I Miss The Tom Ford For Gucci Era...

:tispy: you're so sweet

I loved his work on RTW too but you have to remember that a lot of the accessories that we think of as Ford-era were actually designed by Frida Giannini as she was appointed 'handbag design director' from Sept 2002

:tispy: you're so sweet

I loved his work on RTW too but you have to remember that a lot of the accessories that we think of as Ford-era were actually designed by Frida Giannini as she was appointed 'handbag design director' from Sept 2002

Do you Think the quality was better when he was still in office? I have such a hard time understanding Frida when she speaks, lol!

Do you Think the quality was better when he was still in office? I have such a hard time understanding Frida when she speaks, lol!

:nuts: Tom Ford for President! Can you imagine? A third Ford in office but this time, third time lucky. The US would be so stylish I'd emigrate immediately :P

Well, I'm sure the Italians thought, 'thank goodness for Frida, we could never understand that nice Mr Ford's Italian' :biggrin:

With the exception of the fabulous Babushka collection A/W 2008 and until this S/S catwalk was shown, I did miss TF's influence esp in the evening-wear dept, it was TDF, but look at these:

http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/show.aspx/full-length-photos/id,9598/Page,3#

It looks like Frida is now incorporating and referencing TF's aesthetics and as part of Gucci's (and YSL's) history within her own work which I love :yahoo:.

...and of course TF is probably a happier, more fulfilled renaissance man now he has done so many other fine things with his time (although he should look at his sunies' quality control)

Yup, they are called LVMH :supacool:

I heard he asked for a pay-rise that was more than the gross-national profit of China and Europe couldn't afford it :sunnies

oprah.gif

The reason why I divorced gucci Tom had gone I'm happy to hear at least that he is coming back to women's fashion, but miss gianini is a major !!!!!!!!! Disappointment. In my personal taste the woman shows no talent, and I have to say I do miss Tom and fear gucci that is the new reformulated gucci will never be gucci again. Sadly his influence is dying faster than i thought it would be the chic minimalism of gucci is leaving and a new wave of stores are coming up and let's just say GOLD is the major influence I love gold but gucci was stainless steal and minimalist orchideal elegance not guild and chrome gold .

The reason why I divorced gucci Tom had gone I'm happy to hear at least that he is coming back to women's fashion, but miss gianini is a major !!!!!!!!! Disappointment. In my personal taste the woman shows no talent, and I have to say I do miss Tom and fear gucci that is the new reformulated gucci will never be gucci again. Sadly his influence is dying faster than i thought it would be the chic minimalism of gucci is leaving and a new wave of stores are coming up and let's just say GOLD is the major influence I love gold but gucci was stainless steal and minimalist orchideal elegance not guild and chrome gold .

It's so refreshing reading your comment. Tom Ford was who got me interested in Gucci. Gucci can't never replace TF. I'm not wowed by Ms. Frida thus far. She doesn't have the "IT" factor like TF.

Off topic but I didn't know he was gay for the longest time then when I found out...
14vs7lljpg.gif

Birkel you are always poetic :girlsigh:.

It's so refreshing reading your comment. Tom Ford was who got me interested in Gucci. Gucci can't never replace TF. I'm not wowed by Ms. Frida thus far. She doesn't have the "IT" factor like TF.

Off topic but I didn't know he was gay for the longest time then when I found out...
14vs7lljpg.gif

Ha, ha you and my sister both, honey - she was devastated!

I like Tom but I bless Frida too, I LOVE her, even though she makes me broke :true:

^^ He has one of the most handsome face I've ever seen. So scrumptious!

I know but talented, handsome, fastidiously neat and super-stylish I always knew he had to be gay :biggrin:

You would have loved the artisan event in London there were male models/waiters handing out champagne and nibbles and all very Ford-esque.

My sister had trouble concentrating on the bags and shoes etc and that's a first in a designer shop! :P