I need a bag that...

pasia

O.G.
Mar 18, 2008
I can use for many years, put on the floor without falling appart or getting scratched, use everyday, use it in the rain, travel with it and top of all it must look classy...

Is the mono speedy the right bag for me?

I would have to say that Epi would be the way to go. Mono doesn't adjust well to all weather (vachetta will stain) and if you throw it on the ground I think the edges will wear quite rapidly. Epi is more durable as it can stand bad weather as well as be put on the ground if needed. It's easy to wipe clean. Very classy line.

Here's a LV-newbie so please show pictures, whick one is the Epi?

I personally think the speedy-is the ultra classic, and I think I will only get one LV (i'm in love with balenciagas....) so it might as well be the speedy.

I don't think i'll mind stains so much on the leather, but I don't want it too look trashy after a couple of months... Can't you treat the leather with something?

i'd go with mono speedy 30.
when she ages, she ages well. the patina becomes gorgeous & the canvas becomes glossy. see? :heart: :heart: LoVe mono speedy...

Louis%20Vuitton%20Monogram%20Canvas%20Speedy%2030%20bag1.jpg

I am in a minority here, but I think the monogram is very durable. I do not baby it, and it looks great. Looking at others bags, you can see they only get more unique with use. I am actually thinking of buying a preloved bag - I almost prefer the look of dark handles and used mono. I live in Seattle, where it rains like 250 some days a years, and I use my mono whenever. Uses IMO gives the purse more personality.

^^ that's what i'm thinking too, it adds character, I don't mind it getting darker, but I don't want the leather to fall apart or anything. I know a girl who owns a speedy, she claims she use it almost every day, and the seams on the handles looks... blah, brokenish, maybe it's a fake haha, hav'nt looked so closely... But I don't want mine to look like that.

The damier is pretty too... Hmhmhm... But since it's my first, and maybe only, LV-bag... I think the mono is more wearable. Or is it?

I am starting to like the damier - it is not my first love and I still have not bought a piece of it. It is not something that I would wear everyday, but I have seen others wearing it and it looks really good on some people. I am starting to think it might match black better than mon.