i need a favor from all you paddy owners out there (serial number tags)...

As you can see, they are both 2006 and both different. They weight of the padlocks were different too, actually several little differences. Noir from Neiman's, bleu clair from LVR.

Attachments

• IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 2,634
  • IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 2,641
Loganz said:
It is hidden inside the interior zip pocket; are you sure it is not there? Reference my picture, you really have to dig it out.

ah! i found it :lol:

it's the same color as the lining (beige) and is really tucked back in there - mine says 01-06-51-5267...

serialnumber.jpg

noreedoll said:
should i be worried about mine not having this tag? even though i purchased it from nordstrom?

Noreedoll, if you bought it from Nordstroms you are most likely fine. I had a problem with my paddy that I bought from NM with its tag. Even Chloe store told me that it's not required to have this tag to be an authentic Chloe.

I wil say that I returned mine for another one however... just for resale value, it should be perfect and for the price you give, it should be perfect. But that's my two cents!

Good luck!

Amanda, I'll post the picture as soon as I figure out how to watermark.

BorsaBella said:
As you can see, they are both 2006 and both different. They weight of the padlocks were different too, actually several little differences. Noir from Neiman's, bleu clair from LVR.

Mine looks like the one on the right...small type. It was purchased from a boutique directly on the recommendation of the Chloe boutique in Costa Mesa, so I know it is authentic.

Amanda, I can't figure out how to shut off the flash :shame:

But here's what I got anyway. I hope it helps.

Attachments

• whiskey_tag.JPG
    whiskey_tag.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 2,163
  • choco_tag.JPG
    choco_tag.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 2,256
thank you girls so much! it's good to know that authentic tags can have either large or small type, this is something that has bothered me. that really helped!

I hate to put a damper on this thread, but you can all put your cameras away. The size of the Chloe font has changed over the seasons; I have five Paddingtons from NM, BG and Saks, and the font size varies on all of them.

Sorry to sound snarky but authentic bags are not cookie cutter images of one another. These are handmade in Italy and I believe Chloe used a couple different factories for the 06 season, thus some differences in the process. Comparing bag to bag, season to season, will only lead to more questioning, doubts, etc.

Amanda, what are you conducting your research for? To compare against a bag you purchased that could be fake, or are you writing literature on how to spot a fake (which is already in circulation on ebay).

To be fair, roey, I think the fact that they vary, is information in itself, isn't it?!

I bumped this thread to show a member who was asking about the date code/serial numbers, that they were all different and that, therefore, hers sounded OK.

As it turns out, that is almost certainly irrelevant, because she bought the bag from what I am pretty sure is a fake selling website, but still!!! :lol:

Perhaps you could help determine whether the website sells fakes or not and whether her bag could be real? Here's the link:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe/authenticate-this-chloe-17672-4.html