I need a Mommy Bag!

I've been using a Kate Spade diaper bag and I love it. It has external pockets for bottles, internal pockets for diapers, wipes and whatever else needed. It's also big enough for me since I like to pack a lot.

I'd make 2 changes if I could -- add a crossbody strap (easily done by hooking onto the internal hooks) and adding an external cell phone pocket. I wish there was a small zippered pocket on the outside which I could stow my phone... I'm forever losing it in the big bag.

When I had a baby, I never found a designated diaper bag I liked. I'm not a fan of pockets because it makes things harder for me to find. I prefer pouches I can move from bag to bag . I used landsend-type totes and a fossil fabric crossbody. If I had a baby now, I'd get a longchamp medium, a MBMJ Natasha or ukita (maybe the nylon)... Depending on what size I wanted.

I never carried much because I kept backups in the car.

Vera Bradley has the best diaper bags. Lightweight, durable, can b washed. Can be squeezed in small places if need be. It's soft too which is good if placed next to the baby. The hard leather structured bags just are not good and tend to weigh u down. Even soft leather or coated canvas is heavier...and every bit of excess weight counts when u have to haul baby essentials! Yes Vera Bradley isn't for everyone, but it's a diaper bag and doesn't need to be showy.

I love the speedy :smile: I have a 35 speedy and I recently inserted a bag insert organizer into it and find that it can hold a lot of stuff. Good choice for a mommy bag. Sometimes I add a strap onto it to make it hands free as well :smile:
Hi. I have an empreinte speedy 30 that I use as my diaper bag for short trips out. I carry the following in it : change pad, wipes container, change of clothes for baby, diapers, bottle, formula dispenser, rattle or toy, my wallet, keys, phone etc. Its a lightweight bag, looks good and holds a lot.

Thank you for your reply and Ohh M Geeee I totally never thought about putting a strap on the delightful. It's actually revolutionary lol. I actually have a keepall strap too. I'm going to try that, though I'm not sure if it will look weird because my delightful is the biggest size. I just googled pictures and the examples I saw were on the medium sized one. I'm going to try pairing the strap with the bag *fingers crossed* that it will look good! Btw I love the longchamp Le Pliage, that is an excellent choice and the Theodore bag is adorable, I love colourful bags, they compliment any plain outfit so well :smile:

I've noticed a few moms carrying LV Totally & LV Palermo and also, on my friends' bag blog a woman told she's changed the strap on her Delightful for a longer, messenger-style strap and it was now her favorite mommy bag. All of them seem good choices - I myself might gravitate towards my Lumi Supermarket bag or a Longchamp Le Pliage. Although Lumi has come up with such fab colors for their Theodore bag that I'm having trouble getting one, mommy or not... :giggles:

Guess what? I put the strap on and it's perfect! It seems a little big from the side view but it's definitely the most comfortable bag now. Thanks for the recommendation your the best!:biggrin:

I've noticed a few moms carrying LV Totally & LV Palermo and also, on my friends' bag blog a woman told she's changed the strap on her Delightful for a longer, messenger-style strap and it was now her favorite mommy bag. All of them seem good choices - I myself might gravitate towards my Lumi Supermarket bag or a Longchamp Le Pliage. Although Lumi has come up with such fab colors for their Theodore bag that I'm having trouble getting one, mommy or not... :giggles:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1383022104.131782.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1383022120.532852.jpg

Yes I agree it's hard to settle on one bag for everyday, I've been using the popular Samorga organizer and have been moving that from bag to bag. Id have to say that i love that thing. Any organizer with a lot of pockets really helps especially because most bags only have one small inside pocket. :smile:

When I had a baby, I never found a designated diaper bag I liked. I'm not a fan of pockets because it makes things harder for me to find. I prefer pouches I can move from bag to bag . I used landsend-type totes and a fossil fabric crossbody. If I had a baby now, I'd get a longchamp medium, a MBMJ Natasha or ukita (maybe the nylon)... Depending on what size I wanted.

That's actually what I do as well since I can't settle on an everyday perfect mommy bag. I've been using the popular Samorga organizer and have been moving that from bag to bag, it really helps me organize. Love that thing!

Guess what? I put the strap on and it's perfect! It seems a little big from the side view but it's definitely the most comfortable bag now. Thanks for the recommendation your the best!:biggrin:

View attachment 2381302View attachment 2381303
Yayyy great! :biggrin: Glad I could help. I think the bag will look even better once you stuff it with everything you need to lug with you. With room to spare, which is never a bad thing (in case you do some improptu shopping etc)...

Look at the not rational bags. They are gorgeous and totally look like handbags. They run about $700 but I have three and bought all on eBay VERY gently used for under $100 each. They are my favorite. I have had a lot if diaper bags and those were by far the best in my opinion