I need a large Mabel!

Rikachan

Oct 8, 2008
Hello all, I'm a newbie here, although I've been a keen reader of this Mulberry site and some other bag sites at tPF for some time now. Great information, great chats!!:yes:

I live currenty in Tokyo and Mulberries are SO hard to find here! I spotted one black goatskin large Mabel when I visited Finland (home) in January but was foolish enough not to get it then... and the next thing I hear is that this size is discontinued!! So please, tell how to get one (black or pebble?) large Mabel?! I love it!

I have a friend who lives in Oxford (which is quite close to Bicester I think?) but would prefer if they could send the bag to me directly from the Mulberry shop... How to deal with this? Is it even possible?

Please help me, thanks!

You won't be able to get any of the Outlets to post direct to you because they won't send overseas.

Also, the bag will have to be sent to the same UK address as the card holder who pays for the item.

You might want to try some main Mulberry dealers although I'm not sure if any send overseas.

If you particularly want Black then you might have to wait until later in the year because the summer colours are all out now.

Good luck in your search, sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Thanks, Ali! I might email my friend in Oxford then... I think I read from this site that the Shepton Mallet shop had some large Labels, so it could be worth a try to ask from Bicester.

If anyone has an idea about Bicester having large Mabels I sure would like to know... Thanks!

I was thinking of either black goatskin or the pebble colour (don't know what leather that is...) I have mainly black Mulberries so far and I was thinking of having some other colour but which would suit my very black wardrobe...

I think I need to check the Bicester outlet as my friend could maybe go there and pick the bag for me... If I have the nerve to ask her to do it for me. I don't think she will understand my deep need of a large Mabel, though... She's not a "bag person" in that sense. But I know you ladies at tPF recognize my urge!

Well, as I said I believe 1 of the outlets have a Pebble Mabel (its Antique Leather) but I can't remember which one, although I think it was Cheshire Oaks. If you friend can phone Cheshire Oaks, pay for the bag (if they have one) they can post it out to her.

I presume that my Large Mabel you DON'T mean the huge Maxi Mabel which is more like a weekend bag?

Good luck, hope you track one down.

This is a link to show you the Pebble Mabel so that you can see the leather.

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/i-love-my-new-mabel-403478.html

Thanks again, Ali!! Yes, I do mean large, not the maxi one - I just fell in love with the large one because I'm tall and the medium Mabel looked a tad small. I hope I'll find it somewhere, soon... Thanks for the link, too!

I just checked the link... And hey, klp's pebble bag looks fantastic!! Now I might need both black AND pebble!! If that was the medium sized Mabel it actually didn't look that small. At least not on her. It looked great!

I think sometimes people on here say "Large Mabel" when they mean Maxi. As far as I know, Mulberry themselves were only stocking the Large Mabel in black last year. I know that NAP had the Large Mabel in Ocean and MyWardrobe had it in Orange but I don't know what other colours it came in. I know that the aqua Mabel was never produced in the large size and as the Pebble was from the same season, I suspect that didn't come in Large either. Both Aqua and Pebble did come in Maxi, though.

You should have more luck getting a black one, though. Have you tried eBay?

I needed a Large Mabel - hence all the research - as the regular size is way too small for me.

Hello ditab, thanks for the info on the sizes. Can you imagine that they had a Mulberry shop here in Tokyo still about a year ago, and it was walking distance from my house! But they closed it down quite suddenly and now the only place they have some bags is at Isetan dept. store and they have like one small wall of them, about 10-15 bags!! So no luck finding it here... Tokyoites carry a lot of LV as I think they're sooo attracted to logos and monograms. Mulberries don't scream who they are so I think they didn't sell that well in here. That's too bad! :sad:

I'll have to humbly ask my friend to try to find either large black or the medium pebble for me, I guess...

Hi Rikachan! I bought a large Mabel in black goat skin from Canopy Leathergoods in January. I know that they also had large ones in chocolate antiqued leather, which I love. Might be worth checking if they have some left...? At least they send bags to Finland and the service is simply fantastic :smile:!

Thank you Linnea and Flossie!!

I'll check the Canopy Leathergoods, and will definately ask my friend to call the Bicester outlet! How far from Oxford is it actually??

The large pebble Mabel is now haunting me... with the black one!! And another friend is selling her gorgeous black antique glace Bays. I want that one, too!! :nuts: