I may be crazy but Mr. Clean Magic eraser save my gucci.

I was carrying my gucci I've had for 3 1/2 years yesterday and I noticed my J brand jeans color transferred onto my beige gucci. It had a big blue spot on it! I decided what the hell and got out a Mr. Clean magic eraser, wet it and scrubbed my bag. I could instantly see the blue come off onto the sponge. After the bag dried, the spot was gone! Who knew! This was certainly easier and cheaper than sending the bag in.

LoveM&S

More Bags, Pleeease!
O.G.
Oct 5, 2009
Good for you!
I heard it is very hard to deal with jeans color transfer.

Is the bag a leather or a canvas? Or other materials?

azngal

O.G.
Jun 12, 2010
I'm surprised that the jean dye transferred onto canvas. Have you washed your J Brand Jeans many times before or were they new jeans? I've had transfer of dye to my guccisima white leather bag, and yes Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and even baby wipes removes the dye. Good save!

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Well done, might have to get me some of that just in case ;)

I've heard it happening to all sorts of fabric and light-colour leather bags of all brands with jeans so don't blame yourself.

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
MIDWEST-USA
That has happened to me several times. I've also seen pics here in the forum of it happening.
I wish I used the magic eraser when it happened to me! Sounds gentle.
I used a soft toothbrush and soapy water and I feel like I roughed up the fabric, but it took off the jean transfer. Also it happened again and for some reason just from normal wear of it then brushing against my coat it was like having it rubbed took off the blue transfer also! I have a feeling that depends a lot on that particular dye though.