I need a Bag for college

AlyssaP22

Nov 17, 2009
I'm going off to college in the fall and was wondering if you gals had any ideas on a bad that would be a good fit for me. I need it to fit my laptop computer. :smile:

Thank you!:smile::smile:

I personally think that any purse that you buy will become very heavy when you put a laptop in. As a student, I've done this many times myself and it has always hurt my shoulders very quickly.

If you have a laptop, it might be better to stay with a backpack, laptop bag or a crossbody bag (like Zoe, Julianne, the Poppy Rocker or Alexandra). If you have a netbook, then I think you have a lot more options to choose from and I wouldn't be able to list them all!

I personally don't carry my laptop in my purse because it'll never be protective enough to prevent accidental damage to my computer, and I don't want to risk it. I carry the laptop in its own case (with a shoulder strap), which frees me up to choose from many different types of purses. If you're set on carrying the laptop in your bag, I think any poppy glam tote would do the job. You could also go for an ella, which (I think) has several compartments and is very structured and roomy.

im not sure about laptops, since i hated to tote mine around lol, but for textbooks/ notebooks/binders etc i think the size of the poppy glam tote is perfect!

I personally don't carry my laptop in my purse because it'll never be protective enough to prevent accidental damage to my computer, and I don't want to risk it. I carry the laptop in its own case (with a shoulder strap), which frees me up to choose from many different types of purses. If you're set on carrying the laptop in your bag, I think any poppy glam tote would do the job. You could also go for an ella, which (I think) has several compartments and is very structured and roomy.

I agree. Any poppy glam tote would work fine as it is very lightweight. When i carry my laptop I always carry it in a "non-laptop" bag and carry a fashion bag (a bag big enough to fit a 17" laptop), so that people don't know that I am carrying a laptop.

I have a Julianne, and although it is definately strong enough to hold a laptop, (I'm too tall to use the stap as a crossbody, I just put it on my shoulder), and the strap is good, you need something much bigger-- I'm using the Julianne as my regular purse and the Coach Men's Varick Medium Business Tote for school (laptop, a few coil notebooks, power cord, everything!).

I find the Coach Men's business bags are all awesome! They have a couple new ones with colors if you want something different, and they're not badly priced. The only thing to keep in mind with the mens bags is that the straps are much longer-- which can be used for crossbody :smile:

Honestly, I'd say something like a Lindsey would be perfect if you could find one. Others probable won't agree with me, but that's what I'm going to carry when I'm done with my high school diploma and I start college. It's got tons of room, and it's very compartmentalized. If not that, maybe a Bonnie? Or the Bigger Kristin satchel?