I need a good strong hairspray

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I just went and cut new side swept bangs back into my hair, the kind that swipe from 3/4 from the side of my head to the other side...a la Ashlee Simpon (pic attached). The problem is, because I am used to wearing my hair parted down the middle, the bangs want to just drop down into my face instead of staying to the side. I guess I need a new, good strong hold hairspray to keep them in place, at least while my hair is being re-trained.

I never used to use hairspray that much as my hair would just get pushed behind my ears and didn't mess with it that much, so I haven't had a chance to try out a lot of different ones.

Can anyone recommend a good, strong hold hairspray that will help with my bangs? I would prefer one to keep my hair soft though, not hard and crunchy. Would also prefer more of a drugstore or Ulta brand, don't want to spend upwards of $20+ for a hairspray. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Elnett's strongest hold. Also if you don't have those little metal beauty clips I'd get some, they're great to help train bangs. I also like using a light lotion w/ hold in it when my hair is wet, right at the root, so my bangs stay soft.

3. OMG, I'm dating myself here - do they still make Aquanet? Where are my girls from the 80s and early 90s? Yeah, that got our bangs nice and crispy.

ETA: ha, I missed the part about wanting to keep your hair soft. My, how style changes! We thought scrunchies and crispy bangs were the end all, be all!

4. LOL!! I grew up in the 80s so I remember aquanet. For some strange reason I even loved the smell of it. LOL.

Looking for something a bit more modern :biggrin:

5. Thanks Swanky. I'm assuming the Elnett is by Loreal? That was the only thing that came up when I searched as I had never heard of it before.

Also, what sort of lotion do you use? I have a lot of hair products but most are for straightening effects or an oil here and there for finishing. I was lucky in the fact that with my long fuss-free hair, I didn't have to do much with it before, so now I'll have to invest in some additional products and sprays to get it to stay.

I still find that my hair wants to resort back to the side whereas my hair is tucked behind my ear instead of my bangs staying on my forehead so I guess it will take some time. I do have those little metal clips so I'll try those as well to get it to stay in place while training. :smile:

6. Blow dry it straight down w/ a round brush while it's wet. I use Bumble and Bumble styling lotion for light hold because it leaves my hair soft like nothing's in it.
    While I'm putting on makeup or whatever I sort of drape mine over to the side, clip them and spray them w/ Elnett (by L'oreal)

7. If you want something that smells great and still holds strong, I really like the
    TIGI Bed Head Masterpiece Hairspray. Especially at the price, I really cannot recommend it enough. If you want something even stronger (as in rock-solid), I recommend the TIGI Hard Head Hard Hold Hairspray. My final recommendation has to be the Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray that has a great airy hold on your hair but still manages to wash out easily.

8. Bumble and bumble bb strong finish firm hold hairspray