I MADE MY 1ST PURCHASE

iLuvBeauty

Feb 24, 2017
So..... I made my first LV purchase.... I'm so freaking excited.

A little backstory. Sorry if it's long.

When I was 18 (...& naive). I was approached by someone walking down the street by my job selling a Louis Vuitton pochette accessories from the multicolor collection in noir. He said "Give me $50 and it's yours." It came with a dust bag and everything. Me and my BF were fighting to give the man the money, the bag was so cute. We are thinking we just got the best deal ever.

A few days later, we were in Lenox Mall and decided we would take the bag and ask if it was real. So we walk in the store and I was speaking to the SA and I asked her if she could tell me if the bag was real. I proceeded to take the bag off my arm and before I could get it off she was like.... "ugh NO, ITS NOT REAL." I was so heartbroken. She didn't even touch it or nothing lol, she said immediately it was a fake. I guess it was that noticeable. We walked out the store and I immediately took my items out the purse and threw it in the trash.

I was mad bc the guy played us and said it was real and we were thinking we were getting a deal. At the time the price of a pochette was like $120 bucks (boy how things change...lol). Didn't know that then but seen a price list from back then and that was what the pricing said. From that day forward, I told myself I wouldn't be caught wearing a fake bc I can't stomach the embarrassment. Since I couldn't afford one, I wouldn't buy a knock off bc I could put that toward a real one or another type or brand of a bag. Whether it be a Michael Kors, Coach, Steve Madden, Nine West or whatever.

So fast forward 15 years later.... I made my first purchase. I have been saving for a few months. I bought a new Car and my first House last year and I said, I'm going to buy myself something nice.

Today was a small impulse purchase... but nonetheless I'm still so excited [emoji4].

I'm going back on Saturday for the big purchase... I have to make a real life decision between .... Classic Speedy 30 in DE or Speedy B 30 in DE. So can y'all help me decide?

Are you ready for a small reveal?

. . . .Today was a small impulse purchase... but nonetheless I'm still so excited [emoji4].
I'm going back on Saturday for the big purchase... I have to make a real life decision between .... Classic Speedy 30 in DE or Speedy B 30 in DE. So can y'all help me decide?

im here and up for a reveal!! how exciting. congrats on your first LV piece. lets SEE!!!

Congrats on your purchase! As for the speedy, I don't have any...yet, that's further down my wishlist. But my bf told me to get the Speedy B. At least you'll have a choice if you want the strap or not. But if you know for sure that you're not a strap girl then go with the classic.

Happy choosing :yes:

Reactions: iLuvBeauty
That's what I'm leaning towards. I tried it on and it does feel as big as it looks.

Love your 6 key holder. You're going to get so much use out of that, too. Fitting a couple of cards and a $20 behind the flap is so convenient! That was one of my first purchases, as well, and It replaced my wallet.

How tall are you? I am 5'10" and carry a speedy b 40 as my daily work bag. It's definitely on the big side, but it is perfect for my needs. I also have a speedy b 30 and 35. I tried the 25 but in the end, the zipper chewed my knuckles, which was a complete deal breaker for me. You won't regret the 30! Along with all of your other essentials, you can fit a water bottle and a light weight jacket or your cardigan in it when you need. At least that's what I can fit. I don't carry much when I'm not going to work, so I have extra room. If you decide you don't like the slouch (which I am a fan of) I would recommend hacking a base shaper and cutting a piece of thick cardboard for the bottom instead of buying one of the plexiglass ones. I worry that the plexi is too stiff and will eventually accelerate the damage to corners, I could be totally wrong here as I choose to make my own. I think cardboard is just giving enough that it would give way before the canvas.

Would love to see modeling pics from your try on if you have any. If not, I can't wait to see the reveal on your new bag! I know that surge of excitement for your first big purchase is building with each passing hour. Have fun!!

Congratulations! Such a beautiful piece to begin your collection with. I have the speedy b 25 in DE and I use the strap all the time for shoulder carry and occasionally for cross body. The strap really is worth the extra money. So exited for your first LV purchases. I had to work hard to get to my first ones too. It just makes it all the sweeter [emoji4] Enjoy!

A little backstory. Sorry if it's long.

When I was 18 (...& naive). I was approached by someone walking down the street by my job selling a Louis Vuitton pochette accessories from the multicolor collection in noir. He said "Give me $50 and it's yours." It came with a dust bag and everything. Me and my BF were fighting to give the man the money, the bag was so cute. We are thinking we just got the best deal ever.

A few days later, we were in Lenox Mall and decided we would take the bag and ask if it was real. So we walk in the store and I was speaking to the SA and I asked her if she could tell me if the bag was real. I proceeded to take the bag off my arm and before I could get it off she was like.... "ugh NO, ITS NOT REAL." I was so heartbroken. She didn't even touch it or nothing lol, she said immediately it was a fake. I guess it was that noticeable. We walked out the store and I immediately took my items out the purse and threw it in the trash.

I was mad bc the guy played us and said it was real and we were thinking we were getting a deal. At the time the price of a pochette was like $120 bucks (boy how things change...lol). Didn't know that then but seen a price list from back then and that was what the pricing said. From that day forward, I told myself I wouldn't be caught wearing a fake bc I can't stomach the embarrassment. Since I couldn't afford one, I wouldn't buy a knock off bc I could put that toward a real one or another type or brand of a bag. Whether it be a Michael Kors, Coach, Steve Madden, Nine West or whatever.

So fast forward 15 years later.... I made my first purchase. I have been saving for a few months. I bought a new Car and my first House last year and I said, I'm going to buy myself something nice.

Today was a small impulse purchase... but nonetheless I'm still so excited [emoji4].

My vote is for Speedy B. More versatile than a classic! Congratulations by the way :biggrin:

Reactions: iLuvBeauty