I miss my purse!! ='(

palty

Feb 19, 2011
I hate to be the downer in the forum amongst all you lucky ladies with your new treasures but I just miss my little eva and I need to rant.

So, back in November, I bought my dear boyfriend a wallet for his birthday, I didn't hot stamp it yet so we went a few days later back to the store to heat stamp the wallet. The same day, I also brought in my eva to heat stamp because I saw how another tpfer got their initials and it looked beautiful! Unfortunately, the only person who does the hot stamping was not working that day, that's fine so we picked out our sizes, colors, and paperwork and left.

A few days later, we get the phone call to go pick up. Both of us, excited to pick up our newly hot stamped LVs head to the store. When the SA comes back with our items, they had the initials reversed!! Mine were on his wallet, and his were on my bag. My heart sunk, I didn't know what was going to happen... Fortunately, after a FEW attempts, they were able to fix my BF's wallet to the correct initials (although you can still see an imprint of MY initials...brand new wallet mind you), but my poor eva did not make it.. and had to be sent to repairs. :cry: The SA was very apologetic and mentioned that it would be rushed to be fixed, and when it gets back they will heat stamp it right away.

Now today, its finally here, and I go in the pick up my bag, and its fixed, but no heat stamping was done (I even saw notes on their copy of the reciept to hot stamp). So... now I'm back to square one, where I was back in November. Also, when i saw that the purse wasn't hot stamped the SA just gave me this "oh yeah they just forgot, so you want your bag or not?" ...the way the SA responded was so rude and impolite. I get better customer service at a coffee shop!

I understand that it is kind of a favor that LV is providing for us customers, and that I should be appreciative of but it is so frustrating that something they say they can do, they can't fulfil it! =( Maybe I could be slightly overreacting, due to the absence of my baby, I've never had any previous problems with this store and actually really liked going to this location, but this experience just leaves me with a bad taste!

That's a pretty big mistake! Especially since you said you can still see your initials on his "corrected" wallet. I would complain to the manager. I don't think it matters whether it's free or not--they still made a mistake. I probably wouldn't hot stamp anything at this boutique ever again....I'd be afraid and angry!!!

I agree - complain. He should get a NEW wallet if you can see the remnants of their mistake. Inexcusable! Report that rude SA to the store manager too. Honestly most of the time it pays to be sweet and courteous but in times like this - stand up for yourself. (I would demand a new wallet since their poor work marred it, & leave your Eva as is... don't heat stamp at ALL for now. At another future celebratory time like your anniversary or something, I would go to a different boutique and re-do the entire heat stamp experience) - because at this point, it's all going to be a bad memory this go-around. :sad: Good luck!

You have every right to be disappointed (and if it were me, I'd be really peeved ;)). Your bf should've got a new wallet, and your eva should've been stamped before you were called to pick it up. It's not hard for the SA to have a quick look to make sure the heatstamping has been done before they call you :nogood:
I'd follow Ishcat's advice, such a shame that some stores can be so nonchalant!

So sorry you're having to go through this! It was their mistake so I would not accept anything less than what would make YOU happy. If that means having them restamp the Eva....do it. Just be certain you talk to the manager and explain your expectations. They should right this for you. As for your bf's wallet...that would drive me crazy. I can't believe they let you leave the boutique with the wallet. If you guys aren't happy with the end result, I would also have them fix/replace it. Good luck and don't feel bad! You're a paying customer.

Oh, wow. I understand that everyone is only human and mistakes can always occur, but at least they could have taken further steps to correct it than they did. They could have given your BF another wallet to replace the one that was mistakenly stamped with your initials, given the fact that you could still see an imprint. And one would think that they'd remember to stamp your Eva. When the SA noticed that it wasn't done, she should have apologized to you and offered to have it stamped at the earliest possible time. If they had done that, then the mistake would have been forgivable. It's what I would have done if I had been the SA.

What awful customer service. I definitely agree that your boyfriend should have gotten a brand new wallet, not a "fixed" and slightly blemished one that resulted from THEIR error. Also, considering they completely ruined your Eva and had to send it out for repair (thus preventing you from using something you'd already paid for, again due to THEIR error) they should have at least hotstamped it right. Geez Louise. So sorry you had to go through that!