I might have had a crazy moment

wcofer28

Ready for Summer!!
O.G.
Dec 20, 2006
Last night I bought this with Buy-it-Now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280213798903&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018

Notice the large ink spot.......yes, I did see that before I bought it:yes:. Here's my reasoning. I have been wanting a large Ergo tote in any color leather, but especially the turquoise, forever, to use while traveling. I carry books, movies, snacks, etc., for myself and my kids, and I want something that I don't have to "baby", that I can kind of toss around and not worry about. If I paid $250 from an outlet for that bag, and it was in excellent condition, I would worry about it, but since I paid $150 for this one, and it's already blemished, I won't worry that much.

Plus, the ink spot is on the back of the bag, and I am sure it isn't that noticeable when it's carried. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about it. But who thinks I had a crazy moment?! LOL!

I saw that yesterday and was about to pounce on it when I saw the stain. If it doesn't bother you then it was a good deal, it would irk me. But like you said, it's on the back and if you are using it for stuff like books and stuff for your kids then you won't really worry about getting it dirty or soiled, it's like a pre-owned car, already broken in.

I see your rationale. It's a beautiful bag, except for the spot, of course. Hopefully the inside is ok?

Yes, the seller said there were a few small pen marks inside but it doesn't sound like much.

I should also say, I have medium Ergo totes in turquoise (my all-time favorite, most babied bag!), red patent, and pond patent, a small Ergo hobo in turquoise, and a medium Ergo hobo in chocolate. So it's not my first Ergo;); my others are all in excellent condition, so I'm not too worried about this one.

I think it's such a pretty color, and if the stain doesn't bother you, then you did the right thing... besides no one is going to notice if it's on the back, and this is such a great deal!

I saw that yesterday and was about to pounce on it when I saw the stain. If it doesn't bother you then it was a good deal, it would irk me. But like you said, it's on the back and if you are using it for stuff like books and stuff for your kids then you won't really worry about getting it dirty or soiled, it's like a pre-owned car, already broken in.

Same with me! That's right you won't have to worry so much about it for every day since it has that issue and you didn't pay much.

Last night I bought this with Buy-it-Now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280213798903&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018

Notice the large ink spot.......yes, I did see that before I bought it:yes:. Here's my reasoning. I have been wanting a large Ergo tote in any color leather, but especially the turquoise, forever, to use while traveling. I carry books, movies, snacks, etc., for myself and my kids, and I want something that I don't have to "baby", that I can kind of toss around and not worry about. If I paid $250 from an outlet for that bag, and it was in excellent condition, I would worry about it, but since I paid $150 for this one, and it's already blemished, I won't worry that much.

Plus, the ink spot is on the back of the bag, and I am sure it isn't that noticeable when it's carried. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about it. But who thinks I had a crazy moment?! LOL!

its not that bad! I think it gives the bag a little character... lol, the spot kinda goes since its blue! dont worry about it!

Congrats! I think that is a pretty good deal. Especially, since you are going to be using it as your throw around tote. I noticed that she states never attempting to remove the stain. You never know - maybe you will be able to minimize the appearance of it.

Who knows maybe there is some crazy chance you can take it some where and get the ink out. You are right though, it will not be noticable when carrying it. I need something like that. I want a bag I am not scared to through a spill proof-yeah right-sippy cup in.

Its really not that big of a deal, plus its on the backside. You got it for a great price, and if its just your throw around tote, who cares?! Congratz!

I think that's a great deal!!! Especially if you just want to use it as a throw around bag. If the spot does begin to bother you, you could always send it away to see if Coach can fix it for you! Congrats on the awesome deal!!!!!