I make better decisions in the OR...

SurgicalGirl

Be Kind & Courteous
Oct 2, 2011
Okay wonderful members I am completely torn. Between a Mon Mono Neverfull MM bearing my wedding initials ( saving up to buy in september at the St.Thomas while there on honeymoon) Or the Damier Ebene Speedy B 35.

Reasons for Neverfull,
-Nice tote to have, had one before and sold it but now want it back due to being done with college and the amount of travel I will be doing with DF ( DH in less than 2 months:yahoo:
-Would have my NEW married Initials one it
- Truly a One of a Kind Piece designed and loved by me

Reasons for Damier Ebene
-after marriage will be moving out of the deep humid south to a state with ALL 4 SEASONS!
-will not have to worry about vachetta being ruined
-looks lovely as a winter time piece.
- nice to have also for traveling and can carry several different ways to suit different needs.

I have for sure decided on the wallet that I want but will keep y'all waiting on that :graucho: does anyone know if the st.thomas store does hotstamping or if the one in puerto rico does?, and should I call before hand to make sure they have the pieces I want? If they don't can the get them in for me?

+1. Always happens to me. All that stressful decision making for nothing ;)

HAHAHA you make me laugh!! I'll have to try that with DF. I may get the Speedy B in DE since I'll move up to Ohio the first week of october and the winter rain/snow/sleet will come fast. Especially since I don't have a DE piece.

I may get the Mon Mono around christmas/new years time.
I would get the Gris and Boudreaux with Boudreaux as the Lining.

HAHAHA you make me laugh!! I'll have to try that with DF. I may get the Speedy B in DE since I'll move up to Ohio the first week of october and the winter rain/snow/sleet will come fast. Especially since I don't have a DE piece.

If you can afford them, get both :smile: If not, get the Speedy B first then the Mon Mono later.

SurgicalGirl said:

I like your plan! Honestly I have a damier ebene speedy 30 and it's my go to bag in the rain, snow, etc. if it gets wet I just dry it off and move on. It always looks new! I would highly recommend it for the type of weather you are expecting.

However, I could always for go the wallet and get the Marc By Marc Jacobs I saw the other day and then I could get BOTH bags.. If i order a Mon Mono in St. Thomas can they ship it to my new address in Ohio? Or maybe I should order the Mon Mono while I am in Houston for my Bachelorette weekend to have a piece to remember my last weekend with my best girlfriends as all of us single- 3 of my bridesmaids will get married within 9 months of my marriage. And then get the DE as a honeymoon piece to remember.

That's what I was going to ask, can I order it in the store and then have it shipped to me? Or does it have to be picked up in the store? Does anyone know if I order in a store like Houston etc can I pay in full upfront or is a deposit required? I may just wait to go to the cincinatti one to start shopping around for a SA and a bag. Also to maybe get a piece or too for his Christmas gifts. Does anyone know if they will mon mono a men's wallet or passport holder?

The SAs at Saks in Cincinnati are SUPER nice and helpful. I don't have a specific one that I work with, but they are all wonderful and down to earth. I would probably wait and get it in Cincinnati, for a few reasons. 1) you can start a relationship with an SA 2) if you have it shipped, what kind of taxes will you have to pay? 3) the bag may cost more than what you are legally allowed to bring back to the US. I'm not sure how St. Thomas works, but when you go to Europe, you are only allowed to bring back $800 worth of merchandise every six months. Anything over that amount, you have to pay taxes on.

chanelbelle7 said:
The SAs at Saks in Cincinnati are SUPER nice and helpful. I don't have a specific one that I work with, but they are all wonderful and down to earth. I would probably wait and get it in Cincinnati, for a few reasons. 1) you can start a relationship with an SA 2) if you have it shipped, what kind of taxes will you have to pay? 3) the bag may cost more than what you are legally allowed to bring back to the US. I'm not sure how St. Thomas works, but when you go to Europe, you are only allowed to bring back $800 worth of merchandise every six months. Anything over that amount, you have to pay taxes on.

You made really good reasons! I will wait to get the mon mono in cincinatti. Do you have experience with the mon mono? Would they do a men's wallet for me do you know? I'm glad to know at least one tpf in the Ohio area! I'm moving there not knowing a soul... Ohhh the things ya do for love :smile: