I need a bag that...

The damier ebene speedy 30!! It will look new for ages. I got mine 4 months ago and I'm in love with the damier line now.
here's pic from Eluxury.com :

Attachments

• p11238866_ph_hero.jpg
    p11238866_ph_hero.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 35
hm well I'm 5 feet 1 and I use a 30. I think it looks just perfect on me..I don't own a 35 so I can't compare the size. The 30 can hold a lot of stuff i put my school books in there sometimes.

I am in a minority here, but I think the monogram is very durable. I do not baby it, and it looks great. Looking at others bags, you can see they only get more unique with use. I am actually thinking of buying a preloved bag - I almost prefer the look of dark handles and used mono. I live in Seattle, where it rains like 250 some days a years, and I use my mono whenever. Uses IMO gives the purse more personality.

princesskara: I really need to ask if you spray rain protector on your vachetta since it rains so much? If you did, did you do it when the vachetta was brand new or did you wait a while (until a little patina has set in). Thanks... this vachetta business is giving me an OC disorder:P:P

princesskara: I really need to ask if you spray rain protector on your vachetta since it rains so much? If you did, did you do it when the vachetta was brand new or did you wait a while (until a little patina has set in). Thanks... this vachetta business is giving me an OC disorder:P:P

I did not - after about a year I took a baby wipe and white art eraser to it to clean it up a bit. Honestly, when I bought my first 2 years ago, I did not even really realize there was a reason to be concerned. Over time (and since reading post here on TPF) I have become more aware. But since LV does not do anything to the leather, I feel it is ok to just use it. And it is not like i am super rich and able to replace them whenever I want to. :smile:

PS - and I think the 30 is a great size. I bought a 35 this summer and returned it. It was really large - I like big purses but it just seemed awkard to me since it is handheld only. (I am 5.2 but I think it often looks large on even tall people) Again, I really like some of the really loved ones in 35 with a lot of sag and dark handles, but I am not willing to wait that long...

For a speedy, I say go with the monogram as it looks great with wear. However, I'm a valchetta-phobe so I would never use anything with valchetta for I'm afraid of ruining the gorgeous leather or having spots on it LOL. If you won't care that there are rain spots on it or that it has dirt embedded into the leather then it will be fine for use and abuse :biggrin: i'm sure it will look even more gorgeous with wear, because like experience & aging, wear/age is beautiful :smile:

I think a 30 would be good.. I have a speedy 25 in mono and a speedy damier ebene in the 30 size.. I think I like the 30 better as it can hold a lot but doesnt look enormous like a 35 might..I am also 5ft tall...I think the 25 is nice on a petite person too,doesnt look tiny or anything but a 30 is a nice all around useful size and if you are only getting one bag go for the 30 ... as far as mono or damier.. the damier will hold up a little better but if you are only getting one LV you might want to go with the monogram..

good luck!

I cleaned the dirty vachetta on my black MC with Sof Sole Leather Lotion. I used that bag for 2 years straight and never cleaned it once, it was really dirty on the handles. It is not perfect now but it certainly looks a LOT better than it did, you have to look hard to see the dirty spots whereas before they were very noticeable. I also used this on my red leather Nine West pumps, they had dark scuffs and it took those off too w/o wrecking the leather or taking the color off.

All-weather? On the ground? That has to be the Damier Ebony Speedy!!!! It's perfect and can take just about ANYTHING! The mono version (which is lovely) takes a bit more care with the vachetta. Go with the damier version if you truly want to be able to use it everywhere.