I need a Bag for School! Any Ideas??

kai_415

O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Hi Guys! I was wondering if I could pick at your brains a bit.

Do you guys have a good idea for a school bag? My requirement: that it be light, that it have some structure and that it be nice enough to take to work yet casual and sturdy enough to put on the floor. Ew, I know. ;) Price range: something under or around $1000 would be great.

I'm back in school and I realized none of my bags really work. They're either too dressy or too delicate and nothing I feel good about putting on the floor.

I can't use what I used to use in undergrad-- a North Face/Jansport backpack just doesn't cut it when I go to class straight from work. :P I used my giant Chanel XL Rock Flap a couple of times but it kinda flopped all over the place. Plus maybe it's too blingy for school? Not sure. :confused1: My Purses-to-Go are in the mail so maybe the XL Jumbo would help with the floppiness? But that wouldn't solve the too blingy factor. Plus I don't want to put it on the floor cause the vinyl although hardy, isn't very scratch proof.

Even tho I am not really an LV girl, I think a Vuitton in damier or monogram would work because it just seems like such a tough yet light bag. It would also hold my books much better without flopping over. I saw a young woman (maybe high school, maybe college) with an LV Never Full monogram as her school bag and that's what gave me the idea. She had hers on the floor and I thought, of course! Coated canvas is tough and sturdy and you can wipe things off! But the straps seem kinda thin. Would it be able to take the weight of my books?

I just love the coated canvas part of it! So much so I am almost considering a L.A.M.B. which is even cheaper. It's not something I'd normally get but this is for school.

http://cgi.ebay.com/L-A-M-B-GWEN-STEFANI-WILTSHIRE-SADDLE-TOTE-BAG-WALLET_W0QQitemZ260357597894QQihZ016QQcategoryZ638 52QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The L.A.M.B. is cute (and SO much cheaper than an LV or my Rock Flap) but am I overlooking any other bags? What else should I consider?

Again, it has to be relatively light (I am too old to carry too much! :sweatdrop:) and it should have some structure!

Thanks in advance, guys!! :tup:

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
Goyard St Louis PM or GM - similar to the neverful in shape but comes in a wide range of colors and is also made of canvas.

Longchamp Le Pliage - also, similar shape but has a zip top and comes with either long or short handles (also relatively inexpensive and extremely lightweight)

Belen Echandia Love Me or Take Me Everywhere. You may want to check out the BE forum here for pictures. These are leather, but you can take your pick of leather and color. Some are very lightweight. I find BE bags to be extremely well made and durable.

kai_415

O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Thanks, hipnycmom! I am getting Goyard a lot and there happens to be a Goyard store in my city so I will check it out. Le Pliage might work-- I love Le Pliage but doesn't have that wipe down factor which would be ideal. Well, ideally I could toss it in the wash but that just seems impossible unless I go w/ some nylon backpack. Hm.... Prada?? I hadn't thought of that as a possibility!

I will check out the Belen Echandias.

I want to get a nice but highly functional bag-- maybe it will keep me uber motivated!

Thanks, once again! :tup: