i need a classic and elegant bag. HELP!

cherry pie

Jan 13, 2007
for my 21st my mother has said she is willing to buy me a bag. the only thing is it cant be a trend bag (i.e. not something that ill only use for a few seasons), it has to be grown up and something i can use for work as well as everyday.
im looking for something around the £1000 mark so thats up to $2000.
any ideas?
i would really like a fendi spy but im not sure id still want to use it in a few years time.

this is my favourite so far
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/16344

I think the Spy isnt truly timeless personally.
Have you checked out any Chanels? There's a TON of great styles that most people don't know about.

ITA Chanel is a true classic. I love the Spy too but I don't see that as a timeless bag, or at least not one to start a collection with if you KWIM.

Maybe an Hermes Trim or Gucci Jackie - the style has been around for awhile, and they are great casual bags. Unless you want something for evening, then Chanel Classic Flap would be a great choice. The Chanel Cerf tote is a great 'career' look.

Classic, but maybe not too elegant but something you would wear for a long time - Mulberry Bayswater?
Fendi Spy, nice but TOO trendy and not classic enough.
LV - epi leather?

Classic...
Louis Vuitton -- Alma
or
Hermes Kelly
Maybe a bit too serious for you though... however it (the style) will last longggg...
Meanwhile you can play around with the accessories to lessen the 'career-seriousness' ... just a suggestion :jammin:

Get a Chanel! They're timeless. The new bags are so gorgeous and you wouldnt regret using them after a couple of years.

I've had a baby spy for a couple of months now and was planning to get the spy. However, the leather is starting to blush so I put the Spy on hold. IMO, you won't regret buying a chanel