I need a change...

Aug 14, 2006
I know these posts are annoying but I need some help! I'm getting my hair done on December 11th and I need to decide what I want to do with it. I'm getting kind of sick of my hair right now. Last time I got sick of it I chopped it all off (chin length bob, super short in the back, longer in the front) and I ended up HATING it. It's finally getting longer so I don't want to cut it all off but I do need a change. I also never do anything different with styling it so that kind of bothers me.

I'm open to any suggestions for cut and colour. My hair is super fine so something that works well with that.

Hair right now:

Hair2.jpg

Better view of the colour right now:

Hair1.jpg

This is how it looked two years ago... just to show how rarely I change my hair, lol:

Hair3.jpg

Finally, my natural hair colour (the dark brown that you see underneath, I'm the bride):

Hair4.jpg

Wow that's a lot of pictures of me.. I hate looking at pictures of myself!!!

Any ideas/suggestions? Any suggestions at all would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks! :smile:

Last edited:
I should add that I have no confidence whatsoever when it comes to my hair, which is why I always end up doing it the same way.

I was looking at the VS catalogue the other day and I like this style, but then I have no idea what to do colour-wise.

V294535_CROP1.jpg

I think the cut (one above) is super cute, it also looks as though it is something that could be wash and go if you don't have a ton of time, just a little product and you're set. As far as color goes you should probably consider maintenance, and also think of (I really don't know how to phrase this) but how much time you want to put into every morning. Only mention this bc some people when they change their hair color they also have to change the makeup they wear (switch colors, add more) so that they don't look washed out. For example, my friend had very dark brown hair and she decided to have it lightened so that it is almost gold, it looks cute on her, but ONLY if she wears a full face of makeup, otherwise it just looks like a bad color job. Sorry to be so confusing, but just things to consider.

If you have super fine hair definitely go with some layers to add the illusion of thickness - I like the look of side-swept bangs and and long chin/shoulder length layers all over. Seems like that would flatter your face shape as well.

I'm a fan of dark hair and I think it would look good with your skintone - I color my hair pretty dark brown and a lot of times I can get away with foundation and coloring in my brows and some lipstick/gloss as my only makeup for the day.

Thanks for the tips! I think I'm definitely going to go with the style that I posted above. As for colour, I'm still thinking about it. I'm tempted to go darker because I like how chic it can look... but I dyed it back to its natural colour last year and I HATED it. I also cut it so I think it might be a mix of the two. I felt so boring and plain with the dark/short hair.

So any tips would be great!

Also.. I'm not sure I mentioned just how useless I am with my hair. Any ideas for the best way to style it??

I should add that I have no confidence whatsoever when it comes to my hair, which is why I always end up doing it the same way.

I was looking at the VS catalogue the other day and I like this style, but then I have no idea what to do colour-wise.

V294535_CROP1.jpg
I think this cut and color would look great on you!

PS- you look sooo much like my one friend, it's totally freaking me out!

I still haven't decided and my appointment is tomorrow! lol.

Thanks for all the input ladies, I really appreciate it. I'm taking these pictures with me to my hairdresser so I guess we'll see what happens. I should know in approx. 24 hours.

I'll update then :smile: