I may have just captured an endangered species...

My OH hated this bag when I showed it to him ...I was deflated as I wanted one...then a few months later when I was ill in hospital he turned up with one.....he still isn't keen on it though....he loves my oak one best ....I think he thinks I'm too old for this one lol....mutton but I don't care

You love her - and that's all that counts! And how lovely of OH to purchase her for you as a surprise when you were ill! A special bag, for many reason, - and a beauty, too, from your photo!!

Oooh - fantastic, mary!! I can't wait to see your reveal! I hope you have a fab week, to make up for your grotty last week! This should go some way to making it all much better! XX
Thank you, that's so sweet. It was a great surprise, since I never expected to find this bag at a decent price and I wasn't even searching for it...

Not getting my hopes up too much though until she arrives and I can see the condition (I purchased from a website I haven't used before) and confirm 100% authenticity.

Wow I'm so late here, been soooo busy lately, no time for tPF but just pop back & found this thread & very happy - ITA, this is perfect Lexy, rain or shine or posh or casual, young or old, can be standing out to show off, or totally camoflaged, depends on the outfit. Tell me about it!!

This is one of the Mulberry I never let go - enjoy!!!:yahoo:

Wow I'm so late here, been soooo busy lately, no time for tPF but just pop back & found this thread & very happy - ITA, this is perfect Lexy, rain or shine or posh or casual, young or old, can be standing out to show off, or totally camoflaged, depends on the outfit. Tell me about it!!

This is one of the Mulberry I never let go - enjoy!!!:yahoo:

Yay

She's here! And she's lovely. I'm waiting on tenterhooks for the authenticators to confirm if she is authentic. She looks good to me :smile:

The condition is good, except that the strap has stretched a bit (she must have carried heavy weights, poor baby!), and she feels dry in places, especially the corners. Also the zipper pull is missing inside (which was disclosed) but I'm sure I can fashion something nice. I'd never sell this bag so am not worried about resale value.

Her leopard patten is just amazingly stunning, there are very few scratches on the hardware, and she is super light (lighter than my black soft goat lexie). So I can live with her defects (i.e. looking a little worn), especially for the price I paid! :smile:

What would you oak lexie owners recommend to spruce her up?

I use this Collonil cream regularly on my smooth leather bags (I like it much more than waterstop spray, because it conditions the bags beautifully and also makes them waterproof, without being sticky)

http://www.collonil.com/en/waterstop-classic-1359.html

and have used this on a patent Bays I used to own (without noticing any difference I must say)

http://www.collonil.com/en/lack-polish-classic-570.html

Or should I use something else? Please help me get her looking nice for her reveal pics.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club and Congrats :yahoo:

I have the regular and just purchased a bag liner to give her a little more structure. She's my most used Mulberry and has relaxed over the years with use. I still love her to bits and have matching purse tassel and pouch now. I will never part with mine either

Yours looks in lovely condition, enjoy your rare beauty

Welcome to the club and Congrats :yahoo:

I have the regular and just purchased a bag liner to give her a little more structure. She's my most used Mulberry and has relaxed over the years with use. I still love her to bits and have matching purse tassel and pouch now. I will never part with mine either

Yours looks in lovely condition, enjoy your rare beauty

I have the matching pouch and small purse too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 235
I have the matching pouch and small purse too

Yay :ghi5: Think they are all fabulous, the purse is a real cutie, never seems to age, animal prints come in and out of fashion but think they always look classy if you don't overdo them

I saw a young women the other day with zebra leggings, different colour and style animal print Uggs, jacket and a very loud animal print bag. Really made me smile, oh to be young :biggrin:

So sorry for the delay in showing her to you... I had a hectic weekend but will post pics tomorrow :smile: I have moisturised her and she looks and feels much better, now ready for her close up!

No idea why the pics came out sideways - sorry!

The 2 problems I still have is that:

1. the leather feels very dry in places, even after me applying this Collonil leather cream

http://www.collonil.com/en/waterstop-classic-1359.html

Is there anything else i can try to condition her??? Please help!

2. the shoulder strap is very long. I compared and it is longer than the strap on my black buffalo Alexa. Strange, but since I plan to use this bag lots I think I'll just have more holes made in the strap.

Any suggestions for making the leather less dry would be very much appreciated... in the front of the bag, and the corners, it looks and feels very dry and much less shiny than the back, which feels smooshy and lovely... :nogood:

A pity, but I do love the look of the bag so I've decided, after some thinking, to keep her anyway.