there are worse problems in life than choosing between a B30 and B35, lol! :P

Thanks, I am really gravitating towards this idea now, aaaaaand...it gives me the opportunity to plan a B30 later:smile:

Thanks, dear! The HAC 32 is just perfect in so many ways- I like the size and the N/S configuratation. I keep suggesting to my SM that they should bring back the HAC 32, or do a Birkin 32...
I'm going to plot out how I intend to use the bag- I'll probably go with the black 35 now and perhaps something unique in the 30 later. All fall, I've thought I would like a black bag that is more casual than my K32 but a little more polished than an Evie and hand carry. I guess there are worse problems in life than choosing between a B30 and B35, lol! :P

I know, I love the HAC so much. I just need like 2 more inches on the handle drop with my winter coats! 32cm is such a great size. I had the same feeling this Fall, I want a nice hand carry black bag from H to round out my forever collection.

The first time I saw B30, I thought the SA made a mistake and showed us the B25 by mistake, as she had been wanting to show us one. Be aware like the others have warned. B35 is a great work bag.

I would say the B30 is comparable in size to the celine micro and the B35 is comparable to the Celine mini, though the Celine Mini flares a tad more. Have fun with this wonderful dilemma.

I wish I were tall like you! I'm 160cm and have birkins 25, 30 and 35. The 35 is ok on me according to my friends and hubby. When I look in the mirror I think I don't look weird neither so I think I'm fine. I believe you can carry both 30 and 35, the 30 would probably have the same look as a 25 would on someone shorter like me.

Thank you!
I don't carry much on a daily basis: wallet, keys, phone, karo GM...Sometimes my iPad mini and its nice to have room for a scarf or shawl. It's rare that I would carry anything beyond that, so both sizes probably work from a utilitarian standpoint.

I think a B30 would be wonderful for you. All my B's are 30's (with one 25) and I think it's the perfect size. Holds just the right amount, not too heavy, and can work for (casual) evenings. I just love mine.

Lucky you!!!

I have a Plume 32 and a B30, and had the opportunity to extensively handle a (black) Togo B35 and K32 this wknd and compare the 4.

IMHO B30 does not have the same look as a Plume 32. B30 looks like a handbag (albeit a large one), much like the K32, while B35 looks and functions like a tote/work bag, much like the Plume 32. Also B35 is heavy in Togo. If you are weight sensitive I'd echo what someone said earlier about considering Chevre.

Hope this helps dear, best of luck with your decision, it's very exciting regardless of what you choose! [emoji8]

Do you want a B35 in your collection? If yes, there's no better color than Black in B35, its tres chic!
I upsized my Black B30 to B35 last year 'cos I really like the carefree vibes black B exudes in the larger size and this is coming from me who have a perference for the smaller B30 mostly.
There is no right or wrong size, it all boils down to personal preference.

It's that time of year again, podium is upon us and I am down to the wire on deciding between a B30 and B35...

I need a black tote that won't need to be babied, so whichever size I choose will be black Togo.

I would like something with the proportions similar to the Plume 32 and HAC 32. I'm hoping that someone here can enlighten me on how a B30 compares with these two bags. I have some concerns that a B30 will look too small on me (I'm 6 ft/ 130 lbs) I know that I can carry a 35, but I'm just not sure I want that much bag. In kellys, I always go with 32, but the K is a dressier bag than the B. For weekend casual, I want something that looks a little bigger than the k32. I need a bag with enough presence to balance a casual outfit, not huge, but not tiny looking, either

So, with that plume 32/ HAC 32 ideal size in mind, would a B30 be a good choice, or should I go for a 35 and have room to spare? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!:smile:
my first birkin was 35 in togo and to be honest sometimes i feel it doesn't keep its shape well, so after that i decided that i would wanna go for a Epsom in 30 on my next B purchase and got myself a B30 in Epsom. I think B30 you can carry it anytime day or night and as you said you don't need more room in the bag. If i was you, I would go for B30 anytime! And to be on the safe side, if possible you should try the both sizes on you and decide. Good luck dear! keep us posted once you decide:biggrin:

Darling you MUST try a B30 on first for yourself. The size difference visually between a 30 and 35 will be a SHOCK if you do not prepare yourself. I am 5'7, 135 and when I was presented with a B30... the reaction from friends was OMG it's soooooo small. For me, I was prepared bc I had tried a B30 before and for me... it's absolute perfection. I will NEVER buy another size. I don't carry much so that's not an issue but if I wanted to load up my 30s I can. It holds a lot if you want. If you can use a K32, a B30 is very comparable. The K isn't as wide as the B so I don't think that will be an issue for you at all. I really think it's going to boil down to the visual difference. I love it but I would never tell someone to get something they have never tried themselves bc you have to feel confident to rock it. Is there any way you can try one on first???? Have you ever tried a Garden Party 30? It's similar visually.....
I so agree with you:biggrin:

I think you can definitely do a 30, but be prepared for the difference between 30 and 35.
Your thread brings back old memories, when I was looking for my first B. several years ago.
When H. showed me a 30 B. for the very first time, I could not say no fast enough.
I thought it was really way too small, compared to a 35. (I'm about 5,6" btw).
So my first B. was a Black 35 B. I still love that bag, but my second and other B's are all 30's.
I love that size, and I find a 30 appears bigger in brigter colours, which works for me.
You should try a 30 yourself if you have the possibility. But be open minded, as your first thought will probably be that it is so small.
But as I said, based on what you carry around, I think a 30 would definitely work for you.
Do you have an option to place a special order? Because if you do, you might want to consider black Chèvre if you want to go for black.

Good luck, I hope you will like the 30 size as much as I do :smile:.

Unfortunately, not going to have time to try a B30 before my SM heads to podium, so I'm really leaning towards the B35 for this PO and then hopefully a SO next time of a 30 in Chèvre, hopefully as a way to add some color to my collection!

The first time I saw B30, I thought the SA made a mistake and showed us the B25 by mistake, as she had been wanting to show us one. Be aware like the others have warned. B35 is a great work bag.

I would say the B30 is comparable in size to the celine micro and the B35 is comparable to the Celine mini, though the Celine Mini flares a tad more. Have fun with this wonderful dilemma.

Thank you! This is very helpful. I have several black bags that work when I need to carry something smaller: k32, Chanel m/l and a black woc, so a roomy black bag like a 35 would probably give me something I don't have.

I wish I were tall like you! I'm 160cm and have birkins 25, 30 and 35. The 35 is ok on me according to my friends and hubby. When I look in the mirror I think I don't look weird neither so I think I'm fine. I believe you can carry both 30 and 35, the 30 would probably have the same look as a 25 would on someone shorter like me.

Thanks, dear! There are so many times I wish I weren't so tall, especially when shopping for sweaters and jeans- it's not always easy to find things! your collection sounds wonderful and you have covered all of the bases, which is always wise!

I think a B30 would be wonderful for you. All my B's are 30's (with one 25) and I think it's the perfect size. Holds just the right amount, not too heavy, and can work for (casual) evenings. I just love mine.

The weight thing is definitely a plus about the 30! I also like the thought of a day to night piece.

Lucky you!!!

I have a Plume 32 and a B30, and had the opportunity to extensively handle a (black) Togo B35 and K32 this wknd and compare the 4.

IMHO B30 does not have the same look as a Plume 32. B30 looks like a handbag (albeit a large one), much like the K32, while B35 looks and functions like a tote/work bag, much like the Plume 32. Also B35 is heavy in Togo. If you are weight sensitive I'd echo what someone said earlier about considering Chevre.

Hope this helps dear, best of luck with your decision, it's very exciting regardless of what you choose! [emoji8]

Lots of wonderful info here, thank you!
I have a plume 32 as well and think it is a great size. I know the plume and the Birkin have totally different looks, but in terms of dimensions, would you say your Plume 32 looks proportionately bigger, smaller, or the same as your B30?

Do you want a B35 in your collection? If yes, there's no better color than Black in B35, its tres chic!
I upsized my Black B30 to B35 last year 'cos I really like the carefree vibes black B exudes in the larger size and this is coming from me who have a perference for the smaller B30 mostly.
There is no right or wrong size, it all boils down to personal preference.

A black 35 is just so classic, and I am really leaning towards the 35 for this podium and perhaps a 30 later, once I've had the chance to see the 30 IRL.

my first birkin was 35 in togo and to be honest sometimes i feel it doesn't keep its shape well, so after that i decided that i would wanna go for a Epsom in 30 on my next B purchase and got myself a B30 in Epsom. I think B30 you can carry it anytime day or night and as you said you don't need more room in the bag. If i was you, I would go for B30 anytime! And to be on the safe side, if possible you should try the both sizes on you and decide. Good luck dear! keep us posted once you decide:biggrin:

I figured that Togo would get a bit slouchy in a 35, but I would be fine with a bit of slouch. Don't think I could handle a 35B in Clemence. Love Clemence, but I want more shape for my B. Epsom is light and keeps a great shape, so it must be perfect for the 30!:smile: